Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 06-30-2020, 06:57 AM
Tancred

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lower weight

I have a NIB MkIII that has an amazingly good factory trigger with no creep. But I would like to lower the weight from around 4lbs to 2lbs. I polished the internals and that seems to have lowered the weight by a little. Without replacing the entire trigger group, which one replacement part could have the most effect on lowering the weight?

Thanks
Old 06-30-2020, 10:36 AM
TCBeard
Veteran Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
The one part that will have the most effect would be a VQ MKIII Sear. However I would also replace the hammer bushing while I'm in there.
Old 06-30-2020, 11:53 AM
Tancred

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Do you have to use a sear specific to the Mark III? If I get a new bushing, shouldn't I go ahead and get what's needed to remove the mag disconnect also?

thanks, Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2020, 07:37 AM
Captdave221
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
Do you have to use a sear specific to the Mark III? If I get a new bushing, shouldn't I go ahead and get what's needed to remove the mag disconnect also?

thanks, Shane
The Volquartsen sear fits in MK II, III, & IV’s. Get a Volquartsen MKII hammer bushing and it removes the mag safety (disconnect) also. Volquartsen also has their adjustable triggers on close out too & I’d recommend one of those too. If you prefer a flat trigger shop at Tandemkross.
Old 07-01-2020, 12:20 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred
Do you have to use a sear specific to the Mark III?
The sear is the same for MKI, MKII, and MKIII. It changed a little for the MKIV. It may/may not work in the MKIII. At a minimum, you'd probably have to buy the VQ disconnector to go with a MKIV sear. It's best to buy one of the earlier VQ sears.

Quote:
If I get a new bushing, shouldn't I go ahead and get what's needed to remove the mag disconnect also?
Any of the aftermarket bushings will allow you to lose the mag disco stuff. But bushings have a LOT to do with creep. I would suggest you avoid buying any of the so-called MKIII bushings. They will all add a TON of creep.

The VQ bushing is a MKII style and works fine without adding any creep. However, you may very well have some small amount of creep now that you're not feeling because of the heavy trigger pull. Once the new sear lightens the pull, you will feel any/all creep that's present. If that's a concern to you at all, it's best to buy a Clark Custom pin/bushing set:

https://clarkcustomguns.com/product-...mk-i-iiiparts/

They are made slightly oversize compared to Ruger/VQ parts and fit the hammer and frame with much more precision. Once you use a pistol with Clark parts, any pistol you use without will feel rather sloppy. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're shooting bullseye league, or are just OCD for having the best possible. But then you'll want a better trigger to reduce pretravel and overtravel as well. That's not a bad thing though!
Old 07-02-2020, 07:38 AM
Tancred

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the replies. Since I'll be going through the effert of opening the pistol up anyway, I decided to get a complete accurizing kit with bushing.
Old 07-04-2020, 11:57 PM
Turtle1903

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Good choice I find better results using the entire volquartsen accurizing kit I like the stainless trigger the best
Old 07-05-2020, 10:13 AM
Captdave221
Fire Fighter NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Clark oversized pin and bushing

I would love to purchase this item but have never seen it in stock. Never saw it listed for sale on any other website either. Test Engineer where can these be purchased?
Old 07-05-2020, 02:11 PM
Test_Engineer

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
That's weird. Clark completely revamped their website and even added a 22/45 version for the set. Their old website incorrectly described the hammer pin as a sear pin. It's sure not clear why they would do this unless they had these sets available for sale, or planned on making some more soon.

Maybe you can contact Clark and find out what's going on there? Please let us know what they say. I'd like to have a couple new sets for my spare parts/future upgrades bin.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:47 PM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
They only show the MKI/MKII bushing. Seems to me it should work on the MKIII. What do you think?

https://clarkcustomguns.com/product/...n-bushing-kit/

Unfortunately I need the 22/45 kit which is out of stock. Anyone have a spare one laying around?

Last edited by HIghstandardguy; 07-05-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 02:57 PM
HIghstandardguy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (4)
Okay, just discovered that they show in stock until you select the finish and then they show out of stock. Bummer.