Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 02-22-2021, 06:19 PM
ellwood10
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Question on Sako 11mm bases

Anyone use the Sako 11mm rail bases on their Sako or T1x and could help me with a measurement?

I need to know the thickness of the bases as shown below. This will help me determine if my rings are high enough before I order the bases (Sako S11862354).

TIA

Old 02-22-2021, 08:27 PM
62Ranger13
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just using a ruler here, 9/32 inch (7 mm).
Old 02-22-2021, 08:49 PM
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (262)
If I might make a suggestion. Unless you are fully committed to using those bases, I would suggest you consider an alternative. I have several Sakos -- FinnFires and Quads -- and use J&P adapters on most of them. You can use any Weaver-style scope ring with those adapters. My favorite is the Burris Signature ZEE rings. Unless you are mounting a scope with an objective larger than 44mm AO or 50mm SF, the Medium height rings will work fine.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2021, 08:49 AM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
I have a 4-16x44 Weaver Grand Slam on mine with the Optilock setup, really looks good. As Doug stated the Burris are great also, and if you want a rail, then that would be the way to go. If you are looking for a nice sleek look then the Optilocks are the way to go. On the Burris, I just dont like that big screw head protruding out. Of course that is on the rimfire rings, if you go with the Weaver style its not bad.

Last edited by Noknot; 02-23-2021 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-23-2021, 02:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (262)
The J&P adapters are actually smaller than the Sako bases. And as NoKnot said, the Signature ZEE rings have no knob extending from the base, instead the cross screw used to tighten the base has small T-15 head.

Below is a pic showing a pair of Burris Signature ZEEs mounted in J&P adapters on an Anschutz 1712.

Doug
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2695.jpg (407.1 KB, 6 views)
Old 02-23-2021, 05:43 PM
dgeesaman

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Just echoing everything Doug said. J&P delrin for all of my Sako and Anschutz rimfires.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:10 PM
ellwood10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
If I might make a suggestion. Unless you are fully committed to using those bases, I would suggest you consider an alternative. I have several Sakos -- FinnFires and Quads -- and use J&P adapters on most of them. You can use any Weaver-style scope ring with those adapters. My favorite is the Burris Signature ZEE rings. Unless you are mounting a scope with an objective larger than 44mm AO or 50mm SF, the Medium height rings will work fine.

Doug
Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it.

I have a set of Optilock rings in my parts stash I was hoping to use but not sure if the bases are tall enough for what I need.
Old 02-23-2021, 08:39 PM
coontz74

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgeesaman View Post
Just echoing everything Doug said. J&P delrin for all of my Sako and Anschutz rimfires.
As a side note: where can someone (me) find the adapters? Iíve looked several places and canít find them or my Googlefu is not very good....
Old 02-23-2021, 08:54 PM
ellwood10

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by coontz74 View Post
As a side note: where can someone (me) find the adapters? I’ve looked several places and can’t find them or my Googlefu is not very good....
https://www.jnpgunsprings.com/search?keyword=adapters

Last edited by ellwood10; 02-23-2021 at 08:56 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:06 AM
coontz74

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellwood10 View Post
Thank you for the link but it does say these do not fit the Quad rounded top 11mm and that is what I have....

Any suggestions? Or do these fit on a Quad?
Old Yesterday, 10:10 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (262)
You are correct -- the J&P adapters work well on a FinnFire, but the J&P description says they will NOT work on a Quad. HOWEVER, I have two Quads -- one wears a DIP rail using Burris Signature ZEE scope rings; the other uses J&P adapters with Burris Signature ZEE scope rings. How could that be? Well, the "rounded" top of the receiver rail on the Quad has such a modest radius, that I decided to try a pair of the J&P adapters I had for a FinnFire. And Voila! They fit the rail and there was so little interference with the top of the rail it made zero difference once I mounted the Burris rings and tightened them down. They've been on there for many months and rounds with no problem. YMMV...

Doug
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM
coontz74

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbr65 View Post
You are correct -- the J&P adapters work well on a FinnFire, but the J&P description says they will NOT work on a Quad. HOWEVER, I have two Quads -- one wears a DIP rail using Burris Signature ZEE scope rings; the other uses J&P adapters with Burris Signature ZEE scope rings. How could that be? Well, the "rounded" top of the receiver rail on the Quad has such a modest radius, that I decided to try a pair of the J&P adapters I had for a FinnFire. And Voila! They fit the rail and there was so little interference with the top of the rail it made zero difference once I mounted the Burris rings and tightened them down. They've been on there for many months and rounds with no problem. YMMV...

Doug
Thank you Doug....this is the information I was hoping to receive. A set will be ordered today.

I have been using BKL rings and while they function great, I am not impressed with the looks..

Thanks again.
Old Yesterday, 10:21 AM
Noknot

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Here is T1x with Optilock:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1825 (3).jpg (360.9 KB, 4 views)