Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 08-21-2021, 12:30 PM
PEASHOOTER67
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Send a message via Yahoo to PEASHOOTER67

You are over thinking it.
Small shallow round or square pan then small flat “your choice” what ever with BB’s for a BB gun.
With a layer of BB’s sandwiched between two flat layers and 1/2” to an 1” of play in all directions will provide glass smooth movement in all directions with no loading other that the weight of material and gun.

Also need a way to level it.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Old 08-21-2021, 02:11 PM
US Army Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H. View Post
I guess I am kind of lost on your description. Any chance of making a little diagram? If I get it right you are going to allow the rear bag and rifle to recoil together. Under the bag will be a platform of such with rollers under it. Is this about right?

Rick H.
Yes
Old 08-21-2021, 07:48 PM
igolfat8
Fire Fighter Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PEASHOOTER67 View Post
You are over thinking it.
Small shallow round or square pan then small flat “your choice” what ever with BB’s for a BB gun.
With a layer of BB’s sandwiched between two flat layers and 1/2” to an 1” of play in all directions will provide glass smooth movement in all directions with no loading other that the weight of material and gun.

Also need a way to level it.

"The biggest communication problem is we don't listen to understand, we listen to reply"
Thanks for the idea. I am going to try it. BTW, I made a base out of wood to set a bag and also a rear mechanical rest on then installed a lazy Susan under it. It kind of worked to self align but I needed more lateral movement and your roller bed would provide just that.
Old 08-22-2021, 05:23 AM
Mistert

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
New to target shooting, been hunting 50 plus years, my problem is I can not find a comfortable rest other than a Caldwell lead sled, I’m wondering if you all think the minimal recoil from a 22 lr would be bad for the gun in the sled. I’m now looking at a rear roller rest and following this thread, but I am getting more confused as I read. Currently shooting 1750 on the unlimited ARA targets. Thanks for any recommendations you may have.