barrel on m21 unscrews?? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 07-07-2006, 08:49 PM
DEADGOPHERS

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

I wouldn't think this thread is a Cooper bash at the least. It is just a few who have issues that have yet to be resolved. Just facts...not all sugar coated, but truths and concerns. Not all the AHHHH look at the wood but honest and true concerns about what was paid for.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:06 PM
RimfireGimp

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
"OK then..."
Old 07-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Ben B.
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
If the bolt stop is a problem, Cooper Arms needs to square that away. I agree, these are premium rifles, and premium rifles should not have "POS" used in reference to anything on them.

I bought my Cooper for competitive accuracy, and I didn't care about the wood or the snob appeal, but have grown to love those things about Coopers .

JMO,

Ben
Old 07-07-2006, 11:20 PM
RimfireGimp

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
no no, theyre premium production rifles. POS can still be used in the same sentence. it'd be a different story if we were talking custom made.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:37 PM
esldude

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Whoa!

I never meant to bash Cooper either. I have one and have owned a couple more. Excellent premium rifles or however you wish to put it. And I never had any problem with any of mine.

It just seems here and elsewhere I have seen a higher than usual number of complaints that required return. Like this barrel unscrewing.

I commend that one of their people reads and even more so responds to this forum. And has given every indication things will be made right because they care about their products. None of that is anything, but good.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:50 PM
lefty o

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
definately not a cooper bashing thread. cooper has a very good reputation for fixing what is wrong, but a problematic part should be changed.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 AM
TedW

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Mr. Behr,
Thanks for responding to this thread! It's good to know that a manufacturer is listening to its customers. My buddies and I do a lot of prairie dog shooting with our Coopers, so we fire many 1000s of rounds through them. After firing somewhere in the neighborhood of 30,000 rounds, my buddy sent his M21 back to Cooper to replace the barrel. Cooper replaced it for a very small fee, and sent it back to him quickly shooting as good as it did when new. GREAT SERVICE!

I sure hope I didn't give the impression I was bashing your product; far from it. I absolutely start drooling uncontrollably at the mere sight of a Cooper! My M21's (.223 VE and 6PPC Varminter) have given me many hours of very accurate shooting, and I wouldn't part with them for anything! Cooper rifles are not only beautiful, well finished and fitted and have classy lines, they really SHOOT!!! For this reason, I see at least 1, maybe a couple more Coopers in my future! Knowing that you're reading this thread, I mention the bolt stop merely as constructive criticism, not bashing of an overall wonderful rifle. Since I don't own a rimfire or another Cooper besides the M21, I don't know if the stop is the same on other rifles, but the bolt stop on at least the M21 is indeed a design flaw. The stop itself is nothing but a small (looks to be about 0.070" dia) dowel pin held to the bolt stop button by a tiny roll pin. It's a very weak design, and Cooper would be well advised to replace it with something more robust. I do wish Cooper would offer a 3-lever trigger mechanism on the varmint style rifles so the pull weight could be adjusted down to a few oz., or offer a trigger hanger that would allow the use of a Jewell Rem700 style trigger. However, the trigger is still very nice in comparison to other varmint rifles out there, and I do understand the liability concerns involved with super light triggers. These are really my only criticisms of an otherwise very fine rifle! I commend Cooper for offering such a nice product at a reasonable price (for what you get) to diehard shooters and those of us who appreciate beauty as well as accuracy!

Last edited by TedW; 07-08-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Reddleader

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RBehr
Guys, nothing is perfect. We build good rifles and we back them up when things go bad. The barrel is a weird problem and we will see what happened and correct it. As far as more rifles coming back, we are quite a bit ahead of the industry average. On top of that, we offer guarantees on things that other companies won't consider. Inaccurate? Send it to us and we will help. A bolt stop breaks, we'll fix it. I always try to offer morr help than someone expects from a company because that is how I would like to be treated. We are proud of what we build and we will continue to back up our products with good customer service.
Keep up the good work at Cooper Firearms. You ARE light years ahead of any manufacturer out there IMO. I own an LVT in 17 M2 and I just love it. If fact, after a friend of mine handled it, he went out an purchased a new Cooper in the 204. Keep up the good customer service and outstanding product quality and new gun orders will keep rolling in.