Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Watering Hole 9-12-2021

13K views 505 replies 40 participants last post by  Rhody 
#1 ·
Howdy folks! Welcome to this week's edition of TWH!

Have a chill week!

Enjoy!

R

See less See more
#470 ·
Thanks, Al. Any mention in the news would be of the very small sort, like perhaps in the club newsletter, if that. It was a non-registered shoot, to encourage all members to participate and so some did who otherwise would not have. And you were not required to shoot all events. Some just shot one or two events and for those that only shot one, it was a real bargain, as all received a 'goody bag' at registration, dinner was provided, there was a drawing for some nice door prizes and all got a box of either 12 or 20 ga. ammo on the way out. This year's shoot was dedicated to one of our long time members who was the usual 'motivator' behind our annual club skeet championship who passed last year after a multiple year bought w/the big C, so it was special in that regard to many of us to shoot it. His presence is sorely missed and its was a nice salute to his legacy as a person that never had a bad day and simply sought solutions whenever a glitch appeared in anything he was involved with. Skeet was his passion and he was very very good at it. A truly good guy.
--

Will go to the other side of Ft. Worth today for their annual meeting to see who is elected to two open slots on the board and the awards presentations for the club's annual & monthly shoots. I've shot in many of the monthly skeet shoots for the four guns that alternate from 12 & 28 to 20 & .410 and in a few of the monthly trap shoots, but only in the 16 and caps events. They use a points system based on a combination of scores and number of shoots participated in, by event type and gauge, where applicable and a club buckle is awarded. I was notified that I've won the 28 ga. buckle for the year, in my class! Woot! It was a pleasant surprise and totally unexpected. I may do a bit of trap shooting, before the meeting starts @ 1 P, but will depend on how inspired I am to leave here early. It will be another hot day, for sure.
--

Feeling pretty good after some rest earlier, no pains whotsoever! :) 165#'s @ 4 A. Gonna pour a bourbon and go back to bed & get a few more hours of sleep. Got a lot of sun yesterday. Its 80° here presently w/RH 76% and not enough wind to spit at.

#473 ·
I hope not, but I've never won one of their annual buckles before, so not sure what to expect. Pretty sure it will be nice tho. :)

Whot are you doing up so late? Gathering moon beams, are ya? It will be a full moon tomorrow, so they say.

I'm gonna finish this restorative and hit the rack. :)

#477 ·
Morning.

Steady rain all night, and expected all day. Flood watch, but always is because so many people build alongside creeks and such. Would need to be biblical to affect myself or my ex. I need to go raise and re-caulk her kitchen sink, so hopefully the rain will keep most people home. I doubt it. :rolleyes:

AZ, do you take anything? The military prescribes Ambian for those with issues sleeping. Gets them out of fire guard..

#480 ·
Completely overlooked, Today be natter like a Pirate Day.'tis required that all speech be modified t' conform t' the Pirate vernacular.​

#498 ·
Aye matey!

Arrr, I've hoisted the Jolly Rodger for the day. You'd best take a likin' to it you'll end up as sharkbait.

Attachments

#484 ·
Avast ye bilge water sucking landlubbers; did y'all know walking the plank is a bloody fib? We just throw ya overboard if Sophia doesn't keel haul ya or toss yer heiny in the brig.

Got chilled last nite fishing and the Finn stingy with the heat after dint help. All of which had me quite tarred hence shelpt like the proverbial stone for 8hrs 19.5min..

58˚

#485 · (Edited)
Ahoy arr, mates, the suns to the sky, a bit 'o rhum in yer coffee will 'elp but not too much, if yer fixin' to be on the ropes or to the sky in the nest lookin' fer plunder on the 'orizon with the long me jolly me good eye. Aye, it be the wrong time to be a rhum dummy, but a wee dram o' courage 'as ne'er 'armed a gentleman o' fortune.
--

Fair and 72° at the Ft. Worth club's locus, RH 94%, wind calm heading to 95 or so later. Can ya say 'baked clam'?
--

Too bad ya can't 'urn yer garden into an LLP called 'Rhody's Vegetables' and let it make the truck payments. These days there might be a large enough farm subsidy to pay for it w/a forgivable loan.. or sumpin'. Nuthin' much surprises me, anymore. Seems all the landscapers here have fancy new crew cab $x$ pick 'em ups w/fancy-dancy-over-sized wheels and tyres & I expect the majority are being written off. Ain't magnetic signs just won'erful!

#489 ·
Megan Fox. A touch of pity-slash-sympathy. She wore a "make their heads explode" gown to that gala event and had the great misfortune of being next to AOC on the entry chute where the tabloid photogs gather. Not a peep about Fox's gown as the world either applauded or rolled their eyes at AOC's rather passé gown absolutely unworthy of note if not for the slogan across the back.

#494 ·
OK, who else here will admit they had to look her up to see who Megan Fox is? The only thing she’s been that I have seen is Jonah Hex and I can’t say I remember anything of that movie. When I looked her up I see she was born in Oak Ridge TN and she certainly looked radioactive in that red dress.

This post has been deleted
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.