Barrel Liner 17 Caliber - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-26-2021, 09:10 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Barrel Liner 17 Caliber

Been looking around and I thought I found a 17 Caliber barrel liner that was like 32 inches long..Cannot find it now..I need to line a 28 inch barrel, and the one I found at Brownels however was only 25 inches..Any ideas..
Old 04-27-2021, 01:41 AM
comfisherman
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (6)
Send a message via AIM to comfisherman
Can't remember off the top of my head but have the company saved on my desktop at home I think. Sold 9 twist 17 cal liners by the inch as well as others. Was a falling block or black powder company. Was spendy, like more than half a barrel blank spendy but could get long lengths.

I'll follow up when I get home from this go around.
Old 04-27-2021, 03:21 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Thanks

I do not even know if this such a good idea. But I have a Winder Winchester Musket in .22..It is non matching parts,wood, and the 22 LR bore is kinda bad..I would like to reline and chamber it for 17 Mach II.

I have toyed with the thought of lining it with a 25 inch liner and leave it counter bored so to say..

Kinda like they used to counter bore the M1 Carbines and Garands in the US Arsenal rebuilds when they had muzzle wear..I could turn a insert on the Lathe and fill the last few inches with a "dummy" section too....Probably a crazy idea but it would work I suppose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2021, 08:01 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Well I ordered the 26 Inch liner and a new Piloted Drill Bit..I a decided I will make a insert for a False Muzzle to make up the difference..

Will keep you updated on the progress, and if it works out or not..Hope so, as I really like the Mach II round.. I can do the Mach II for the same price as relining for 22 Long Rifle..So I think it will be a good decision..I have lots of 22 LR..But I have quite a bit of Mach II to dispose of also
Old 04-29-2021, 03:33 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
I made a action wrench and separated the Barrel from the Receiver this morning..Went perfect.

Liner, drill, wood set and Chamber Reamer Rental should all be here early next week..Moving along anyway..
Old 05-04-2021, 08:55 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Barrel is drilled for the liner..Reamer should be coming sometime?

The new wood arrived and I am very happy with it..Looks really nice..Thanks
Old 05-10-2021, 07:19 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
All lined/Chambered and back together..My Malcom 6X "Vintage" Scope came today, will get it mounted this week when the bases arrive..It is a old period Scope but new made to look like a Vintage Malcom, but modern internals..