Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 10-20-2019, 06:42 PM
kseatm
US Air Force Veteran

TPC Rating: 
100% (50)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol shooter View Post
Lucky me, my youngest graduated with her Masters a couple years ago, I've been medically retired since 1999. Lucky you, your wife is tolerant of "that other woman" in your life, even if she is a rifle.
Best to you and yours.
Good for her! My oldest finished up this spring and is now sorting out his plan to get his Masters paid for by his employer. The youngest just got an offer upon graduation, but he is trying to get them to pay for his Masters as part of his acceptance. Both are lucky in that they are in STEM fields, so the potential is there for some nice careers.

My wife is happy whenever I'm not bothering her. For some reason, she thinks I act like a goober...personally not seeing it. But, she doesn't mind me messing with guns that much. Since I left Benchrest, I'm around a lot more. Which maybe is why she keeps telling me to find another hobby?

You've been retired for awhile! My issue is that I'm wondering what I'm going to do to fill my time. I can get myself in a bind when I have free time on my hands. Usually ends up being a funny story though...

Might come hang out on RFC again. There are only so many crazy russian driver videos on youtube.

Kenny
Old 10-20-2019, 10:22 PM
'ol shooter
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (124)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kseatm View Post

My wife is happy whenever I'm not bothering her. For some reason, she thinks I act like a goober...personally not seeing it. But, she doesn't mind me messing with guns that much.
Kenny
Our wives might be spiritual twins, or maybe it's just a "feminine trait".

I'm pretty infirm physically, so just keeping up with normal household repairs is plenty for me. Now and then I summon the strength to actually clean a few guns and load a few rounds. Don't get out to the range much, my son is in Physicians Assistant school and he is my shooting companion. Might be able to shoot more next year when he's finished, except now he has a baby in transit.