Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-26-2019, 09:59 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Romanian M1969 Trainer

Here is my thread on the 1911 Forum's Rimfire section for my M1969 Romanian trainer. Really enjoying tinkering with it. Pretty accurate, and I think I can get it more so with some more bore cleaning. Gonna test it again next week with some Wolf Match Extra and SK Pistol Match Special.

Here's a pic of how it looks now, and a target. Shot at 25 yards off front and rear bags, 9X scope. The circled number on the target is the 4-shot average for the SK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1969 grn1.jpg (250.8 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg M69 scoped 1.jpg (248.1 KB, 24 views)
Old 10-28-2019, 08:25 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Bookmarking this thread on M1969 trigger work. Post #8.

M1969 bolt disassembly.

Firing pins for sale.

M1969 striker spring for sale.

New repro American black walnut stock for the M1969. (Click on "Other Brands".)

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 10-31-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 09:29 AM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Solved the feeding issue on the trainer.

I pulled the bolt out, knocked out the pin that holds the firing pin in place, so I could tip the FP up to get access to it. I then sanded it with 400/1000/1500 grit wet/dry sandpaper, cleaned out the channel it sits in with a pipe cleaner and Hoppes #9, then oiled the FP with Rem Oil. Reinserted pin.

With a little research, I discovered that the issue with these guns is the design of the firing pin being also the ejector. Two things have to be done: make sure the FP moves freely, as I did, and push the bolt forward smartly to make the FP go to the rear as you are loading a round. If you move the bolt forward slowly, the FP stays forward and gets in the way of the round being loaded.

Likewise, you want to snap the bolt back with good energy as well, to properly eject the spent round. Again it has to do with the design. I'm guessing that when they designed this gun, they didn't want to get into any patent-infringement lawsuits with Brno/CZ. So only one extractor and a sub-optimal FP/ejection system.

Other people have suggested as a fix to replace the bolt release's spring with a stronger one, since the bolt release also doubles as a restraint for the FP when pushing the bolt forward. Another guy said he put a small spring in the FP channel to help it stay back when not needed, but didn't explain how. Neither of these fixes is necessary.

BTW I received the two mags I bought from CSSpecs after buying the first one. The second two were supposedly blems, but I can't tell them apart from my non-blemished one. All function perfectly. At first one of them wouldn't take 5 rounds, so I just put in 4 and cycled them through the gun a few times, to loosen the spring. Now all hold 5 just fine, and cycle perfectly.

As break-in for the new mags, I took them apart (very easy), oiled the spring, sanded up to 1500 grit the front, rear and top of the follower; then oiled the front and rear of the follower. Probably overkill, but they do function very nicely. I loaded 5 rounds in each mag to help break the spring in some more, and left it that way until I go shoot it, probably tmw.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 12-01-2019 at 10:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2019, 08:16 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Picked up this receiver adaptor to change the super-narrow dovetail to a Weaver/pic style. They sell two different ones; so if you need this solution, order the KS-W23, not the other one. I did have to shim the pieces that grab the dovetail with some chrome tape (auto parts store, paint section), that is sticky on one side. Like using duct tape only thinner. I needed two layers on each place that grips the dovetail. It's holding on very tightly. I just ordered it four days ago, and it came today.

So here'e a pic of the adaptor itself, and one with a scope mounted. Now I can properly test this gun for accuracy, after having done some chamber/leade cleaning. Gonna shoot it on the 6th with the Wolf. Even with these low rings, the scope might still be a bit high for dialing it in vertically. We'll see; but I will still be able to check out the accuracy.

The brand-new $100 Hawke scope (22WMR, 4-12X, AO, model 14242) has red/green lighting for the south portion of the crosshair reticle. Yep, I paid $108 with tax at my fave LGS, which always seems to get good deals on stuff. This may have been overstock or something.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M1969 kwik base.jpg (337.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg M1969 Hawke.jpg (344.9 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 11-04-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 11-06-2019, 01:47 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Shot four 5-shot groups of Wolf ME today. The results were not worth taking a pic of; too inconsistent. I did get a .28" 5-shot and a .16" 4-shot, but that's about it. The SK Pistol Match Special seems to shoot a bit better, and is more available than my partial brick of the old Wolf ammo, so I'm not gonna waste any more Wolf on this gun.
Old 12-01-2019, 08:30 PM
12Bravo
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
These rifles are diamonds in the rough. Mine shoots really well with Federal Champion 510 ammunition. I probably should get a better scope for mine, the old Daisy 3-9 scope does okay at 25 yards
Old 12-01-2019, 09:51 PM
A square 10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
that one shoots great congrats
Old 12-01-2019, 11:31 PM
usmc69
US Marines Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (8)
Stretch them out to 50 yards and see what happens.
Old 12-02-2019, 06:44 PM
US Army Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I hope to do that Wed or Thurs, depending on which day is predicted to have better weather--i.e. less wind. I'll check that again on Wed morning.

Will shoot SK Pistol Match Special, and predict a 4-shot average of .35" - .40" at 50 yards.

Last edited by Tom_in_MO; 12-02-2019 at 06:50 PM.