Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Cooper M36...pic

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Camster 
#1 · (Edited)
My first-year production M36, the 11th out of the factory, and the only one I'm aware of with the chamber cut to Bill Calfee's specifications.

See less See more
#2 ·
I was reading Dean's post, dated 3-27-2007 and by clicking the edit button there was a missing huntingpictures photo.

I restored the exact photo that Dean originally posted and I added 5 more of his beautiful gun.

I plan to restore Dean's missing photos when I read his posts, as best as I can.

Sadly, Dean passed away at 68 on Dec. 7, 2020 from Lymphoma cancer.

He'll be deeply and greatly missed, especially by me.

Marilyn [Dean's Loving Wife]

:F

#3 ·
Cooper M36. Ser# 11DTG

Hi;
Recently purchased Cooper M-36 #11DTG in auction. Just happened to be on rimfire central trying to see if there was any information on how to get the bolt out of the gun, a little tricky.
I happen to come across some of Dean's old posts from when he purchased the rife and the history of the gun. I originally thought I was buying a nice squirrel rifle and was surprised to find out that the gun was set up more for bench rest shooting with a pretty tight chamber. I'm glad I found his posts or I would have been pretty upset when I went to feed in a cartridge in the chamber and couldn't close the bolt or extract the case. Now I can't wait to get some good ammo and see how well I can shoot this gun. Dean clued me in on all the details of shooting this gun in his blogs which I am so thankful for.
I followed along and came across some of the other blogs that his wife Marilyn had posted, also very interesting. Pictures of the rifle and the original target that was shot by the Cooper folks when made.I have been emailing Marilyn to see if she happened to have the box, target and any other paperwork that might be available for the rifle but I haven't gotten any response and I 'm not even sure if My emails are going through.
Does anyone who was a friend of Dean's or Marilyns know how I might get in touch with her? I would like to follow up and see if she had any of the material that was with the rifle available.
Any help would be appreciated.
Gary Marino
gdspt@yahoo.com

#5 ·
The odds of finding value adders that haven't followed the gun are pretty remote.
I'm not the only one that doesn't put much value in cardboard boxes, especially when I figured, (wrongly) that the gun would never be sold.

That said, it's not impossible.

For a 1911 car that my father sold in 1960, I was able to send 1950 era paperwork, some written by the founder of that car company, to its current owner in Germany just a couple of years ago, so miracles can happen.
He had found my one time post on an obscure site. I had also donated a lot of material to an author in the 1980s, so having what I still did, was wild stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.