Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

July Fun Shoots

7K views 145 replies 15 participants last post by  Shorty123 
#1 · (Edited)
Happy Independence Day!!!

:F :F :F :F :F :F

June was going along good when an unseasonably HOT spell of weather hit us... :eek:hh:
Things are back to being summertime normal now.

Have a safe and sane 4th.

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class (CL-1 only) is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20014.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 3 shots at the each bundle. (All 4 of them.)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines score 10 Points
Shots touching the line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0

Max. Score 120

Shoot @ 8x

Class II Scoped Target here

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each stick, (all 12 of them)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots touching the outer line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shots at each head of the stick (All 12 of them).

Best edge scores 10 Points

Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_023.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at the each bull. (All 4 of them.) 7, 8, 9 and 10.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines score 10 Points
Shots touching the line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0

Max. Score 120

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_023.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull. (all 4 of them)

Only hit the center rings (8, 9 and 10) on the bull...

Nicks count 5, shots outside score 0 points

Max score 120 points.

Class III Irons
Target here:

Class III Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bundle. (all 4 of them)

Nicks count 5, shots outside score 0 points

Max score 120 points

(you might want to color these for visibility)

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy! Stay safe!

:F

Attachments

See less See more
#123 ·
A 527 in .223. Single set trigger.

It does 3/8" at 50 yards. I can't complain...

#125 ·
Nice shootin' Ray ...:bthumb:

Does yours have the single set trigger? I have 452s and 455s, but no 453s.

My bad!

#127 ·
Nice shootin' Ray ...:bthumb:

Does yours have the single set trigger? I have 452s and 455s, but no 453s.

My bad!

Yes Stan it does have a single set trigger. I really like it, it was a pawn shop find that I looked at several times before I finally bought it. The only thing that kept it from selling faster was it didn't have a clip, which I used in my bartering.;) I am ashamed to admit that I paid $275 for it in 2018! I now keep my eyes peeled for any 453, I'm not sure but I think most all have the single set trigger, a definite plus in my opinion! I wondered if the set trigger would disqualify that rifle from the class one even though it it is OEM? I would like to put a little bigger scope on it because I believe it might be a tack driver, but the 9X scope and my older eyes limit my accuracy. You've picked some great targets this month again as always Stan, and the shooting is tremendous!
I also need to wish Oystein a belated birthday! Hope it was a great one!

#130 ·
Last 2 targets in July.

RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: C1 120/120 ,Class: C1
Scope: Bushnell 2-7 @6,
Rifle make: Winchester 9422, Ammo: My last Remington Golden bullets HP
Weather conditions: Overcast, light wind, +17C/62F

I forgot the support for the front. So I used some pillows I found on the shooting range for support. Not the best but in need :eek:

#131 · (Edited)
RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 110/120 ,Class: C1
Scope: Bushnell 2-7 @6,
Rifle make: Winchester 9422, Ammo: Federal bulk blue 525 box with 36 grs HP copper plated.
Weather conditions: Rain, light wind, +17C/62F

I forgot the support for the front. So I used some pillows I found on the shooting range for support. Not the best but in need, and to top it of it startet to rain so I hurried to finish. Pulled 2 shots out :(

#132 ·
Good job Øystein... :bthumb: :bthumb:

That Winchester seems to do okay on Remington ammo :)

#133 ·
Thanks Stan!

I was suprised that the old Rem ammo was that good. It must be least 20-25 years old. The Federal have been good ammo, it was the lack of support and stress that made the flyers. But I dont have much of them either :(

The Winchester is like most woman, she like the expensive stuff :D
I do have some boxes of American Eagle HP in 50 round boxes I'll try with her for the August targets :bthumb:

#139 ·
... :eek: "landslide", "flood", "torrential rain" and heavy lightning :( ....

So no need to say, Im not going to shoot today :D
Bad weather day?

That sounds like a day to shoot airguns...

Stay safe!

#140 ·
Thanks buddy! Its poring down today :eek:

Thanksfully I live in flatt terretory with no big large streams or rivers close by the house to make problems. But I had a quick trip to town and the rain was making the roads to smal rivers :eek:

Hoping you have some nice targets ready for us in August Stan! :bthumb:

#141 ·
More great shooting since I last posted. Good work from Stan, Ken, Ray and Jack.

We now have bear statues as well from Jack, and I think photos from the dog park are always welcome also. :D Though I must admit, I never did find a German Shepard in that shot.......

Stay safe over there Øystein, it doesn't sound like shooting weather.

Being that the class 2 and 3 scoped targets were so tough this month, I decided to shoot offhand instead of frustrate myself on them. My little Rossi with a 4 power scope is no match for the shooters and hardware that shot them, so I had to bow out. But I finally cleared a class 2 and 3 irons target, even though they were on the easy side this month.

And I think I've seen a first that I recall, even though I'm fairly new here. Not a single person has scored a 120 on the CL2 scoped. Not for a lack of trying with some really strong shooting. That just goes to show how tough that target is this month!

#143 ·
Well I finally got the targets to upload right side up, that pretty well max's out my technical ability on the computer! Great targets Stan, and wonderful shooting by all! I'm off to the New England states for a couple of weeks good luck to all in August!

RFC Alias: Raydar First name: Ray
Score w/ bonus: 95/120 Class II Scoped
Scope 3 x 9 Sightron @9 Iron sights: NA
Rifle make: CZ 453 Ammo: Ely Club
Weather conditions: 33 yards Indoors
Excuses: That target is unforgiving!

RFC Alias: Raydar First name: Ray
Score w/ bonus:110/120 Class: III Scoped
Scope: Burris 4x12 @12 Iron sights: N/A
Rifle make: Ruger 10/22 Ammo: Eley Target
Weather conditions:Indoors @ 33 Yds
Excuses:Thanks to the best edge scoring!

Attachments

#145 ·
Fine shooting Ray... :bthumb: :bthumb:

Have a good trip, we'll see ya when you get home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.