Academy shipping department - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-28-2016, 11:31 PM
Wahoo57
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)

BamaInArk, I placed an internet order. Saildesign and LRB, you were right on the money with the two-locations shipping. I checked the two boxes, one came from Jeffersonville, Ga. and the other from Tulsa. Oklahoma.

My interest in Gibbons came from getting hooked on the writings of Churchill, especially his stories of the wars in India and Egypt, then his escapades in the Boer War. He gave credit to Gibbons for his writing style so I had to read Gibbons to see what he meant. It helps to have been a history major in college.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:34 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wahoo57 View Post
BamaInArk, I placed an internet order. Saildesign and LRB, you were right on the money with the two-locations shipping. I checked the two boxes, one came from Jeffersonville, Ga. and the other from Tulsa. Oklahoma.

My interest in Gibbons came from getting hooked on the writings of Churchill, especially his stories of the wars in India and Egypt, then his escapades in the Boer War. He gave credit to Gibbons for his writing style so I had to read Gibbons to see what he meant. It helps to have been a history major in college.

Gibbons was alright, but I found him heavy going. That's what made me read all of Shaw's stuff. Much lighter...

Old 12-30-2016, 03:43 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Question

Quote:
I don't think Academy's shipping department is wrapped too tightly.
You're not wrong there my friend: awhile back they had a sale on some plastic storage crates [Remington brand, Amazon priced @ ~$40ea; Academy was close to 1/2 that] that came in lots of 4 [I forget where I picked up that bit of info.] So, in order to save Academy bother, I ordered 4 instead of 3; I didn't think I'd need the extra, but at the price it was easy to go for a bonus crate.

They shipped 1, in a cut down box. A few days later, 3 more showed up in the original factory 4pk box stuffed with a copious supply of filler to make up for the missing crate they'd pulled out of the 4pk before shipment.

Now, since they legally have 4wks to ship or contact me to explain the delay & ask if I want to continue waiting, why rush to send me 2 shipments [& lose money on doing so: my costs remained unchanged] instead of just waiting a couple of days to send me the 4pk?

You've got to applaud Academy going the extra mile to get your order out soonest, but I'd rather they just be more sensible about everything & fulfill ammo sales to those parts of CA where it's still legal. [They can cut us off after next year, when the statewide ban goes into effect & we all start driving to neighboring states to shoot & buy ammo!]
Old 01-02-2017, 09:02 AM
mrtwohands

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I have ordered ammo a lot from them. Most come well packaged but I've had a few where the bulk boxes of auto Match were busted and ammo was rattling around inside the shipping box. Not a huge deal but could cause someone to loose ammo.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:37 PM
Wahoo57
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Saildesign, if you would like a good experience with a Charles Dickens - based film get a copy of "A Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott but be sure to get the VHS version, the DVD version has been chopped to pieces. There are a lot of versions of "A Christmas Carol" on film but the Scott version is superlative. It is a situation where there is the Scott version and then all the rest. Speaking of "A Christmas Carol", an original copy of that work was lost when the Lusitania was sunk. It was being carried by a Boston book dealer to a book dealer in England as related in the book "Dead Wake". No telling what that book would be worth today.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:13 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Saildesign, if you would like a good experience with a Charles Dickens - based film get a copy of "A Christmas Carol" starring George C. Scott but be sure to get the VHS version, the DVD version has been chopped to pieces. There are a lot of versions of "A Christmas Carol" on film but the Scott version is superlative. It is a situation where there is the Scott version and then all the rest. Speaking of "A Christmas Carol", an original copy of that work was lost when the Lusitania was sunk. It was being carried by a Boston book dealer to a book dealer in England as related in the book "Dead Wake". No telling what that book would be worth today.
Sadly, or not, my wife had a copy of that long ago, and I still could not get on with it. I have come to accept that Dickens and I are not destined to like each other, and am fine with that.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:33 AM
Popeye1959
US Navy Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
I don't think Academy's shipping department is wrapped too tightly. but maybe it is just temporary holiday help.
I don't think it's just the holiday help. Last year I ordered three 50cal ammo cans from them and they arrived in a VERY large cardboard box. The box must've measured 24x18x18 and had ONE piece of brown paper, about 3'x5' crumpled in it. Needless to say the boxes were not held in place by the paper and arrived pretty banged up. They did ship 3 new boxes (much more carefully packed) and a return label to send back the damaged ones though.

As an Illinois resident, they won't ship ammo to me either. I've communicated with them through emails and explained the laws here and which communities have what ordinances about ammo shipment and they still won't ship to Illinois.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:11 AM
isolod

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I'm probably going to order from other sellers. I placed an order for 500 rounds of 9mm Blazer Brass, it came in a large shipping box with no packing, 1 fifty round box opened inside the shipping box and emptied all inside. When I collected the ammo I was missing 2 rounds. Their response was to return the ammo. It wasn't worth my time, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I probably won't deal with them again.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk