Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

First Ultimate?

580 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  ILIKE1022 
#1 ·
So, I have a 10/22 in a Yukon Revolution (same as Boyd's Blaster) with a Thompson Machine Operative integrally suppressed barrel...maybe my first "ultimate"? But this is the first 10/22 I've assembled and painted. Teaching myself Cerakote too. Anyway, it turned out pretty well but some day I will blast the barrel again and try to get a better paint job.

Gun will eventually be my daughter's (once she can legally own one).

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks. The phrase "it's better to be lucky than good" comes to mind because I painted the sun shade and then the barrel...three times and it just came out that way. The stock has some iridescent parts that aren't really shown and it looks a bit darker than it is but it turned out pretty nice.

Brimstone stage 3, Tactical Solutions barrel / pic rail. GG&G pic rail at the front of the stock but a UTG bipod (she wants my GG&G XDS-2 but that stays on my DMR). Leupold VX-2 3-9x40 in Warne rings. JWH Custom bolt and Kidd charging handle / mag release. The barrel is black at the muzzle so when my Element 2 is attached the "look" doesn't change. Except she likes gloss and my can is matte.

Shoots well though. Can't see in the photo very well but charging handle is purple as is the trigger and the trigger follows the theme (purple at the front but the back is silver). Trigger is Rimfire Technologies.

Satin Aluminum and gloss clear Cerakote. Gloss has the Paint With Pearl Deep Candy Pearl Purple mixed in. Cerakote clear is really thin and the pigment seems to fall out of suspension pretty quickly so was difficult to shoot (especially since this is my first paint job).

Forgot to mention that she helped build it so got to shoot it before Christmas. She wanted to see how it would look so we threw the optic on and took a picture for Mom and then noticed we'd just put the scope on without really looking at it...windage is elevation and vice-versa. Oh well, it's fixed now and level but I am too lazy to take another photo.

#4 ·
Satin Aluminum and gloss clear Cerakote. Gloss has the Paint With Pearl Deep Candy Pearl Purple mixed in. Cerakote clear is really thin and the pigment seems to fall out of suspension pretty quickly so was difficult to shoot (especially since this is my first paint job).
That's why I let the local gunsmith do mine. :D

[/QUOTE]Forgot to mention that she helped build it so got to shoot it before Christmas. She wanted to see how it would look so we threw the optic on and took a picture for Mom and then noticed we'd just put the scope on without really looking at it...windage is elevation and vice-versa. Oh well, it's fixed now and level but I am too lazy to take another photo.[/QUOTE]

I had a gunshop put one on for me like that once. And bore sighted it that way. :eek: It's fine for a picture, though.

I really like the color, too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.