Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

20" Barrel?? Different from others I've seen

809 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jungleman 
#1 ·
I was going through some spare parts to make a backpack build. I have a Butler Creek folding stock on order and want to assemble a light compact rifle. I grabbed this barrel and began to assemble when something just didn't add up. I got the ruler out and to my surprise it's a 20" barrel. It's also has a different crown than I've ever seen on a standard barrel. Instead of flat, it rounded like other manufactures use. Not sure when or where I acquired this one. Can anybody provide info on this?

See less See more
#4 ·
I got one of the 20" barrels from Shooter's Discount a few years back for my iron sighted gun. With the extra couple inches in front and the 8 or so inches extra with the Williams rear sight, I gained a huge amount of extra sight length. It's one of the most accurate guns I own. It's also the only iron sighted gun to make the list on the "headhunters" game in the super stock section.

#5 ·
Ruger made the "Rifle" version of the 10/22 for a couple years about 5 years ago with the 10/22RR model designation and it may have come from that too.

I am not sure if they had 20" or 22" barrels. No barrel band in a plain stock.

#6 · (Edited)
They had 20" barrels. They were listed in the 2006 Ruger catalog, but probably came out a year or so prior. The compact model (introduced in 2006) is modeled after it, but with a shorter stock and barrel.

It is apparently still produced as a distributor exclusive.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/1159.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.