Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

February Fun Shoots

9K views 209 replies 15 participants last post by  Signmaster 
#1 ·
It's February already, sheesh!!

St. Valentine's day. You got your sweetie something special, didn't you?

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/silhtgts/silhtar-09.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 5 shots at the each animal. (All 2 of them.)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line on the target background score 10 Points
Shots touching the outer line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 100

Shoot @ 8x

(Note: these are 1/5 scale. I used to shoot the very same targets at 100 yards.)

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/users/01/12_dimes.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each dime on the target, (all 12 of them)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_089.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each target (All 15 of them).

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots outside score 0

Max score 150

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://competitions.nra.org/documents/pdf/compete/silhtgts/silhtar-10.pdf
Class I Irons

Shoot 5 shots at each animal (all 2 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 100 points

(Note: these are 1/5 scale. I used to shoot the very same targets at 100 yards.)

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/Target-Black-Four.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull. (all 4 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points, only use the black and the red center for score
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 120 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/users/01/5_halfdollars.pdf

Class III Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each coin, (all 5 of them)

Completely in the coin, score 10; nicks count 5; outside count 0

Max score 100

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy! Stay safe!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Oh yeah... Outline them or fully color them in.

Just be sure that you can see the lines on the targets :)

:F

Attachments

#10 ·
Over here we've got wet, wet, WET to last all week.

Ah, well... That's what airguns were made for :t

We have to make the best of it, eh?

#11 ·
RFC Alias, Shorty123, First name Jack
Score 100 ,Class I Irons
Iron sights, Factory
Rifle make, Win. 9422, Ammo, CCI SV
Weather conditions 33 and Cloudy and Light wind

Thanks Stan.:bthumb: I will re-shoot and go to the crayons if target dot is not permitted.
The Ole John Wayne rifle was shooting to the left today so I dialed in some Kentucky windage on the bottom critter.

Attachments

#13 ·
Starting it off right Jack... :bthumb:

Any way you can see the target better is okay with me!

Rainy day here

RFC name: COW 54 First name: Stan
Score: 100/100; Class: C-1
Rifle: (AIRGUN) Izhmash (Russian) IZH-60, Ammo: Crosman Premier 7.9gr (.177)
Sights: Factory post & notch
Weather: 45 deg, rainy day
Excuses: This is the nearest thing to an entry-level airgun that I have. Good plinker!

Attachments

#16 ·
I only have 5, no 6 airguns. They ship to your address and ammo is plentiful, what's not to like?

I just ordered 2,500 rounds for less than seventy bucks delivered. :t

I like what you did (with the target dots). Had to try it for myself, I brought out a different rifle..

Score: 100/100; Class: C-1
Rifle: (AIRGUN) Weihrauch HW95, Ammo: RWS Meisterkuglen (.177)
Sights: rear, Russian (snagged off a CM-2); front, Parker-Hale
Weather: 45 deg, rainy day
Excuses: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a mid '40 era camera

Attachments

#15 ·
Getting a first day run on the February targets.

RFC Alias: Pipes1, First name: Robert
Score: 120/120, Class: 2
Scope: Vortex Strike Eagle 2-25x56 at 12x,
Rifle make: CZ 457 Precision Chassis, Ammo: SK Standard +
Weather conditions: 70 degrees and light winds
Excuses: Nope

RFC Alias: Pipes1, First name: Robert
Score: 135/150 Class: 3
Scope: Vortex Strike Eagle 2-25x56 at 25x,
Rifle make: CZ 457 Precision Chassis, Ammo: SK Standard +
Weather conditions: 70 degrees and light winds
Excuses: Nope

Attachments

#17 ·
That's a pair of nice targets Robert... :bthumb: :bthumb:

...one day into Feb. and the range is hot!

#22 ·
Great selection of targets Stan challenging us all. It will be 12 weeks to get released after emergency triple by-pass. Went well and got home today with a good start on recovery. I will be getting in the irons and scoped with the air rifle through if it ok with everyone.

Great shooting Jack with the Oak Leaf lever and Stan with his air rifles. John great targets buddy. Last targets I saw from you with the air rifle have great improvement.

Happy Shooting Everyone

Leej:D

#24 ·
Great selection of targets Stan challenging us all. It will be 12 weeks to get released after emergency triple by-pass. Went well and got home today with a good start on recovery. I will be getting in the irons and scoped with the air rifle through if it ok with everyone.

Great shooting Jack with the Oak Leaf lever and Stan with his air rifles. John great targets buddy. Last targets I saw from you with the air rifle have great improvement.

Happy Shooting Everyone

Leej:D
I went thru the same thing about 6-1/2 years ago. Double bypass.

Glad to be alive. ...and kicking!

Take care!

#25 ·
Nicely done John... :bthumb: :bthumb:

I don't know if I've seen the H&R or not. It seems like a good one!

Oh BTW it is still raining in this neck of the woods, so...

Score: 100/100; Class: C-3
Rifle: (AIRGUN) 853 Daisy/Avanti (Conroe), Ammo: ELEY Ventus (.177)
Sights: Stock Daisy issue
Weather: 44 deg, heck of a rainy day
Excuses: Offhand & standing :cool: (it wasn't easy, I had to time my wobbles just right)

Attachments

#28 ·
Plenty of good shooting covering several classes already. Jack, Stan, Robert and John.... :bthumb:

Might have to pull out some decent ammo and see if I can hit those little dimes with the Rossi. Not sure I can group them that tight with a 4x scope.... but I'll probably find out soon.

Finally got my front sight inserts in as well, so hopefully I can see if I get the Remington dialed in enough to test my eyes out on the irons targets. :D

#29 · (Edited)
Score 115/120,Class II Irons
Iron sights, Factory
Rifle make, Win. 9422, Ammo, CMP Eley bulk
Weather conditions 30 and Sunny and Breezy

Score 55/100,Class III Irons
Iron sights, Factory
Rifle make, Win. 9422, Ammo, CMP Eley bulk
Weather conditions 30 and Sunny and Breezy

Nice shooting everyone.:bthumb: And Thanks Stan! I was drifting the rear sight today to get this one shooting to POA. So I just hung a couple of targets. Class II is acceptable but Class III was fruitless. The open sighted rifle was way above its pay grade. The bead on the front sight was actually obscuring the coin. But it was fun.:D I probably should have elevated the rear sight and used a 6 oclock hold.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.