TIKKA 1X MTR....Meh - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2019, 10:10 PM
rrogers's Avatar
rrogers
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2019
Location: 
N TX
Posts: 
25
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
TIKKA 1X MTR....Meh



Log in to see fewer ads
I've spent a decent amount of time with my new T1X MTR and so far I'm mildly impressed. It shoots most ammo as good or slightly better than my 10/22 with a 16.5" barrel. The stock is cheesy plastic, plastic trigger guard and you have to buy a scope rail mount for $40 for mounting a good optic. Extra mags are ridiculously priced if you can find one. If you plan to do any precision target shooting or other competitive shooting you'll have to buy an aftermarket comb adjustment for a decent cheek weld. Length of pull is fairly short for a grown man and that'll cost you another $50 to fix. The trigger is nice though and I adjusted mine to just less than 1lbs. Of course if you're just gonna throw this in a chassis you're good to go.
I have a CZ457 Varmint w/a 20" barrel that'll be here tomorrow with a nice wooden stock and excellent trigger. I'll let you know how they compare and I'll sell the loser.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-09-2019, 12:36 AM
Shooter92

Join Date: 
Dec 2018
Posts: 
112
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Go ahead and sell the tikka so that someone who appreciates at fine rifle can own it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 PM
trackskid

Join Date: 
May 2012
Posts: 
38
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
6934ECF5-1648-44EE-B26E-D56ACB6418B5.jpg
Yeah...at 100yrds they shoot like poo...after 30lbs of torque on action screws and finding an ammo they like...stock isn’t too bad if you factor in the trigger unit is the same as on center fire, the receiver is super beefy and if you use Burris Signature rings the dovetail groves work like a boss...mine shoots almost as well as 1712 but a small fraction of the cost and don’t even talk about magazine costs- I have a T-Bolt and that Anschutz, both are stupid for .22lr magazines

Last edited by trackskid; 08-09-2019 at 12:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4  
Old 08-09-2019, 04:03 PM
SLS's Avatar
SLS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2016
Location: 
between Incognito and Incommunicado
Posts: 
260
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
You’ll love the CZ 457 Varmint. Post your results with it on the CZ forum. My Varmint trigger breaks at just over 10 oz.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Beetroot

Join Date: 
Sep 2011
Location: 
New Zealand
Posts: 
86
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Ive never understood the complaints about the Tikka stock, sure if you don't like synthetic stocks then it's not for you, but compared to every other factory synthetic stock on the market they are fantastic.

Admittedly the LOP is an issue on the T1x I was pretty disappointed with that, but the modularity of the stock is a great feature.

The lack of a rail and need to add a cheek riser is no different than 99% of rifles on the market.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2019, 06:20 PM
Tomiboy

Join Date: 
Sep 2018
Posts: 
84
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Looking forward to a comparison
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2019, 07:05 PM
MarkS
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jul 2015
Location: 
SW VA
Posts: 
302
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogers View Post
I've spent a decent amount of time with my new T1X MTR and so far I'm mildly impressed. It shoots most ammo as good or slightly better than my 10/22 with a 16.5" barrel. The stock is cheesy plastic, plastic trigger guard and you have to buy a scope rail mount for $40 for mounting a good optic. Extra mags are ridiculously priced if you can find one. If you plan to do any precision target shooting or other competitive shooting you'll have to buy an aftermarket comb adjustment for a decent cheek weld. Length of pull is fairly short for a grown man and that'll cost you another $50 to fix. The trigger is nice though and I adjusted mine to just less than 1lbs. Of course if you're just gonna throw this in a chassis you're good to go.
I have a CZ457 Varmint w/a 20" barrel that'll be here tomorrow with a nice wooden stock and excellent trigger. I'll let you know how they compare and I'll sell the loser.
I am not sure why guys slam this stock, it is the best "plastic stock out there". I put the same rail as on my CZ. you don't have to get a rail, but I prefer them. I paid the same price for my CZ 10 round mags. I got a T3X recoil pad for $20. Mine will out shoot my CZ Varmint, that shoots very good.
Mark
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-14-2019, 09:52 AM
ohlongarm

Join Date: 
Apr 2012
Posts: 
1,296
TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
I am not sure why guys slam this stock, it is the best "plastic stock out there". I put the same rail as on my CZ. you don't have to get a rail, but I prefer them. I paid the same price for my CZ 10 round mags. I got a T3X recoil pad for $20. Mine will out shoot my CZ Varmint, that shoots very good.
Mark
You knew it had a plastic stock when you bought it!This is a hunters rifle and a fine one at that,out shoots my CZ's just barely,trigger is right at 2lbs perfect.I run a Weaver Grand Slam 4X16X44 Varmint EBX,absolutely deadly accurate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-24-2019, 10:09 PM
Joemiami

Join Date: 
Sep 2015
Posts: 
52
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Not to mention all the FTF and all the FTE issues that Beretta claims are do to the magazines... ummmmm guess we’ll find out soon enough.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-25-2019, 09:11 AM
justinp61
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2012
Location: 
W.KY Go Cards & Wildcats
Posts: 
580
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrogers View Post
I've spent a decent amount of time with my new T1X MTR and so far I'm mildly impressed. It shoots most ammo as good or slightly better than my 10/22 with a 16.5" barrel. The stock is cheesy plastic, plastic trigger guard and you have to buy a scope rail mount for $40 for mounting a good optic. Extra mags are ridiculously priced if you can find one. If you plan to do any precision target shooting or other competitive shooting you'll have to buy an aftermarket comb adjustment for a decent cheek weld. Length of pull is fairly short for a grown man and that'll cost you another $50 to fix. The trigger is nice though and I adjusted mine to just less than 1lbs. Of course if you're just gonna throw this in a chassis you're good to go.
I have a CZ457 Varmint w/a 20" barrel that'll be here tomorrow with a nice wooden stock and excellent trigger. I'll let you know how they compare and I'll sell the loser.
That's odd, I didn't have to buy a rail to mount a scope on my T1X. Just used the 11mm rail and haven't had any issues with the scope moving. It's not like it recoils heavy.

As for the length of pull being short, yes it is but as mentioned for $20 it's easily fixed.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/t3x...pad/s54065174/

My suggestion to people who don't like or can't live with plastic stocks and trigger guards is to buy something else to start with. You'll be happier in the long run.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-27-2019, 08:56 PM
JackHart

Join Date: 
Oct 2019
Posts: 
2
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I own a T1X and a 457 Varmint and have put 100's of rounds through both rifles. While the T1X may have a few shortcomings, my T1X is a more accurate rifle than my CZ, and that's what really counts.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-27-2019, 09:14 PM
john the plinker
US Army Veteran

Join Date: 
Jul 2006
Location: 
Perry Co., IN
Posts: 
225
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinp61 View Post
That's odd, I didn't have to buy a rail to mount a scope on my T1X. Just used the 11mm rail and haven't had any issues with the scope moving. It's not like it recoils heavy.

As for the length of pull being short, yes it is but as mentioned for $20 it's easily fixed.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/t3x...pad/s54065174/

My suggestion to people who don't like or can't live with plastic stocks and trigger guards is to buy something else to start with. You'll be happier in the long run.
This right here. As much as I like a nice piece of wood, almost all my main shooters are plastic stocked. From a strictly practical standpoint, synthetics blow wood out of the water. It's nice to be able to take a rifle out in any weather, 10% or 90% humidity, 10f or 90f, pouring rain, near whiteout snow,or blazing sun, and know it will shoot to the same POA as it did the last time. I've worked with wood from a wee lad, and I don't care how well its sealed and finished, eventually it will shrink, swell, and/or warp.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-26-2019, 04:52 PM
BallisticianX
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Apr 2019
Location: 
Upstate NY
Posts: 
12
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Im quite happy with my T1x in .22, other than the length of pull being short but that is easily remedied. Regarding the comparison to a 457 varmint, got one of those too. Originally my 457 varmint was a 17 hmr and shot absolutely horrible with any ammo even after bedding it. So I re-barreled it with a .22 heavy CZ factory barrel, re-bedded it, and set correct headspace. Was not impressed with that either. So I ended up putting a Lilja barrel on it in 17 HMR as I originally wanted and now it shoots 5/8"-3/4" at 100. So when it came time for a modest priced .22 I chose Tikka over CZ based on my previous experience.
Without spending $$ on mods for the T1x I just threw some cheap rings and scope on it and turned action screw torque to 20 in/lbs for a starting point. It posted multiple .250" 5 shot groups at 50 with Tenex in 20 degree weather. Im sure when I get some mods for it and actually tweak it (without numb finger as well) I can potentially do better. Tikka over CZ for me!

Last edited by BallisticianX; 12-26-2019 at 04:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-26-2019, 06:04 PM
fourbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2014
Location: 
NewEngland,USA
Posts: 
4,638
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by john the plinker View Post
This right here. As much as I like a nice piece of wood, almost all my main shooters are plastic stocked. From a strictly practical standpoint, synthetics blow wood out of the water. It's nice to be able to take a rifle out in any weather, 10% or 90% humidity, 10f or 90f, pouring rain, near whiteout snow,or blazing sun, and know it will shoot to the same POA as it did the last time. I've worked with wood from a wee lad, and I don't care how well its sealed and finished, eventually it will shrink, swell, and/or warp.
1. When I see a plastic stock and blue steel I image a gun built to the lowest cost.

2. When I see walnut and blue steel (all steel) I think classic or traditional.

3. When I see stainless and plastic I see an all weather hunting rifle.

Number 3 is a gun I take out in any weather and put it away when I come home. The other two may need action removed from the stock for a good wipe down. I see little advantage in 1/2 way measure. No1 is cost driven. not performance. This is the problem I have with my Ruger American. Same material combination. Ruger (or its fans) makes no bones about building a gun that can put price pressure on the competition. People were buying 3 or 4 at a time! I get a pain in fanie when the fanboys turn a cost saving cheap feature into a talking point.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-30-2019, 08:33 PM
carbonbased
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
May 2018
Posts: 
64
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have to agree with fourbore’s last post. If the gun wears a plastic stock, it better have a stainless barrel, at least. Better if the receiver is stainless too. I’ve hunted in the rain and I would prefer not to deal with oil and rust.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tikka 1X MTR .22LR bowwild Sako/Tikka 6 02-18-2019 07:04 PM
Are these the same gun? Tikka T1X and T1X MTR jackkade Sako/Tikka 3 01-30-2019 12:58 PM
Extra Magazine for Tikka t1x MTR Bazookabird Sako/Tikka 3 12-19-2018 01:15 PM
Ozzie Reviews - Tikka T1x MTR - Full Review! OzzieReviews Misc -- Other Rimfire Rifle Brands 5 09-17-2018 02:54 PM
T1x MTR Tikka rifle .22 gr8guns Sako/Tikka 2 03-28-2018 03:10 PM



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:16 AM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x