Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

21 foot Silhouette targets for basement use.

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  vic479h 
#1 ·
To survive my covid isolation I have been shooting my pellet rifle in the basement. I could manage a 21 foot range. I wanted to practice for silhouette but I needed an appropriate target.

Attached is file of silhouette targets scaled for 21 feet (As best as I could). I wanted to use white silhouettes so I put them in a black circle.

I'm kind of proud of it so I thought I would show it off. Maybe some one will find it useful.

If you have trouble printing this to scale on 8 1/2 x 11 let me know and I will send a pdf. Or maybe I can figure out how to make the file small enough to post.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
What size animals are these scaled down from? 1/5 scale smallbore, 1/2 scale lever action, etc?

I'm surprised you can find a scope that focuses down to 7 yards! My Sightron bottoms out at 10 yards and the Weaver T24 at about 12 yards.

Thanks for sharing the target and good luck with your practice.

#3 · (Edited)
These are 1/5 scale, scaled down to 7 yds. I tried to get them to come out about 4 MOA.

I had to look around quite a bit to find a scope that would focus this close. I ended up with a UTG 3-9X32 1" BugBuster Scope. It has an AO down to 3 yds. Reticle is not ideal but then neither is my budget. It needed a few shims from a coke can to get it close enough. My airgun is an XISICO XS60C from Flying Dragon. One CO2 cartridge has enough gas to get through a 40 shot round.

#4 ·
I made a bunch of these, scaled for ~30' - I shoot from my living room out the door into the yard.

Laser-cut amazon shipping boxes. Funny thing is, something is stealing them! I have an enclosed (6' wood fence) back yard, with no gaps. I thought they had just blown around but, nope, some critter is coming in and stealing them!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.