Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 04-20-2021, 08:31 AM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik72 View Post
Me too! All good here. As an AR22 addict, I just want share the love! I'm actually waiting for another one. All this talk of the RRA, JP, Nordic got me spun up over that bolt design. I ordered a JP upper off of optics planet.
Are there any nice hotels near you? We're planning the intervention and we need to know where to book.
Old 04-20-2021, 12:32 PM
Erik72
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
Are there any nice hotels near you?
Just down the road from the Mouse House...plenty of nice places to stay!
Old 04-29-2021, 03:41 PM
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRBombay View Post
This is a great thread, and RRA is where I'm leaning. Did they give you an estimated lead-time when you ordered?

Thnx
My credit card just got hit for the upper. 03/24/2021 to 4/29/2029. I've waited longer for my last air pistol.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 05-03-2021, 03:04 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Upper showed up today via UPS. RRA coded things so I couldn't redirect so I had to take a half day vacation to be at home. I'm looking forward to shooting it when the weather is better.

One sad note, I had to pull a few rifles out of the safe to get to my service rifle to mount the new upper on. My size 13 foot caught my 453V and knocked it over breaking out two chunks of the forearm. I guess I'll borrow the scope off of it to test out the new upper. Making the best of a bad situation.

5/4/2021 RRA called and emailed. Said they did not restrict the shipment to my home only. Said next time to request hold at depot when ordering to avoid problem. They said that many of their orders are held at depot by customers so they don't know what is up with UPS. UPS is generally my least painful choice.

Last edited by Szumi; 05-04-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-03-2021, 10:28 PM
Wjewell69

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lead times right now are 6 plus months. Ordered 2 uppers back in October and received both after about 4.5 months. One was A lar-22 CMP. The other a .450 BM. Also built a dedicated .22 upper with the JP barrel kit. Both . 22 uppers shoot well. The RRA had the edge just because of fit and finish. I eventually tore the JP apart and polished all the edges of the feed ramp, ejector, and the chamber. The JP was shaving the bullet pretty bad. Both BCG are the same as the Nordic. Definitely of the three the RRA is the way to go. They even offer a 3g upper now.
Old 05-11-2021, 04:35 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I took it out to shoot it Sunday. Wind was bad, the back stop is rabbit wire and the wind kept knocking my target down. It did feed and function with CCI Blazer and CCI SV. Looking forward to shooting it on a calm day.

Old 05-11-2021, 07:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Do you live in between Death Valley and Vegas, as I do? A "good day" (like tomorrows forecast) is winds of 7 to 10 MPH.
With Nordic recommending HV ammo, I find it a great thing how well these RRA/Nordic uppers/rifles do with SV ammo.