Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2019, 05:12 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
VXR, I has another on the RFC EBR AR.
Have two VXR's myself and two VX 6's. Good stuff.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:23 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by M92pv4u View Post
Frank mentioned his sump pump running so last week our wash rack / low end of the equpment yard was flooded gfi for the sump pump was tripped. The week before I removed a rock that was jamming the Impeller. It bent the shaft and broke the mechanical shaft seal allowing water in the housing. I tried heating the shaft to straighten it and that got it close then used a press to finish straightening it. Attachment 199793Attachment 199795
Here are some pictures of the rotor I finished assembling , testing and reinstalled it today.

The photos made me smile thanks! I recognized the crankshaft distortions gauge. I have my great grandfathers Sterett gauge in the box with instructions. He was a WWI vet (I also have his Smith 1917 45ACP. He got off the ship in New York at the end of the war and went home to Kansas) he used the gauge during WWII as a civilian diesel mechanic at Ft Riley.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:40 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Straightening bent things is an art. Bending the bend until it yields and sets takes a bit of skill.

If I can chuck the item up in a lathe and use the cross feed to incrementally push just a bit more after finding the max out of round position I get it close. Where to chuck it plays a part in this.

The only thing gun related I've straightened was an acquaintances .410 shotgun. He hid it under the cushions of his sofa when he was away for a while. Sadly, he planted his posterior on it when he returned and put a bend in it. It took a couple tries before he was happy with it. I won't say it was straight but the shot came out pointed in the correct direction.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:42 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Szumi so he exceeded the weight limit of the gun¿

Sent from my QTASUN1 using Tapatalk
Old 12-14-2019, 05:47 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New restaurant and another martini. Wife didn’t want to eat at Cheesecake.
Old 12-14-2019, 05:55 PM
Szumi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Apparently so. I suspect a 12 ga is sturdier.

Are you trying to get a pharmacy position in a big box store?

Old 12-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Szumi

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlong View Post
New restaurant and another martini. Wife didn’t want to eat at Cheesecake.
When I read another Martini I'm thinking a rifle. I hope you are ubering home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post

Old 12-14-2019, 06:02 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post

Not sure what I want at this point. Think I am going to wait for the first of the year. The job interviewed for was definitely a no. The pay was good. But would of been like a car production line eight hours in one place doing the same thing over and over again. Also a no talk zone. So would be worse than work at home.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:06 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
When I read another Martini I'm thinking a rifle. I hope you are ubering home.

?
was just picturing Dlong requesting and Uber and a guy gets up from the bar and says would ordered the Uber I am your driver let me finish my beer.

Old 12-14-2019, 06:32 PM
aztarget

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD1 View Post
Well bucko, you would be paid to work, not to socialize.
I need human interaction or my depression gets bad.

Old 12-14-2019, 07:16 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Home. Sun came out and then came the wind. That pushed the clouds in and it turned colder again. 8,500 steps in the woods. Went to every feeder [5] and put corn down every shooting lane. Gang will have fun tonight and tomorrow eating the corn. Changed all the SD cards. Will look at them later. Got to run to Wake Forest Wal-Mart for Daughter's Brother sewing machine. Tired. Dogs fed and peed.

Later.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:19 PM
dlong
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Home. Wife drove. Great sales. All done.
Old 12-14-2019, 07:37 PM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
First the State of Louisiana's computers were hacked, Now the City of New Orleans has had their computers hacked too.

The Sewage and Water Board allowed a turbine that we just paid tens of millions of dollars to repair; explode Now I'm under a boil water advisory.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 12-14-2019, 08:00 PM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Went to a shopping district about an hours drive away yesterday afternoon with a wimmins friend. First order of the day was a late lunch, then on to shopping. Purpose of going to this area was a specialty kitchen store that I've enjoyed in the past. Unfortunately the store had changed hands and no longer carried quality name brand products and great kitchen gadgets, but cheap flea market and poor quality import knockoffs along with discontinued surplus. Store is also going out of business also. I was disappointed in what I found compared to what it hand been.

Did discover a very large Ace hardware store that I was impressed with. They had a large variety of Yeti products. They had a piece of equipment and a service that I had not seen before. They had a self contained laser engraving device that was about the size of a large microwave. It was set up for engraving Yeti mugs, tumblers, and such. Not sure if this was in conjunction with Yeti or an independent venture that was also capable of engraving other stuff. You put what ever to be engraved in a carrier inside the box, close the windowed door, make a few selections on the computer hooked to it and press go. It clicks and whirs, the carrier moves around, the laser comes on and a little smoke starts to curl off the lasered surface as an image appears.

They offered this service for $7.00 per each side of a Yeti tumbler or mug or whatever. I should have, but didn't, ask if this service was only for Yeti, or if they could do other products. They had quite a library of images available as well doing names and customer supplied images. Quite coincidentally the day before I received about a 20 oz Yeti mug with a very detailed image of a concrete truck.

Came back to home area, dropped wimmins friend off at her place with plans for her to come over for pizza and a TV movie. That's when a pleasant day took a turn. I stopped to get a pizza and she was waiting when I got home. Came in, brought in shopping stuff and pizza to serve up and settle in. She bought a bottle of wine with which is OK, though I don't drink. Problem was she consumed the entire bottle in less than 20 minutes during pizza. Then I was being instructed in the manner of which I should clean my house, store stuff in which cupboards, and rearrange furniture for Christmas tree placement, etc. while babbling on about lots of drama in her life. Too much to drink and drive so she slept on the couch and left about 7:00 a.m. Adios!!!!
Old 12-14-2019, 08:08 PM
mdew

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
First the State of Louisiana's computers were hacked, Now the City of New Orleans has had their computers hacked too.

The Sewage and Water Board allowed a turbine that we just paid tens of millions of dollars to repair; explode Now I'm under a boil water advisory.
Heard from friends in Pensacola that their cities systems also were hacked, never heard if they paid the ransom?
Closed Thread