Silhouette Practice Day Sep. 25 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 09-30-2014, 04:35 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Silhouette Practice Day Sep. 25

Due to range conflicts, we had our practice on Thursday, the 25th and the match on Sunday. Short day, again due to scheduling, and I had a lot to do. Started with the Exemplar that used to belong to an old flying buddy that passed away.

Since I am out of Eley Standard, I shot some Eley Club to confirm sight settings and accuracy. There were no changes, and accuracy was still great. Since I was on the rimfire side, the Calfee XP was next.

Basically, just some practicing, but I really do enjoy shooting this gun more than any other. A few years ago the stock was repainted, this time in 2006 Corvette LeMans Blue. With not a lot of time to go, I switched over to the Big Bore side and the not-exactly-legal Production XP-100 in 7mmBR.

I had some old loads using surplus WCC-846 powder to get rid of, also performing some case fire-forming at the same time. When the scoped categories were created for IHMSA, I didn't have anything scoped, so I used this gun in Unlimited Scoped class a lot. Sure got a kick out of beating all the scoped guns on the line.

Last gun was the G2 in 6mm TCU.

The only thing I ever won in my life is this gun, won in a raffle at the 2002 IHMSA Internationals. There weren't even being made yet, so I didn't get it until the following year. Shortly after, I fired the first perfect score by a G2 in official competition. It was fun shooting it today, as it had a couple years since the last time. Oh, and 100 grain bullets will take down rams. Just don't hit them in the front leg.

≡✪≡

Last edited by IHMSA80x80; 01-23-2020 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:33 PM
Sophia

That Evil Admin Lady
TPC Rating: 
100% (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
The only thing I ever won in my life is this gun, won in a raffle at the 2002 IHMSA Internationals. There weren't even being made yet, so I didn't get it until the following year. Shortly after, I fired the first perfect score by a G2 in official competition.
Special place in your heart for it now, eh?
Old 10-01-2014, 12:24 PM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Yep, it won't get sold.

When I won the gun, the letter that came from TC offered it in any of their standard cartridges. I had pretty much most of those already covered, so I called the TC guy and asked if I could get a barrel from their Custom Shop. I was told I could only get one of the standard offerings. Drat.

A couple days later, I thought about it more and called him back, asking him, if I paid the difference, could I get a custom barrel then? He said, sure, that would work, what did I want? Having already thought this through, I asked for a 14" Custom Shop barrel in 6mm TCU. I've kept the gun as is, since I got it. It was tempting to put a set of Bo-Mar/Bond sights on it, like my other Contenders, but I resisted.

≡✪≡