Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2021, 11:15 PM
Atonic

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Amen. Scotty Kilmer the Utuber car mechanic just moved from Houston to Tennessee. I can see leaving Houston because of the humidity. Drove though Tennessee once, beautiful country. Only problem was I don't think there is more than 2 straight roads in the state.
That's why we love it there. I would have moved down there but the wife refuses to go south.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:21 PM
NoNewTricks
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (14)
1E3FE0A9-6C50-461D-8D64-AAAD407254F4.png
Old 01-21-2021, 11:23 PM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
I agree with everything but the Uberti. .44-40 is potent medicine, and easy to reload. Hope you faired well.

It was a back-up carbine to my 1873 rifle so didn't mind sending it down the line. I don't shoot CAS anymore so.....

I kept the full size Yellow Boy in 45LC as well as the 1873 rifle in 44-40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophia View Post
I may just rent an excavator and try to tackle it myself. Won't that be a hoot!
Sounds like a lot of serious fun! I can't wait for the pics!!!

Quote:
So learned at my Dr's appointment that six days ago, I went into A-Fib for an hour.

May have to have the atrial lead redone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Sure hope they get that squared away for you.

Hope you can get that fixed ASAP!

Met a couple of hotties at the restaurant tonight. Meeting them again next week. Game on!!!

Hey Al! They are Bruins Fans!!! And, we watched the Bs take out the #1 Philly gang tonight!

R

Last edited by Rhody; 01-21-2021 at 11:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:28 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finn's creative in excuses why we are not moving and its all my fault. Sound familiar?
"Too far, too big, you just want 100 acres so you can shoot." True but 50'd work fine and even 10 if the neighbors are normal gun toting Muricans that like to fish and none named bubba. Simple pleasures for me, hon, thats all.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:31 PM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
I
Met a couple of hotties at the restaurant tonight. Meeting them again next week. Game on!!!

Hey Al! They are Bruins Fans!! ! And, we watched the Bs take out the #1 Philly gang tonight!

R
Now yer talkin!
Old 01-21-2021, 11:52 PM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
42 and some clouds. Not guessed to rain.

How does a gun smith lose a Remington 700 bolt?

AZ, I've told you, no such thing a an ugly woman. Just different levels of beauty.

Finished the door work in back of shelter. Caulked and ready to paint. Do that tomorrow.

Thought about Al today. The Highway [country station] on satellite DJ said today was national hug day and national squirrel day. Guess Al was suppose to hug a squirrel.

Two movies on Netflix.

Goodnight Gigi, Sophia, Marylin, Al, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, Tricks, Atonic, AZ, COW, Brent, Rock, M92, Gobb, nfcracin, dlong, Wade, W8LON, Phil, Gearld, OldDave, Hawkeye, Phil, Ranger, Wayne, Mike, vlnbyr, jnyork, RichJ, GP, M92, Squirrel, JVStalin, koonta, pans, zenaca, rosscoe, Greggie, TinCan, arjay, acheyj, SLS, OldSwede, Flys, wr, labratt, RonL, JDWIN, 404, 1917, Carrij, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, rj, Rick, calibrian, LASTSHOT and all the rest.

Sleep tight

Last edited by Frank Eagles; 01-21-2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:29 AM
OldDave
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good luck and my prayers are with you Gerald.
Old 01-22-2021, 12:45 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good luck today Gerald! I sent a few extra prayers up for ya!!!

R
Old 01-22-2021, 01:29 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
So learned at my Dr's appointment that six days ago, I went into A-Fib for an hour.

I knew I was having problems.

May have to have the atrial lead redone.
Hope that you can get that handled immediately, Don.
--

Prayers, Gerald.
--

Looks like I'll get some shooting in tomorrow and Saturday tho its going to be under mostly cloudy skies. Sunday will prolly a bust w/rain most of the day, but temp up to 70. We're just in the midst of one of those winter wet spells where ya get a lot of crappy days and continuous on and off light rains. Soil, plants and trees all need it; water levels in ponds and tanks is low in many places w/runoff minimal. Its 47 now, RH 100%, wind N 8 and we are under a dense fog & mist advisory until 6 A tomorrow, when it should start to burn off or lift.

Saw a lot of loons and mud hens on a nearby lake on the way to the doc's this morning. Not sure whether they are already moving north or whot. Just thot it unusual. They were in large numbers too, but staying in their own flocks & water areas.

Feeling a might tired this evening, in spite of a coupla good naps. Probably has something to do w/having had a haircut. And tho I was hardly wearing a Samson, there was still a fair pile of hair when when it was finished. 'Course it could be plenty of other recent stuff wearin' on me too.

I may have missed the banquet dinner for the winter league last night , now that I think about it. Just too many other things on my mind of late and was mostly focused on the bride's returning safely from the cabin in crummy weather and my early doc appointment this morning. Wasn't the kind of weather ya wanted to be on the road or in traffic in. It would likely have been catered, in any case, so I'll console myself w/that thot. Awards were all Lewis class, so I could have an envelope waiting for me tomorrow when I get there or no. Not positive on the date for that either, so it may be next week. I'll find out tomorrow.

Watched two movies w/the bride this evening after a dinner of NY strip steak w/hoppin' Johns.

Its that kinda pea soup thick atmosphere outside where one can easily imagine the sound of a lone fog horn whose origin can't be pinned down from any directional perspective as some huge vessel is gliding silently w/o a wake in the dark of night leaving only a string of bubbles on the surface behind it that don't make lasting witnesses to anyone. And out on the end of a jetty a solitary fisherman is contemplating that same sound and glad for the warmth in his belly the rhum has provided and the steaming hot coffee remaining in his thermos.

I B calling it a night.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:37 AM
IHMSA80x80
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Prayers, Gerald.

Marilyn

≡✪≡
Old 01-22-2021, 03:58 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
Good luck and my prayers are with you Gerald.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
Good luck today Gerald! I sent a few extra prayers up for ya!!!

R
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Hope that you can get that handled immediately, Don.
--

Prayers, Gerald.
--

Looks like I'll get some shooting in tomorrow and Saturday tho its going to be under mostly cloudy skies. Sunday will prolly a bust w/rain most of the day, but temp up to 70. We're just in the midst of one of those winter wet spells where ya get a lot of crappy days and continuous on and off light rains. Soil, plants and trees all need it; water levels in ponds and tanks is low in many places w/runoff minimal. Its 47 now, RH 100%, wind N 8 and we are under a dense fog & mist advisory until 6 A tomorrow, when it should start to burn off or lift.

Saw a lot of loons and mud hens on a nearby lake on the way to the doc's this morning. Not sure whether they are already moving north or whot. Just thot it unusual. They were in large numbers too, but staying in their own flocks & water areas.

Feeling a might tired this evening, in spite of a coupla good naps. Probably has something to do w/having had a haircut. And tho I was hardly wearing a Samson, there was still a fair pile of hair when when it was finished. 'Course it could be plenty of other recent stuff wearin' on me too.

I may have missed the banquet dinner for the winter league last night , now that I think about it. Just too many other things on my mind of late and was mostly focused on the bride's returning safely from the cabin in crummy weather and my early doc appointment this morning. Wasn't the kind of weather ya wanted to be on the road or in traffic in. It would likely have been catered, in any case, so I'll console myself w/that thot. Awards were all Lewis class, so I could have an envelope waiting for me tomorrow when I get there or no. Not positive on the date for that either, so it may be next week. I'll find out tomorrow.

Watched two movies w/the bride this evening after a dinner of NY strip steak w/hoppin' Johns.

Its that kinda pea soup thick atmosphere outside where one can easily imagine the sound of a lone fog horn whose origin can't be pinned down from any directional perspective as some huge vessel is gliding silently w/o a wake in the dark of night leaving only a string of bubbles on the surface behind it that don't make lasting witnesses to anyone. And out on the end of a jetty a solitary fisherman is contemplating that same sound and glad for the warmth in his belly the rhum has provided and the steaming hot coffee remaining in his thermos.

I B calling it a night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
Prayers, Gerald.

Marilyn

Up, showered using the "magic soap", be leaving for the Hospital in a little while, I really appreciate the Prayers and good wishes folks.

Gerald
Old 01-22-2021, 07:37 AM
Blackwolfe
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Praying all goes well Gerald.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:37 AM
Al the Infidel

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Eagles View Post

How does a gun smith lose a Remington 700 bolt?
For the same reason we can find our vehicles by pressing a button on the fob. You're getting as bad a Fred.

Good luck Gerald.

Dunno how much snow as the numbers on the brass gauge not big nuff to read in the dark suffice to say fond hopes the driveway cleaner(DWC) comes before I has to move the cart back to the garage, (POTM)put out the mail,

and off to WM in 8˚F morning air.
Old 01-22-2021, 07:47 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd1950 View Post
Up, showered using the "magic soap", be leaving for the Hospital in a little while, I really appreciate the Prayers and good wishes folks.

Gerald
Oops! A few more from here. Will be sending good juju.

Old 01-22-2021, 07:49 AM
dbmjr1
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Kind of funny I have noticed alot of my friends have replaced their kids with pets when the kids go off to college.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Friends? A lot of friends?

Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

IT IS DONUT FRIDAY

Regarding the A Fib incident. Dr is starting me on low dose Beta Blockers.

Toil again today. Half a day.

I'll probably toil again tomorrow too.

99 days until I begin my six week expedition to the west.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Closed Thread