STEYR MANNLICHER .22 INTHA'BOX - Page 3 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:52 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (236)

Truly a beautiful rifle, with classic elegant lines. You had the foresight and went the extra miles (literally) to have one, and even better, to keep it in pristine condition. I'm sure it's as enjoyable to hold and handle as it is to look at. They really do not make them like that anymore. Thank you for sharing!

Doug

Last edited by dbr65; 12-09-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-07-2018, 10:49 PM
minimouse

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WPWarhawk View Post
Big Steyr fan here, if I run across one of these itíll be mine.
I've seen one of these (same rifle, both shows) with DST at the last two Wanenmacher shows (Spring and Fall 2018) in Tulsa that I've attended. It might be worth a trip in the Spring....
Old 12-08-2018, 01:47 AM
M2HB
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
That is an awesome story by the OP. It reminds me of how I got my first Belgium SA-22.

Rifles don’t get much better than that Steyr.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:04 AM
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Beautiful....Love it....
Enjoy al
Old 12-15-2018, 11:42 AM
Savagenut

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Beautiful !!
Old 01-18-2019, 08:36 PM
Tailwheel

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Outstanding. Another gun to put on the list of wants. This forum as a whole is worse than a heroin addiction.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-28-2019, 05:09 PM
bowwild

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Beautiful rifle!

I have the Zephyr II and love it. If Steyr comes out with a full stock I will be all over it!
Old 08-06-2019, 12:56 PM
RCE1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I was just photographing a bunch of rifles that I inherited not so long ago. One of them was a cute little German Mannlicher-style .22. It turns out it's a Steyr Daimler Puch Zephyr with two magazines and what appears to be an original leather strap. No DST and no box but it's in basically mint condition. It took me a little while to figure out how to pull the magazine. I had the release button almost all the way screwed out when the magazine just dropped onto the floor. That's cool.

I am making a database of firearms in my care and try to include serial numbers. I'm not sure where to find it on this rifle unless it's stamped in two places: on the right side of the action and on the barrel, the two numbers close to each other and in alignment. If that's the case, then it's in the low 700's. I don't know how this rifle came to be in the family, but I'd imagine it had something to do with ground squirrels.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:28 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
That's the location Sir, very nice rifles and they're pretty valuable too.

You can see the serial number on the barrel and receiver.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:15 PM
RCE1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks. That's what I was hoping.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:51 PM
gr8guns

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
I did it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WGB View Post
The old saying about not commenting if you have nothing to add is appropriate for you. The man is proud of his elegant rifle and you post crap. A negative (rear-end/dark hole/asshat) in every crowd.
I stuck a number 10.5 brogan in my mouth sideways over the then new Grand

Finales. After I held one in my hand, Lets just say.......I AM STILL EATING CROW

OVER THAT DEAL ! If I can’t say anything good I will just stay silent now.

People are still miffed at me over that deal . Negative marks run deep, and are

never erased. I still can’t apologize enough. A big aw crap wipes out a lifetime

of attaboys, and knocking some one’s child ( our toys are our children ) can put you

In the red headed step child seat permanently.

Stating ones personal preference can be done

in a way that is not derogatory.

Diversity is good, but diplomacy is a great part of that. All I can say is “ I

apologize “, but people keep bringing it up.....it will never heal. Some still get “ a chuckle “ out of it and continue to post it.

Last edited by gr8guns; 08-12-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:07 PM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litetrigger1 View Post
Many years (decades) ago when I was a barefoot farm boy my favorite reading was Stoeger's Shooter's Bible and the page I always lingered on showed the elegant, full stocked Steyr .22 Rimfire. But at a price of $136. it was as unreachable as the moon. But time went by, my fortunes improved slightly and having just finished grad school I felt I deserved a reward. The long yearned for Austrian .22 would be a perfect gift for myself I figured, but calls to Stoeger disclosed that the rifle of my dreams was no longer in production. However, I was informed, there might still be one left in their distribution center. Turns out, there were actually five or six left and I could have my pick if I could get to their New Jersey warehouse. It was a long drive but worth the trip and I opened every box. They were all beautiful but one, with a lovely fiddleback pattern stock stood out above the rest. Which of course was my choice, along with both double and single triggers. Much more time has passed since then, with the rifle mainly remaining in the box. But time to time I like getting it out and remembering the old days.
Absolutely fantastic, it brings to mind old world craftsmen whose intent was nothing less than perfection. Your story was well written, I can almost feel the anticipation you had to have on the drive to buy that rifle. Its also a rarity to see a young man who recognized the obvious quality of that rifle, also unusual to see one kept in Pristine condition. You are to be congratulated!