Help me decide on a stock; Magpul X-22, Titan 1022, At-One - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-29-2017, 03:54 PM
War_Machine
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Help me decide on a stock; Magpul X-22, Titan 1022, At-One

I am having a hell of a time deciding on a stock. I am currently trying to decide between the Magpul X-22, Titan 1022, and the Boyds At-One stock.

The Magpul is the lightest, the cheapest ($110 at some places), and has the most range of LOP adjustments, though those adjustments require tools. If I want to add a bipod or QD sling mounts to the gun now it's less cheap because each one of those add-ons is $15-20 a piece.

The Titan has all the sling inserts built in, it's supposedly the most rigid and it has the aluminum bedding block but the LOP is not adjustable at all, I can add a cheek riser but I can't get them in FDE which is the color stock I want (I know it's a minor thing but it's a factor) and it is heavier than the Magpul and I think maybe even the Boyds and also the most expensive assuming you want cheek risers.

The Boyds At-One has easily adjustable riser and LOP. It comes in cool weird colors but the plastic add on bits that let you change the grip angles all look cheap. It's also as heavy as the Titan and it's either more expensive or the same price as the Titan depending on whether I want/need cheek risers for the Titan.

There's no clear winner here. If you have one of the 3 I am looking for your input here on this in terms of things you love/hate about your stock.

Is there something else I should look at here for another stock?
Old 09-29-2017, 06:19 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67

I try to be a person of few words and prefer general conversations with out getting caught up in the nity gritty of specifics.

Her ya go

And

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rif...tition-stocks/

I donít think you really gave a specific purpose or type stock you are looking for.

Manners and McMillan will cover all your wants and needs.
"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 09-29-2017, 07:10 PM
War_Machine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 View Post
I try to be a person of few words and prefer general conversations with out getting caught up in the nity gritty of specifics.

Her ya go

And

https://mcmillanusa.com/mcmillan-rif...tition-stocks/

I donít think you really gave a specific purpose or type stock you are looking for.

Manners and McMillan will cover all your wants and needs.
"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
No idea what that first stock is but a link would be more helpful than a pic.

That McMillan website is horrible to navigate. I can't find anything about them making stocks for 10/22s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 07:56 PM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

The pic is Bell & Carlson
McMillan makes 10/22 stocks

Old 09-29-2017, 08:42 PM
72coupe
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
No consideration of the Archangel Precision stock? You can get one for around 100 dollars, it is very adjustable, the grip angle is comfortable and I like the one I have very much.

I shoot in the RFC offhand matches and went from shooting 460 to shooting 470 with just the change of the stock.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:59 PM
KassperT

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Here's a link just to try to help some. For those that are easily excited- I suggest you do not look at the price.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:01 PM
War_Machine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
To answer some questions from before the purpose of the rifle is target shooting at a range as a bit of a long distance trainer. I only have access to a max of 200 yards and I thought I'd push 22 rather than bother with a 308 for now. So

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72coupe View Post
No consideration of the Archangel Precision stock? You can get one for around 100 dollars, it is very adjustable, the grip angle is comfortable and I like the one I have very much.

I shoot in the RFC offhand matches and went from shooting 460 to shooting 470 with just the change of the stock.
Never heard of it... after some googling it's made by Pro-Mag? I'm not sure that bodes well for the quality. What stock were you using before?

Last edited by War_Machine; 09-29-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old 09-29-2017, 10:03 PM
War_Machine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KassperT View Post
Here's a link just to try to help some. For those that are easily excited- I suggest you do not look at the price.
That price mixed with that rating on Brownells is a big old no go. For that price it should be amazing not 1.5 out of 5 stars.
Old 09-30-2017, 11:44 PM
War_Machine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
So I just realized that not only is the Titan LOP not adjustable the only way you can use their stackable cheek rest thing is to drill into the stock... that's a huge turn off.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:37 AM
PEASHOOTER67

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Boyds at one stock

I checked and they make them for the 10/22 platform.

I think the Bell&Carlson fits all your wants the best.

Last edited by PEASHOOTER67; 10-01-2017 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-01-2017, 01:57 AM
azguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (18)
Just wanted to interject something here about "value". I just finished the mill work
On a McMillan stock. I found the inlet to be less then precise. For instance, the receiver will be a Kidd unto. That means a 1.250 receiver width. This stock has an inlet width of 1.286. Which is looser then what you get from Boyd's. The inlet length is such that the receiver can move back and forth about an eighth of an inch. So price doesn't always insure that you will get the. Eat inlet, trust me. Now I can fix this up and it'll be a great shooting platform, rock solid with rear tang, bedding and all. Also there is no receiver "hump" on the stock. They simply cut the inlet deeper and also made the side height of the stock greater. So yeah, money doesn't guarantee a superior product. Just sayin.......
Old 10-01-2017, 06:41 PM
War_Machine

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've decided to go with the Magpul stock. I like the look, I saw one in person and I liked the feel. It might not be as accurate as some of the other options but it can't be any worse than the factory stock and it's the cheapest option I'm looking at... if money can't guarantee a good fit why bother with the more expensive stock?
Old 10-01-2017, 07:00 PM
supersharp

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love the Magpul x22 .The Titan did not work out for me .With the Titan I had a lot of barrel flex and cant .When I put the same set up on the X 22 it was straight as an arrow in the barrel channel and nice and tight. I tried two different Titans and they didn't work out for me. I think either stock is equal it's just a matter of which one will work out for you.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:22 AM
Liver

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Why Magpul? If itís price, then Hogue is cheaper.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:35 AM
crackedcornish

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersharp View Post
I love the Magpul x22 .The Titan did not work out for me .With the Titan I had a lot of barrel flex and cant .When I put the same set up on the X 22 it was straight as an arrow in the barrel channel and nice and tight. I tried two different Titans and they didn't work out for me. I think either stock is equal it's just a matter of which one will work out for you.

the Titan is a lot stiffer than the magpul will ever be.. just ask magpul, they'll tell you that their stock, is not a precision stock at all

and I doubt it was the Titan stocks barrel channel that was off...if you're using a Ruger receiver, they've had known barrel cant issues for decades