Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-02-2019, 11:47 PM
Nolan

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbore View Post
I appreciate your participation, if you follow my posts you know I am consistent about quantifying results. I confess to being a little thin skinned about your reply perceiving you to have taken the trouble to discredit the only chronograph on the forum but not taking the time to read the provided experiment on the topic which was provided. My experience has been that the forum believes anecdotal evidence by the truckload, cliques perpetuate the myths and when someone comes along and actually does some testing or experimentation all of the sudden the forum has laboratory grade standards. I understand that we are here for fun, but that shouldn't dismiss facts or data.
You can rest easy knowing you're not the only chronograph owner on the forum. I have several, a PACT MKIV Timer/Chronograph, a ProChrono, and a Lab Radar. The Lab Radar has more or less retired the other two. It is just so much easier to set up and you would really have to work at shooting it, although I'm sure somebody will figure a way. I keep the ProChrono as a loaner and the MKIV mostly gets used as a shot timer for dry fire practice.

I love anecdotal stories, especially those involving maiden aunts, homemade brownies with little bits of green stuff in them, and go karts!

However for everything else, as a manufacturing engineer, I'll stick with hard data.

Nolan
Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 AM
Bigbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolan View Post
You can rest easy knowing you're not the only chronograph owner on the forum.

I love anecdotal stories, especially those involving maiden aunts, homemade brownies with little bits of green stuff in them, and go karts! However for everything else, as a manufacturing engineer, I'll stick with hard data.

Nolan
I'll take the opportunity to reiterate a couple of comments I've made in past posts.

My test and measuring equipment is mostly tier 2 which is usually approximately 100 X better than guessing.

If everybody would invest $40 in a HF digital caliper and Wheeler trigger pull gauge we would have a tsunami of data +/- 5% of their actual values compared to all the WAG's we currently have to suffer through.

Unrelated: LtCrunch and I are pretty much in complete agreement AFAIC.

Thanks for fessing up about the chronograph, I won't tell anybody.
Old 12-03-2019, 10:47 AM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
I have 2 chronographs, a cheap one that I share and a good one that I won't let others use. The cheap one has bent legs a lot of patch tape on the sky screens.

Looking at a 3rd for indoor use as my current models won't work under fluorescent lighting. The Youtube videos on it are pretty impressive. https://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/FX_Ra...ronograph/9078

I'm also invoking our group TEAL Rule on myself. (TEAL=The Evil Admin Lady.) Before I respond I listen to Sophia's voice in my head. "Are you helping or just causing trouble?" If the latter then delete and move on.

Like you said Bigbore, we're here for fun. If we're having fun and hopefully helping others we're doing it right.

Cheers,

Frank
Old 12-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Bigbore
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I just function tested my 10/22 mule upside down. Winchester bulk ammo, all stock except for GM standard taper barrel and torsion spring trigger mod., rested on a bag just in front of the ejection port. 6 rounds no jams.

Game on.

PS I almost forgot to mention that all of my first round fliers disappeared.

Last edited by Bigbore; 12-03-2019 at 06:12 PM.