18-19 January 2020 in Bald Knob, AR - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-19-2020, 06:31 PM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
18-19 January 2020 in Bald Knob, AR

I just got home from an excellent shoot in Bald Knob, Arkansas! I can say there was a good time had by all, much information on 19 April 1775 was bestowed upon us by the instructors as well as instruction on marksmanship!

I saw some good scores shot on AQT's, with scores in the 240's by two Red Hats and one ol' worn out volunteer(me). Other scores of 230's, 220's and the teens were commonplace by other Riflemen!

I'm glad to see instructors, who can talk the talk and walk the walk, excellent!

I'm not sure how many first time Appleseeders, achieved Rifleman status, but I believe there were a few.

I'm looking forward to the next shoot in Hot Springs in April!
Old 01-20-2020, 10:47 PM
MilSurplus
US Army Veteran Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
MacG,

I just read the AAR. 2-40-9!!! Impressive. No doubt something to behold for all there.

I am sure there is a story behind every 249 just the same as every 250 (for which you already have the tab). So, are you willing to share the story behind this week’s high score in Bald Knob? I’m sure it’s a fantastic case study for us aspirants.
Old 01-21-2020, 12:18 AM
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilSurplus View Post
MacG,

I just read the AAR. 2-40-9!!! Impressive. No doubt something to behold for all there.

I am sure there is a story behind every 249 just the same as every 250 (for which you already have the tab). So, are you willing to share the story behind this weekís high score in Bald Knob? Iím sure itís a fantastic case study for us aspirants.
Thank you for your kind words! I can't say there is much of a story to be told, other than the fact that I practice a lot! I shot five AQT's during the weekend...244, 246, 246, 249 and the last a 241 on a Rapid Fire AQT, I kind of got off my usual pace on that one!

My practice, usually entails shooting AQT's on my home range, I will shoot two to three per week leading up to an event. I just work on my fundamentals and I shoot a good rifle and ammunition.

Because of all of this practice, my average has been well into the 240's for at least three years. Nothing special, just a lot of work, but a lot of enjoyment!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2020, 09:04 PM
PisgahProject
GOA Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Congratulations on a job very well done!! Still impressive. Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading from others about what went well or didn't. For my own goals I hope for my 2nd Appleseed to be able to find the focus and this rhythm to become familiar and not a just a constant frantic struggle.
Old 01-21-2020, 09:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PisgahProject View Post
Congratulations on a job very well done!! Still impressive. Thanks for posting, I always enjoy reading from others about what went well or didn't. For my own goals I hope for my 2nd Appleseed to be able to find the focus and this rhythm to become familiar and not a just a constant frantic struggle.
Thank you, very nice of you. I know from one of your previous posts, that you have scored a 240 at your first Appleseed and received the Distinguished tab, this tells me, you have got your fundamentals down very well.

I would encourage you to continue to practice, use your fundamentals and don't rush your shots, just concentrate on hitting the 5 ring, so what if you don't get all your rounds off, you'll still have a nice score. Speed and economy of motion will come, then you will be scoring many 240's, even 250.

For me, the best practice has been shooting lots of AQT's!