Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

gemtech or geco ammo

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Badlandsboy 
#1 ·
anybody using gemtech or geco ammo? I've been looking at it on line and was thinking I would try some. I have heard it is as good as any of the sk ammo people have been using. boy I hope that is true cause I would love to find a good ammo at a cheaper price!!

#2 ·
I have shot the Geco in 2 of my rifles and it shoots the same as Norma Tac22. Both are supposed to be made by RWS . A good lot of SK will out shoot both in my 2 CZ's . It's still good ammo for the prices being offered online . I picked up a couple bricks recently .

#4 ·
if I remember right gemtec has a 42 grain bullet right? is there any other lesser known of ammo makers making high quality subsonic ammo that could fall into match grade quality? I checked my ammo today and i'm down to just over 2 cases of sk standard plus, case and a half of sk rifle match and just under a full case of sk pistol match. still sitting on all my eley black and tennex for when I get the chance to go back to match shooting with the bolt guns.

#6 ·
we use sk standard plus for plinking. I found geco .22lr rifle and the fiocchi sub sonic hollow points on line tonight for a good price that our rifles all shot very well. ordered a case of fiocchi and 4 bricks of geco to test out in our rifles here at the house.

#14 ·
I have been shooting the Gem Tech ammo out of my 22's for several years now.
It is actually made by CCI to GemTech's specs. I bought the first couple of bricks out of desperation as I couldn't find any of my favorite 22lr ammo locally. I find that it shoots out of my CZ455 & Browning Tbolt and my Ruger 10/22 very well. I have bought another case of it after shooting up the first. It's good stuff. 2 of my 22's can stack them in, at under a 1/2 inch at 50yds. And the 3rd shoots them almost as well. I have found it at $500 a case delivered on line. It cycles in all my pistols and semi auto's , I have never had a FF with them either. The only stuff I have shot that is more accurate is stuff that runs two or three times the price :Blasting_

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.