STEYR MANNLICHER .22 INTHA'BOX - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-30-2017, 11:12 AM
Litetrigger1
US Army NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
STEYR MANNLICHER .22 INTHA'BOX

Many years (decades) ago when I was a barefoot farm boy my favorite reading was Stoeger's Shooter's Bible and the page I always lingered on showed the elegant, full stocked Steyr .22 Rimfire. But at a price of $136. it was as unreachable as the moon. But time went by, my fortunes improved slightly and having just finished grad school I felt I deserved a reward. The long yearned for Austrian .22 would be a perfect gift for myself I figured, but calls to Stoeger disclosed that the rifle of my dreams was no longer in production. However, I was informed, there might still be one left in their distribution center. Turns out, there were actually five or six left and I could have my pick if I could get to their New Jersey warehouse. It was a long drive but worth the trip and I opened every box. They were all beautiful but one, with a lovely fiddleback pattern stock stood out above the rest. Which of course was my choice, along with both double and single triggers. Much more time has passed since then, with the rifle mainly remaining in the box. But time to time I like getting it out and remembering the old days.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00055.JPG (138.0 KB, 1301 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00057.JPG (140.2 KB, 1288 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00059.JPG (142.1 KB, 1277 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00060.JPG (136.5 KB, 1277 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00061.JPG (145.9 KB, 1282 views)

Last edited by Litetrigger1; 08-30-2017 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:01 PM
hookedon1911s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
WOW!!!! So that's what they look like brand new. One of those sold recently on Gunsinternational at 95% without the box for $3600.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM
aqbill

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Wow, that's a beauty to be sure. Looks to be similar to the Krico & Anschütz Stutzen of that same era.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2017, 12:32 PM
fourbore

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I love that rifle. Thank you for sharing.
Old 08-30-2017, 12:41 PM
buckweet
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I LOVE IT!!!!

yeah.. I'd do just about anything to get my grubby meathooks on one of those!!!
Old 08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
kaynine

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Simply gorgeous......

You did very well as a young pup fresh out of the education mill and it's great to see the complete kit as purchased new. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:25 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (29)
Wow, what a nice package.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:36 AM
LRB
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litetrigger1 View Post
...and having just finished grad school I felt I deserved a reward. The long yearned for Austrian .22 would be a perfect gift for myself I figured...
...And by golly you figured right!

Great story!

Beautiful rifle!
Old 09-14-2017, 04:08 PM
HARDBALLER

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Love your rifle. I can definitely see myself spending time in the woods with it. Congratulations on owning something as priceless as that rifle.
Old 11-12-2019, 08:07 PM
hickorynut
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer

TPC Rating: 
100% (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litetrigger1 View Post
Many years (decades) ago when I was a barefoot farm boy my favorite reading was Stoeger's Shooter's Bible and the page I always lingered on showed the elegant, full stocked Steyr .22 Rimfire. But at a price of $136. it was as unreachable as the moon. But time went by, my fortunes improved slightly and having just finished grad school I felt I deserved a reward. The long yearned for Austrian .22 would be a perfect gift for myself I figured, but calls to Stoeger disclosed that the rifle of my dreams was no longer in production. However, I was informed, there might still be one left in their distribution center. Turns out, there were actually five or six left and I could have my pick if I could get to their New Jersey warehouse. It was a long drive but worth the trip and I opened every box. They were all beautiful but one, with a lovely fiddleback pattern stock stood out above the rest. Which of course was my choice, along with both double and single triggers. Much more time has passed since then, with the rifle mainly remaining in the box. But time to time I like getting it out and remembering the old days.
Absolutely fantastic, it brings to mind old world craftsmen whose intent was nothing less than perfection. Your story was well written, I can almost feel the anticipation you had to have on the drive to buy that rifle. Its also a rarity to see a young man who recognized the obvious quality of that rifle, also unusual to see one kept in Pristine condition. You are to be congratulated!