November 2019 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 11-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Danny Creasy
US Air Force

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
November 2019 25 Yard Scoped CZ/BRNO Rimfire Benchrest Match

Guidelines:

CZ or BRNO scoped sporters less than or equal to 9.0 lbs when weighed with the magazine removed. The CZ 452 and 455 Varmint should qualify unless your glass and rings are more than 2 pounds, but as far as BRNO Models 3 and 4 -- sorry guys, you'll have to step up to the 50 yard distance.

Any safe trigger. Maximum magnification of 9x on the scope. (Those with variable scopes set them to 9x or lower).

No aftermarket barrels or stocks only CZ's original stocks and barrels. It is also prohibited to swap the stocks of different CZ models such as taking the stock from a Varmint and putting it on a Trainer. If one has damaged his/her original CZ stock, they may order the same exact factory replacement stock for their specific model. There are other BR games on RFC for dramatically altered rifles. We are trying to encourage competition with unmodified or minimally modified scoped CZ sporters. As to custom stock bedding performed on a factory stock, no compound-bedding allowed, pillared or non, and plain pillar bedding is prohibited as well.

Target is the USBR Target (The Green Monster)

22 long rifle

Fired from a benchrest using front and rear support, must be free recoiling (no gun vises), but a bi-pod is fine if the shooter prefers.

Distance to target is 25 yards

Time limit - 1 hour for unlimited sighters and the 25 rounds for score

You can shoot on an indoor range if it is your only option, but please report that fact in your post.

You can post multiple targets if each is fired with a different CZ. For example, a shooter could post one with her CZ Varmint and another with her CZ American and a third with a scoped Ultra Lux! You may shoot up to FOUR targets with EACH rifle and post the highest score fired with each one.

Post a pic of your target (required) and the equipment you used (recommended) in this thread by November 30, 2019. There will be a new match next month and every month thereafter during our shooting season of April through December.

Honor system, and we couldn't ask for a more honorable bunch.

Wind flags are fine. I usually tie a piece of bright streamer or the like to a hammered-in stake.

Use this format to post your score(s):

11/28/19 Gobble! Gobble!
250-10X
Henry Wade Smith V
CZ 452 American, Weaver V-16 (set on 9X), Eley Black Box
Custom front rest and rear bag
Temps in 50s under blue skies with light winds.

How to score:

A homemade scoring/plugging board is helpful:

TARGETS?

Good question!

http://www.americantargetcompany.com...us_targets.asp

(third row down on the right)
Old 11-09-2019, 10:37 AM
lasttombstone
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Must be cold everywhere like it is here or everyone is out squirrel hunting with Squirrelbark. I got a little practice in last week on a sorta warm day and seemed lucky to hold a 1 inch group so I decided it wasn't my day to shoot for score. Maybe Monday since it is supposed to hit 60. 38 here at 10:30 today so I'm chunking wood in the stove. Actually, I got tired of having to go to the 3rd page to find this so I'm getting it back towards the front page. Sure hope this trend doesn't continue or Danny is going to be the only one posting by December.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:53 PM
Tomcat21
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Must be cold everywhere like it is here or everyone is out squirrel hunting with Squirrelbark. I got a little practice in last week on a sorta warm day and seemed lucky to hold a 1 inch group so I decided it wasn't my day to shoot for score. Maybe Monday since it is supposed to hit 60. 38 here at 10:30 today so I'm chunking wood in the stove. Actually, I got tired of having to go to the 3rd page to find this so I'm getting it back towards the front page. Sure hope this trend doesn't continue or Danny is going to be the only one posting by December.
I won't make for November 20th or 21st like I thought, hoping for a December shoot.
Old 11-09-2019, 01:10 PM
1522steelshooter
National Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hear ya Lee. I'm a little further south than Danny so I hope there will be days I can shoot. I would like to fire up my wood burning heater but between my bad back and knees the trip to the wood shed seam to get longer and longer. I assume we will not be shooting Jan. Feb and March. I have been thinking about building a small building to shoot from but I'm not sure it's worth it.

Dan
Old 11-09-2019, 02:07 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
A place to shoot wasn't the primary reason for the building I got but rather a place to work on my guns and turkey calls. It just turned out to be a great place to set up my bench and turn the heater up on cold days when there isn't much wind. I'm not smart enough to build a structure like that which wouldn't fall on my head. I bought a 12x20 storage building from a local Amish builder and finished the inside and couldn't be happier. Hope to get a small covered deck on the front of it some day.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:00 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
11/10/19
248 - 5x (Edited to correct the score)
SourMash (Andy)
CZ 455 American, Leupold 2x7x33
SK Pistol match
Sinclair varmit rest, Protektor rear bag
62 zero wind
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20191110_125403_1573408810838.jpg (443.5 KB, 26 views)

Last edited by SourMash77; 11-11-2019 at 06:03 AM. Reason: Made a mistake on scoring
Old 11-10-2019, 01:05 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Forgot to mention, that one stray on the right side of the target was rushed shot on a target right next to it, please disregard my ignorance. Also, should've been 3 more x's but I could see a microscopic hint of green so I didn't count them.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:54 PM
Taterchip

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Nice target Andy
Old 11-10-2019, 03:32 PM
lasttombstone

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Andy..... you are being too generous to everyone here and being too critical of yourself. Did you plug any of those holes? Doesn't look like it to me. I declare that 9 on the last row will plug a 10. Great target anyway. I finally went out and shot one today with the 455 and a 246 was it. Hoping to do better before I have to post an official one.
Old 11-10-2019, 05:49 PM
Pastprime
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (121)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasttombstone View Post
Andy..... you are being too generous to everyone here and being too critical of yourself. Did you plug any of those holes? Doesn't look like it to me. I declare that 9 on the last row will plug a 10. Great target anyway. I finally went out and shot one today with the 455 and a 246 was it. Hoping to do better before I have to post an official one.
If he had used a plug gauge, I think his score would be 248 and 7 or 8 x's. Some of us plug every hole; even the ones that look obvious. On almost every target, there are a couple I misidentify before plugging. Sometimes I gain a point; sometime I loose one, but at least I'm 99.9% sure the score is correct.

Hank
Old 11-11-2019, 06:01 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks guys, I did plug them and after reading the comments I went back and checked that last row 9. It was a solid 10 and I have no idea why I wrote a 9, so thanks again for that tip. As for the X's, I'd love to be able to count 3 more but this is an honor system and I could BARELY see I smidgen of green so I didn't count them. I'm glad to be in the same ballgame as you guys now!Thanks for all the advise.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:59 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
C'mon guys, this month is half over now. I need you guys to give me some competition, I don't want to be the only guy on the board for the month!
Old 11-14-2019, 06:37 AM
1522steelshooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Weather and other issues have me behind on my shooting this month. I hope to shoot my fourth target with my Ultra Lux this morning. I will post before the end of the month.

Dan
Old 11-14-2019, 06:39 AM
cznut

TPC Rating: 
100% (104)
Good shooting, a scoring plug is your friend here, I am going to try and shoot a target if the weather shapes up and bit and I shape up a bit, little under the weather myself right now.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:26 AM
1522steelshooter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I tried one of the printable practice targets to warm up the barrel. After 10 or 15 rds my fingers were so stiff I was having trouble loading the mag. I gave up and came back inside. I need to dig out some hand warmers so I can warm my hands after each five shot row. I know for some of you 41f and 10mph wind is a nice day but the older I get the less I can tolerate cold.

Dan