KMK-678...Like New! - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-03-2020, 12:34 PM
Uturnwilly1

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

My wife has a stainless 6 7/8” as well -bought from the old Oshman’s Sporting Goods in Georgia.
She shoots it very well - tennis balls at 25 yards don’t stand a chance -
In some ways I like it better than my MarkIII Hunter
Old 04-20-2020, 09:38 PM
Bloodhound
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
A real beauty...Congrats!
Old 04-24-2020, 02:09 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uturnwilly1 View Post
My wife has a stainless 6 7/8” as well -bought from the old Oshman’s Sporting Goods in Georgia.
She shoots it very well - tennis balls at 25 yards don’t stand a chance -
In some ways I like it better than my MarkIII Hunter
UTW,

In some ways, believe I'll like it better than my MkIV Hunter!

Ted
Old 04-24-2020, 08:28 AM
wproct

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My very first Ruger target model was a 6 7/8 inch blued steel tapered bbl Mark I, and it was a very accurate pistol. Ruger makes both the tapered and bull bbl models because people have different preferences for different usages. Since 100 % of my shooting is at the range and I don't carry or use a holster, I prefer the balance of the bull bbl pistols, but if I were carrying the pistol for hunting or other activities I could see the advantage of the tapered bbl models.
Old 05-22-2020, 06:04 PM
MG-70

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo98 View Post
UTW,

In some ways, believe I'll like it better than my MkIV Hunter!

Ted
My first Ruger MK series was a stainless 6 7/8" MKII Target with tapered barrel (KMKII768) which was perfect; with the exception of the mag release. The MKIII came out and I got rid of my MKIIs and bought some MKIIIs. My Hunters were converted to factory Target front sights, and rear U-notch sight blades. At one point, I measured the weight of the KMKII678 and a stainless 678 Hunter (KMKIII678H), and if my memory serves right, which isn't always the case, believe they weighed exactly the same, HOWEVER, to me, the balance, and by far the looks, of the stainless 678 MKII Target was superior to that of the 678 Hunter, and either MKII or MKIII GCs.

The only only reason I didn't buy a stainless 678 MKIII Target with tapered barrel was because I could not find one; don't think they were made. There was a blued 678 MKIII Target with tapered barrel, but I wanted stainless, and so didn't really pursue one. I miss the aesthetic beauty of the stainless 678 MKII Target with tapered barrel, but make do with, again, to me, the more practical MKIIIs. As of today, I have no reason to want to swap them for MKIVs.

Congratulations on finding a beauty of a pistol!
Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 AM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
They made a few of the MKIII 678s (blue only) but discontinued them early. Also made a very limited number of Government Target models.