Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

put it in reverse..

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  XLIV 
#1 ·
Just noticed an oddity. Perhaps someone can check their stash and verify.

Notice the direction of the writing on the long r is opposite the writing of the short. Any explanation/theory why?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Just noticed an oddity. Perhaps someone can check their stash and verify.

Notice the direction of the writing on the long r is opposite the writing of the short. Any explanation/theory why?

To be consistent with the varied bottom marking?
One particular observation I made was the floorplate markings on the later mags are turned around. Early mags read front to back and later mags read back to front

#7 ·
Reverse

The reason they are marked like that is because the magazines on the left are for .22 LR and the magazines on the right are for .22 short.

On a serious side I would think because the .22 short are older magazines ( hence the patten date ) and the LR magazines are newer. They probably changed the tooling between the two.

#8 ·
3dub reminded me of the magazine sticky thread at the beginning of which there was discussion between steve and jeff about drawings. Apparently the short marked followers were ‘backwards’. I may get brave and disassemble one to see which way the ‘tail’ faces.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.