Better accuracy with the NAA Mini revolvers - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-15-2019, 01:48 PM
bearcatter

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoned View Post
Also, NAA's quality control is a bit lacking. I've seen some very roughly finished bores with junk rifling and burred muzzle crowning. The cylinders on the NAA's I've shot have locked up tight, though, and the exteriors were nicely finished.
I'm thinking you've seen some used guns, maybe that the bores weren't really clean? Or abused? I've never seen a bad bore, or more than a tiny tool mark on any new NAA. They have a reputation for great fit and finish. My NAA Guardian 32 was mark-free out of the box.

The front, and rear, sights on NAA revolvers are intended to work as well as they can for their size. Some owners monkey with them trying to get accuracy at a longer distance that's not practical. These are intended to be "get off me" guns, shot no farther than 10-20 feet, not target pistols.

There have been some issues with the sights on their newer breaktop revolver, the Ranger II, but I think those have been cured.

I'm on the NAA forum, and you can find lots of solid info and opinions there. I just have the Guardian semi-auto, no revolvers, but I still find them interesting.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 PM
lizardtrack
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
I tried one, was totally disappointed. I sent it back. It wouldn't hold poi. In bright daylight the gun was useless. I have a grip laser on my Smith kitgun that is super
Old 04-15-2019, 09:41 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
Man, that's the smallest pistol scope I ever see'd!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Skeeve
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

Lo-Cal So.Cal., where the money is plastic & the people are too!
TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toivo View Post
If you want to shoot an NAA mini more accurately, do yourself a big favor and get a set of CVang grips from revisioncv.com:

They add very little to the overall size of the gun, but they make a huge difference in shooting it.
Don't forget, they fit sloppy and you'll need to bed them w/ some epoxy to get a decent fit to the frame. Don't forget the mold release! [Wax, Pam, whatevs... just something to keep the epoxy from sticking to the gun while it sets up & adheres to the grips...] And they're still not as good for accuracy as the Secret Service grip that NAA sells, but do remain more concealable like the original bird's head grips.
Old 04-15-2019, 09:52 PM
lizardtrack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Bearcatter, where is this NAA Forum? I seem to be missing it. Thanks
Old 04-16-2019, 09:15 AM
billmeek

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
NAA Forum:

http://naaminis.com/

You can also go to the North American Arms website and click the 'Forums' link at the top of the page.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:41 AM
lizardtrack

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks alot.