Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:34 PM
Buzzsaw11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
rifle triggers

tried to have Volquatzen lighten my new rifles trigger lower than the 3lbs. kinda got a weak "maybe"

i just hate to have it worked on already . its a precision gun not a speed gun. i know Kidd offers a 1lb trigger
Old 10-17-2019, 02:27 PM
DrGunner
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw11 View Post
tried to have Volquatzen lighten my new rifles trigger lower than the 3lbs. kinda got a weak "maybe"

i just hate to have it worked on already . its a precision gun not a speed gun. i know Kidd offers a 1lb trigger
I’ve had both VQ & Kidd, the VQ was sold off some time ago.
Kidd triggers truly are in a class by themselves. In order to get down to 1 pound ordering from Kidd, you would have to order a two stage, which is what I use on my bench rest and offhand silhouette Kidd rifles. For general use, I recommend a Kidd single stage adjusted yourself. I have half a dozen Kidd single stages in my safe, and two of them I dialed down myself to just under or around 1 pound. There’s a trick to adjusting a Kidd single stage to under 1 pound. You simply follow their instructions for adjusting the trigger pull weight. If you want to find out how low one will go, keep dialing down and testing until you go too far, which is obvious as the sear will lock and you will not be able to drop the hammer. Not a problem, you simply go back the other way in 1/4 of 1/2 turn increments until it functions, then tweak from there. Obviously you then want to extensively bump test the rifle after adjusting for safety.

I know that you do not want to spend more money on what sounds like a new acquisition, but I guarantee a Kidd trigger will not disappoint.

DrGunner
Old 10-17-2019, 03:33 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
I don't understand why VQ doesn't use a better trigger on their rifles. I realize they probably can't use a Kidd trigger and sell it on their own rifles but maybe a BX sent off to Brimstone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2019, 05:08 PM
Buzzsaw11
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
thanks

Great replies, I will reach out to Kidd and Brimstone. I would need a smith here in my Frisco Texas area to fit and set it
Old 10-17-2019, 05:10 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzsaw11 View Post
Great replies, I will reach out to Kidd and Brimstone. I would need a smith here in my Frisco Texas area to fit and set it
You should be able to do it yourself no problem.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:51 PM
DrGunner

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
If you order a Kidd single stage set at 1.5lb,
Installation is as easy as sliding in 2 pins.

Or, you could save money by sending your VQ trigger group off to Brimstone.

That way your Volquartsen rifle is still all VQ, only better!

DrGunner

Last edited by DrGunner; 10-17-2019 at 05:56 PM.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Flash_80

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The TG2000 was a pretty slick piece years back, but has been passed up long since. VQ needs to re-do that one for the price it commands.
Old 10-29-2019, 05:27 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (26)
Just saw this thread, don't hang out in these parts of the forum very often. I did the same thing with my VQ trigger as DrG did, sold it and never looked back. I have a VQ stainless 10/22 clone receiver and a Kidd trigger works great in it. I have sold off most of my 10/22 clone stuff (never owned a Ruger 10/22), but my Kidd single stage is still around specifically for the VQ build, which is in parts right now. And no, it's not for sale....trigger or receiver. I wouldn't spend any money on a VQ trigger to get it 'fixed', but that's JMO. I would sell it and put those funds to a Kidd single stage and adjust it yourself to your liking. IMO the VQ was not only too heavy, but had other issues as well. Good luck with whatever you decide!