Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 01-21-2021, 01:35 PM
Emietenkorte
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
New Bergara BMR

This looks like it will be fun! MSRP $565!

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles...-TYCIFqNL7gU7k
Old 01-21-2021, 03:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emietenkorte View Post
This looks like it will be fun! MSRP $565!

https://www.bergara.online/us/rifles...-TYCIFqNL7gU7k
Dang another nice option! Looks like those will compete nicely with the Tikka T1x

Old 01-21-2021, 03:44 PM
HUSHKABOOM

TPC Rating: 
100% (57)
Hmmmm... I like that rifle. But wait! I am trying to cut back on this sort of thing....dang!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2021, 03:47 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Something worth watching for at the very least.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:34 PM
cnelson181
US Air Force Disabled American Veteran

TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Oh, I want!

Great, and I thought I was going to save money this winter.

Craig...
Old 01-21-2021, 04:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSHKABOOM View Post
Hmmmm... I like that rifle. But wait! I am trying to cut back on this sort of thing....dang!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson181 View Post
Oh, I want!

Great, and I thought I was going to save money this winter.

Craig...
Haha! I've been a little overwhelmed with all the new options lately. I have several nice rifles but I wanted something I could use for NRL22 type shooting and not worry about banging around in a match. So I bought a T1x and I'm very happy with it for the most part. Then I start thinking....maybe the Bergara B-14R might work a little better. Even if it doesn't I'm still intrigued enough that I want one. But wait...then I start thinking...if I'm going for the B-14R maybe I should save awhile longer and just get a V22 and be done with it. I could do that (and probably will) but I'm still intrigued by the B-14R. Now they have to go ahead and add this little BMR. At less than 5 1/2# it does look like a neat little rifle. With the weight being so light I have to wonder how the stock will feel.

A few years ago I became kind of bored with shooting. I relocated to a different area and they don't have the kind of matches I was shooting and I lost interest a little. I hadn't paid much attention to any of the new rifles up until recently. I knew CZ introduced the 457 but didn't even pay much attention to those either (they look great too haha). Now all of a sudden there's several rifles that have my interest. Good time to be a rimfire rifle fan I guess

Old 01-21-2021, 04:41 PM
comfisherman

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Oooooh. A carbon in 22wmr will definitely end up in my safe.
Old 01-21-2021, 04:45 PM
cnelson181

TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Pat,

I'm sorta in your boat. I have a arm load of CZ 452's and BRNO's. I LOVE them. But they are sooo nice. I get so antsy carrying them out in the woods. I used my Sako Quad a lot, to overcome this, with it's "plastic" stock. Well, wouldn't know it, I scored a OEM factory Sako Quad walnut stock for a song last year. It makes my Sako look and feel wonderful. Now I back to where I was with my CZ's, everything is so nice. I don't want to "hurt" anything.

This would solve all my problems. LOL Plus, with a MSRP of a little over $500, the street price might be in the low $400's?

I keep wanting to like the B14 and Vudoo, but I can't get past those bloody huge magazines.

Craig...
Old 01-21-2021, 04:48 PM
cnelson181

TPC Rating: 
90% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfisherman View Post
Oooooh. A carbon in 22wmr will definitely end up in my safe.
CF,

My initial thought was 22lr, but I'm thinking more along your lines.... 22wmr!

I have a literal ton of 22lr's, not one WMR.

Craig...
Old 01-21-2021, 05:15 PM
Emietenkorte

TPC Rating: 
100% (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWNolan View Post
Haha! I've been a little overwhelmed with all the new options lately. I have several nice rifles but I wanted something I could use for NRL22 type shooting and not worry about banging around in a match. So I bought a T1x and I'm very happy with it for the most part. Then I start thinking....maybe the Bergara B-14R might work a little better. Even if it doesn't I'm still intrigued enough that I want one. But wait...then I start thinking...if I'm going for the B-14R maybe I should save awhile longer and just get a V22 and be done with it. I could do that (and probably will) but I'm still intrigued by the B-14R. Now they have to go ahead and add this little BMR. At less than 5 1/2# it does look like a neat little rifle. With the weight being so light I have to wonder how the stock will feel.

A few years ago I became kind of bored with shooting. I relocated to a different area and they don't have the kind of matches I was shooting and I lost interest a little. I hadn't paid much attention to any of the new rifles up until recently. I knew CZ introduced the 457 but didn't even pay much attention to those either (they look great too haha). Now all of a sudden there's several rifles that have my interest. Good time to be a rimfire rifle fan I guess
I have the T1X and the B14R both are fantastic rifles! The B14R is a real awesome shooter! I thought I wanted a Vudoo and don't get me wrong they're fantastic rifles but I have shot both and don't really see a difference in accuracy, and I'm a real stickler for accuracy. I'm not trying to upset any Vudoo owners, perhaps I just have a really good one, but I figured if they shoot the same what would be the advantage of spending the extra coin and running a Vudoo over a Bergara. I've been thoroughly impressed with Bergara's rifles so I will definitely be getting one of these BMRs.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:33 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (75)
Send a message via AIM to Chaser
Old 01-21-2021, 08:55 PM
Frank3

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I am excited and might pick one up but....

Why oh why canít manufacturers understand that 18Ē doesnít buy you realistically anything in 22lr

Especially the carbon fiber. Give me a 16.25Ē barrel. Make it so itís not a pool cue in the woods (especially suppressed).

My next issue is the bolt throw. Why not a 60* bolt throw?
CZ, tikka do even Ruger figured that out.

This isnít a Remington 700 trainer so why not add in a nice feature.

Also the stock shape could have pulled more from their BXR stock, which imho is better shaped than the titan stock.

I am glad they used a match chamber though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-21-2021, 09:22 PM
Hi-Wall
Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I hate these short carbine, stubby barrels. I'd like a 22" barrel option.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:03 PM
ECVmatt

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I am fired up for one of these. I would probably get a .22 Mag and use it for hunting marmots and dirt squirrels up in the mountains. I like the size and the weight. Obviously I would like to hold one in hand, but it looks promising.

I can't wait to see one of these in person.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:52 PM
Serving4Him

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yep, these do look very interesting!! I’d like to see one also, but no telling when and where they will be out. Gonna have to add this to the list.