Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

March Fun Shoots

9K views 220 replies 17 participants last post by  Merle 
#1 ·
It's March, signs of spring around the corner :t

St. Patrick's day is fast approaching...

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10108.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at the each bull. (All 6 of them.)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line on the target background score 10 Points
Shots touching the line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 120

Shoot @ 8x

Class II Scoped Target here

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20040.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each annoying little troll hat on the target, (all 12 of them)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots touching the outer line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_113.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull (All 12 of them).

Aim for the center of the bull, best edge counts for 10 points.

Any other shots count 0

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10136.pdf
Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull (all 4 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Give yourself a 5 point bonus for any 3 shot group that is in the white part of the bull :)

Max score 120 points, max bonus 20 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/match/m7.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each animal. (all 4 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points.
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 120 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/match/m8.pdf

Class III Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull, (all 4 of them)

Now... score them! :eek: (best edge)

Max score 120

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy! Stay safe!

:F

See less See more
#124 ·
Bravo Lee, Joe and Jack... :bthumb: :bthumb: :bthumb:

Are you ready for Spring??

#151 ·
Thanks Hank, I'm really enjoying the rifle more with irons than I did with a scope.
It ran pretty much neck and neck with its stable-mate, the CZ, when both were scoped, but it's a harder rifle to shoot accurately because of the light weight.
It'd make one heck of a squirrel gun though!

#133 ·
Holy cow, Sean shot them all!

Good shooting at any rate... :bthumb: :bthumb: :bthumb:

#138 ·
Good shooting Øystein... :bthumb:

That's really good for the CCI. :t

#140 · (Edited)
RFC Alias, leej, First Name Lee
Score, 100/120, 120/120 Class I Irons
Sights: Factory blade & post
Rifle Make, CZ 457 Trainer
Weather Conditions, 9C/48F, S 12-23 mph sunny
Excuses, was going to pass this one up but thought it may help me do better on the class II irons. Got a lot of bonus point on the right hand target.

RFC Alias, leej, First Name Lee
Score, 105/120, 105/120 Class II Irons
Sights: Factory blade & post
Rifle Make, CZ 457 Trainer
Weather Conditions, 9C/48F, S 12-23 mph sunny
Excuses, this is all me not the gun or ammo

I really wanted to clean this CII silhouette targets. It's not my setup if you look at the CI nice groups and rather consistent. These are tough and require more patience and practice.

Leej:D

#143 ·
Nice shooting guys, some great targets shot this weekend ,,:bthumb: we are building quite a group of shooters here,, Welcome first time shooters.:t

Got a little shooting in this evening after I got done doing my honey do list ,,
Stepped down to shooting SK this week , I can really tell the difference between it and my Eley Target, but still not to bad, here’s the best two targets for the day..

PJ / John
Scoped II & III
CZ At-One
Vortex Diamondback 6-24x50
SK Rifle Match,,
Overcast calm and warm :D another beautiful day in the south..:Blasting_:Blasting_
EX: Ammo and stopped half way through shooting to clean my gun thinking that might be why I’m having small inconsistency :confused::D

Attachments

#146 ·
(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.
Would this be "what should be normal" price or what you paid?

Even mini-mags are above this ($8.99/100 at my WalMart, and I don't believe they are gouging)..

#148 ·
The going price that you paid.

I often shoot Geco and AutoMatch for cheap stuff.

#149 ·
Yes sir,, up to this point I've had good ones , but I just broke into a new lot # and it doesn't seem to be as good as what I've been using,, unfortunately I have 4 bricks of this number,, but I guess with things the way they are , I'm still happy to have lots of ammo to shoot.. :bthumb:
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.