Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:18 AM
bmwmc
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Form 1 Kits

Any experiences here? I have a suppressor now 6 months pending. To help pass the time I'm thinking of building a Form 1 rimfire kit. Who's done it?
Old 10-19-2019, 09:48 AM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I got my Form 1 back a last week and a kit from Quiet Bore arrived yesterday. Gotta finish the kit today. It's my first suppressor. Reviews for the Quiet Bore kit are pretty good. Quiet on a rifle but has a first round pop on a pistol but quietens down after that. I'll let you know how it does
Old 10-19-2019, 12:55 PM
bmwmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker View Post
I got my Form 1 back a last week and a kit from Quiet Bore arrived yesterday. Gotta finish the kit today. It's my first suppressor. Reviews for the Quiet Bore kit are pretty good. Quiet on a rifle but has a first round pop on a pistol but quietens down after that. I'll let you know how it does
Please do. That's the same one I'm looking at. I don't have any threaded .22 pistols, so chiefly interested in rifle performance. Did you get AL or TI baffles?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 12:14 AM
Hacker

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Got it finished up and test fired today. On my Brownell's build with Summit Precision barrel it was very quiet using the new CCI Quiet 22 Semi Auto. On my father in law's RPR using the same ammo it was virtually silent. I don't have a 22 pistol to try it on. There was a very big POI shift on both rifles with the can on though. I read that making the holes bigger than 9/32 might fix the POI shift so I might do that at some point instead of re-zeroing.

I ordered aluminum baffles but I think they sent titanium by mistake. I burnt up the bit that came with the drilling fixture (worth the extra money) after two baffles. Then burnt up a couple more bits on the remaining baffles. I drowned it in cutting fluid while drilling and it still ruined the bits.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:39 PM
bmwmc

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My Form 1 was approved and I converted a Quietbore .22 kit. I have never been around a suppressed rifle before, so I don't have any basis for comparison. But on a T1X I'm impressed. Have access to a bench top lathe so drilling was easy. Barely noticeable impact on the gun's handling, no POI shift. In a brief session accuracy seems similar.