Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:37 PM
longgunnm
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Ruger 1022 or Crosman 1077

Have a question concerning these semi automatic rifles.
Videos show firing the Crosman 1077 as quickly as the trigger is pulled.
Not that I would do that consistently, but won"t the Umarex/Ruger 1022 also fire quick as the trigger is pulled as in semi automatic fashion?
I have held the 1022 and it is notably butt heavy and have read about the CO2 leaking concerns.
Is the black part of the magazine available? I know the red magazine is available.
Anyone have both?
Thanks for your help,
longgunnm
Old 12-14-2019, 06:34 AM
Captain Hobo

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have had my eye on the Umarex 10/22 for a long time. There are some excellent Youtube videos, do a search and look around.

You can shoot this by just pulling the trigger each time, but the trigger pull is hefty since you are cocking the internal hammer. If you cock it with the lever, the trigger pull goes way down. There is a video showing this and the guy has a trigger pull gauge. I think it was 12 pounds with just pulling trigger and 5 pounds with cocking with the lever.

I posted here a while back about this gun. Hardly any response or interest. With all the info about the real 10/22's, I thought people would be all over this. Yeah, I know it's not perfect, but it's 100 bucks. It's a back yard plinker.

OK, I am editing my post. After further reading, I am looking at the Crosman 1077. It's been around longer and proven design.

Last edited by Captain Hobo; 12-14-2019 at 07:04 AM.
Old 12-14-2019, 09:45 AM
longgunnm

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks for your reply. We had a Crosman 1077 when my son was younger and quit shooting it. You won"t believe we can"t find it now!
Really like the idea Ruger paired with Umarex to make the 10/22 but it sure appears the Crosman has a "better" trigger pull.
After all, we buy semi automatic for a reason right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2019, 12:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
I have owned both. As noted in another thread, I had 2 Ruger 10/22 versions and sent them both back because they leaked gas. Otherwise, the Ruger has a very hefty high quality feel, nice weight and balance and takes 10/22 scope mounts. The single action trigger pull is OK, but the double action pull is heavy. I am hoping that Umarex will address the gas leak problem.
I have owned a Crosman 1077 for over 15 years and it continues to function with no problems...have not even replaced a seal yet. It will hold gas for over a month with no issues. Spare parts, clips and magazine units are available for it. It does not have a single action trigger pull option, but the double action trigger will stage very nicely, and is accurate for a repeater. With 5.7grain lead free pellets the velocity is high enough to dispatch a gray squirrel. The plastic stock is a little light in weight and some owners have added sand or lead shot to the hollow stock. If I had to get another one, I would opt for the wood stock version.