Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-24-2020, 12:42 PM
wafermonkey1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beretta Olimpia Standard Barrel Disassembly

Dear Fellow Members-Are there any tips, warnings or complete disassembly videos on the Olimpia .22 standard barrel rifle? Would not ask, but mine needs a thorough cleaning and rust removal. I discovered that a ball detente for the safety is easily lost and am wondering if there are any tips on how NOT to lose it. I already have removed the bolt assembly and receiver cover, but am concerned about how to remove the action screws and action w/o losing any parts. I have searched all over the 'net, looked in my Gun Parts Corp catalog and asked another collector. Will be using the Frontier .45 wool pad to remove the rust and leave the bluing. My gun has a great bore and crown, just some spot rust and storage oil that needs to be removed. Lastly, do people recommend a light oil for the bolt assembly as opposed to Lubriplate? This is a soap based lithium grease that I use on my centerfires. Thanx again for any detailed input, as I'd like to do this properly. Wafermonkey1
Old 05-25-2020, 07:51 PM
DBillings

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Disassembly

I recently (last week) received my new heavy barrel. The two rifles dissemble the same way. I searched google and came up with this site that completely tells you how to do it.WARNING read the entire article first before beginning take down.
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+B.....-a0592786791
Good luck Dennis
Old 05-25-2020, 09:01 PM
wafermonkey1
US Navy Veteran

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Dear Sir-Thank you for the link. Thanx to Eric at Lakeside Machine, I received some good information that really helped. Honestly, I am disappointed at the level of rust on this gun, even though it was hand select best of 10. After having my C&R for over 15 years, I could tell that this poor rifle was rode hard and put up wet. Work about 8 hours straight removing what surface rust I could. The rifle really needs a complete disassembly, but I simply don't have the time nor desire to go to that level. The bore is very clean and the crown is pristine, thank God!-Wafermonkey1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement