My New-To-Me Unique Cooper...Unique In A Not Good Way - Page 2 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-04-2021, 09:10 AM
TEDDY BEAR RAT
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! UotM

TPC Rating: 
100% (36)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertFish View Post
And your TBR BS meter didnít peg when you heard this? Sorry TBR, but Iím going to have to throw a flag on that claim! The big question is how you plan to address the bare metal. Iím a fan of Blue Wonder, but I know there must be 50 other approaches.
LOL, actually it didnít trip my BS meter, but I guess it does sound strange. I guess he could have done it with some cleaning chemicals and was embarrassed to admit it...so he blamed it on wet spider web? I dunno, and I donít really care how it happened, since I got the rifle for a song, relatively speaking. Iíve probably purchased 10 Cooper M 38s from the guy, and all were pristine and at very good prices. And, if it didnít have the bluing loss, I might have just flipped it. The remedy for me is just very lightly throwing it on my matchless polishing wheel, thereís no corrosion, and throw it in the bluing tanks...but I probably wonít. Itís damaged enough for me to keep and use it.
TBR
Old 05-04-2021, 09:30 AM
joet333
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
Good choice TBR...that is a very nice rifle regardless of whatever caused the bluing loss. Sometimes those small imperfections make it more fun to take the rifle into the field. Enjoy.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:07 PM
pump .22s
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Sigh.....none of my friends own a Cooper....much less one they would let go at a good price.

But I'm glad you know such a person.