Whats a reasonable price for MkIII Target Hunter? - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-05-2021, 11:27 AM
edlmann
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Nov 2006
Posts: 
5,974
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)


Log in to see fewer ads
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guns View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by edlmann View Post
You need to factor in the cost of converting to Mark II configuration for any Mark III purchase.
As you can tell, I am ignorant about Ruger Mk pistols. Why convert to MK 2 ? How to convert to MK 2 ? I did take the LCI out of one pistol, the other I will convert today.
Don't forget the LCI filler and custom bushing to eliminate the magazine disconnect.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-23-2021, 10:31 AM
jim2527

Join Date: 
Mar 2009
Location: 
Tampa, FL
Posts: 
270
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wproct View Post
This thread is going on 3 weeks old and I just wondered. Did the OP pull the trigger yet, or decide to pass. Just curious.<img src="https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Smilie" class="inlineimg" />
My inquiry was in regards to selling….

And yes, I decided to sell. Perhaps it’s priced high but it comes with all the original parts, 6 magazines, Ruger Target square notch rear sight, Volquatson trigger, accurizing kit, extended slide release and mag release conversion.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-23-2021, 11:22 AM
wproct's Avatar
wproct is online now

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Iowa
Posts: 
5,472
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the reply. I misunderstood, I do that alot.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-24-2021, 12:38 PM
Frankl03
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2011
Location: 
KCMO
Posts: 
71
TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Hi,

Where did you post it and how much did you list it for? Hope you don't mind me asking.

I just bought a Mk III hunter and paid a little more than I wanted to.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-24-2021, 01:01 PM
jazzsax8 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Location: 
Greeley, CO
Posts: 
353
TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
for me

Even if you go with the $500 recommendation which might be $50 low at top dollar, the 4 extra mags would easily net you $80 selling one at a time on eBay and the VQ accurizing kit another $80 in value especially installed and working well. Worth $660 minimum plus actual shipping in my book. Its small and stores easily and unless you need the money, take your time and it will sell.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-24-2021, 02:38 PM
wproct's Avatar
wproct is online now

Join Date: 
Dec 2006
Location: 
Iowa
Posts: 
5,472
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsax8 View Post
Even if you go with the $500 recommendation which might be $50 low at top dollar, the 4 extra mags would easily net you $80 selling one at a time on eBay and the VQ accurizing kit another $80 in value especially installed and working well. Worth $660 minimum plus actual shipping in my book. Its small and stores easily and unless you need the money, take your time and it will sell.
I also agree with this comment.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-24-2021, 04:58 PM
jim2527

Join Date: 
Mar 2009
Location: 
Tampa, FL
Posts: 
270
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankl03 View Post
Hi,

Where did you post it and how much did you list it for? Hope you don't mind me asking.

I just bought a Mk III hunter and paid a little more than I wanted to.

Thanks!
Armslist Tampa $700

As I said, it’s probably high.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-25-2021, 08:56 AM
jazzsax8 is online now
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Jun 2009
Location: 
Greeley, CO
Posts: 
353
TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
yes

Ran into your ad doing my daily nationwide search on Armslist using Volquartsen. Its a great ad with plenty of info. If you have it, the only thing you could add would be the actual trigger pull weight the VQ kit is allowing.

Not sure I would turn down a $675 local offer but with patience you will move it!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-25-2021, 09:17 AM
jim2527

Join Date: 
Mar 2009
Location: 
Tampa, FL
Posts: 
270
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzsax8 View Post
Ran into your ad doing my daily nationwide search on Armslist using Volquartsen. Its a great ad with plenty of info. If you have it, the only thing you could add would be the actual trigger pull weight the VQ kit is allowing.

Not sure I would turn down a $675 local offer but with patience you will move it!

Thanks for the kind words about my ad, I'll definitely update it!! Last time I measured pull weight was 1lb and change. All of the Volquartsen parts were added last fall and I bought it new in April of 2010.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-26-2021, 02:07 PM
JStacy
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

Join Date: 
Feb 2009
Location: 
Texas
Posts: 
4,829
TPC Rating: 
100% (31)
It seems at gun shows , in south central Texas, MKII&III prices are going down . It also seems that 22 pistols in general are going down ? Not sure why the prices seem to be dropping ? Maybe lack of 22 ammo or people are more interested in center fire pistols at this time. "Top dollar deals" are getting few and far between !
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-26-2021, 03:34 PM
jim2527

Join Date: 
Mar 2009
Location: 
Tampa, FL
Posts: 
270
TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JStacy View Post
It seems at gun shows , in south central Texas, MKII&III prices are going down . It also seems that 22 pistols in general are going down ? Not sure why the prices seem to be dropping ? Maybe lack of 22 ammo or people are more interested in center fire pistols at this time. "Top dollar deals" are getting few and far between !
Ammo’s not a problem here in Tampa. IMHO As ammo prices increased a lot people drifted .22LR as an economical alternative. Now that prices are settling back down people are probably going back to centerfires as you mentioned.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 PM.

Privacy Policy

DMCA Notice

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2000-2018 RimfireCentral.com
x