Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-08-2019, 01:12 AM
Stevespeed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
CST Receiver in Titan Stock

I'm finding a CST receiver Titan stock combo leaves a 1/16" gap at the rear of the receiver. Is there another quality receiver that mates up better or is this normal?
Old 12-08-2019, 08:16 AM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
My CST receiver leaves the same gap in a Titan stock so you're not alone. I had a factory receiver in one for a few years and it fit great. I believe Kidd receivers fit good. Tactical Innovations stainless steel receivers fit good to.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:45 AM
Stevespeed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2019, 11:49 AM
Nick7274
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
I had a pretty good gap in my Titan stock with a Feddersen receiver. You could always bed the stock to fill them in.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Choose an O-ring, cut it, then glue it so that it looks like an inverted U with square corners.

Use cement glue (Gorilla) lieu of KRAZY Glue so that it would not go crusty white.

Black adhesive felts would work well too, or rubber pads.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Rick67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bedding is fine but it looks ugly when visible and not hidden.

Never could swallow the look of a KIDD tanged receiver attached to a Magpul stock.

I think the tang attachment with the crude Magpul cut-out looks horrendous.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:38 PM
Stevespeed

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replies. Considering a 1/16" aluminum filler plate attached to back of receiver with a couple small flat head capscrews. Besides the visual, biggest reason is to give better / closer purchase for the Titan Spike.
With how popular the stock is, and how easy cnc programming is to make dimensional changes, it would be really cool if receiver manufacturers would offer optional "Titan fit" receivers with the extra 1/16" left on the tail end. Also have receiver manufacturers call out their receiver barrel tenon bore diameters, and barrel manufacturers call out tenon diameters to ease fitment issues. I realize there is still tolerance stack up. Just dreaming....
Old 12-08-2019, 02:09 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
There's lots of popular stocks out there for the 10/22. No company is going to make receivers to fit just a Titan. It is more likely that your Titan stock is a little out of spec opposed to your receiver. My first Titan stock had really large gaps on the sides of the receiver (1/4"+). I sent it back to Victor Co. and he sent me a new one that ended up fitting much tighter.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:27 PM
stogeyman

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Go to the bottom of the page, to FAQ's. They mention stock gap.

https://victorcompanyusa.com/titan-1022-stock
Old 12-11-2019, 10:23 PM
Michael Victor
RFC Sponsor
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

RFC Sponsor
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7274 View Post
There's lots of popular stocks out there for the 10/22. No company is going to make receivers to fit just a Titan. It is more likely that your Titan stock is a little out of spec opposed to your receiver. My first Titan stock had really large gaps on the sides of the receiver (1/4"+). I sent it back to Victor Co. and he sent me a new one that ended up fitting much tighter.
His stock is not out of spec- all 10/22 stocks need to have some sort of gap at the rear to accommodate the draft on the rear of the Ruger receivers. This gives the appearance of a wider gap but the bottom of the receiver will be almost touching the rear anchor. There are many other 1022 makers and they all have their own distinct tolerances. Our stocks don't vary that much in tolerances, they are checked a minimum of two times (often 3) for fitment before we send them out. I remember you sending yours back Nic but it def did not have a 1/4" of play along the sides of the receiver.

TITAN 1022 Upgrade now!
Old 12-12-2019, 04:50 PM
Nick7274

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
You are correct. I had a receiver that was out of spec. I was just pointing out that there are varying tolerances in the stocks as well (which is the case with all stocks). The new stock that you had sent me (which I appreciate) fit much bet than the first one I had. Nothing against the Titan, I love mine.