BSA 12/15 - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-07-2019, 07:08 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)

BSA Martini's, Wonderful metallurgy, elegant design, superb craftsmanship from 'the old days', typically accurate and classy. Every bit the equal to Win. and Colt's and faarrr cheaper.
Whats not to like?

Last edited by gcrank1; 12-08-2019 at 09:42 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:01 AM
Sandy22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by John77 View Post
Iíve got a BRNO 12 gauge o/u model ZH101 Iím wondering if itís a good old gun or a cheap one I just got it and never seen this make .. it got a 20 gauge o/u if anyone knows about this gun let me know
Yes, it's a good old gun, not just a cheap one. Old world technology - Americans will regard it as "quirky".

Not sure you're in the right section, mind.
Old 12-08-2019, 05:03 AM
Sandy22
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmt77 View Post
I'm taking it to the indoor range tomorrow. The forend seems to semi free float like it should. The recessed crown looks good. It should be a nice shooter!
Recessed crown in that model won't be factory, but if it cures some old crown damage and makes it shoot better, happy days.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:56 AM
David Valdina
US Marines Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Barefoot Bay, Florida and Cape Cod, Massachusetts
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Martini 12/15 can be very accurate rifles.

I have had a number of Martini rifles, including some of the Mark models. They have all been good shooters. The only one I still own is a 12/15 which, if memory serves me, has shot at least one 200-20x score on the 50 yard A23/5 targets. They are easy to clean and maintain. I did have a gunsmith bed & free float the barrel as best possible and cut a recessed crown early on. And they will hold their value well.
Old 12-08-2019, 11:21 AM
tmt77

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy22 View Post
Recessed crown in that model won't be factory, but if it cures some old crown damage and makes it shoot better, happy days.
Thank you for the information. The crown was recessed a long time ago. Probably when it was used as a club rifle in England.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:27 PM
rapidfire10ring
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmt77 View Post
Forend picture
YES, not a factory hand-stop plate, but a later add-on. Remember, the Brits were using dual-point (2-point) slings long after other nations went to the now standard, single-point.
You can have that area routed out and install an Anschutz or Freeland rail there. Many have been done that way.
Old 12-08-2019, 04:39 PM
tmt77

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
Range update.

I Took it to the indoor range today. After getting the barrel seasoned, it was shooting nice tight groups. There is one problem that came to light while shooting. If i didn't seat the new shell completely into the chamber. The firing pin would strike the primer while I was putting the block into battery with the level. Im sure this isn't normal. The chamber is clean but seems very tight. Not sure if conventional ammunition is designed differently than the British ammo the chamber/lead/barrel was designed around. All groups shot at 50 feet standing with my left elbow on the table supporting the forend. It should be a sweet bench shooter!

Last edited by tmt77; 12-08-2019 at 04:58 PM.