Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

November Fun Shoots

10K views 183 replies 13 participants last post by  PuddleJumper65 
#1 · (Edited)
All Hallow's Eve has passed (thankfully).

It must have been something in the water...

BAWHahaha!!

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20040.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each gnome, all 12 of 'em.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 120

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each hat on the gnome, (all 12 of them)

Hats count for 10 points, touching a line 5 points, misses count 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each beard on the gnome. (All 12 of them)

Beards (including mouth parts) will get you 10 points

Shots touching a line count 5

Shots outside score 0

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/Target-Black-Four.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull. Dead center or all of the black only. (all 4 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 120 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/20025.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 1 shot at each bird. (all 14 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 140 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_101.pdf

Class III Irons (print 2 targets)

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 12 of them)

Now count 'em up, best edge

Max score 120, 12X. In order to score an "X" little x marked on the bull must be missing.

I know you can do it!

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

See less See more
#141 ·
Nasty Gnomes

The gnomes have been put to sleep, hopefully forever. There is something about these miniature beings that brings out the worst in my ammo :mad:

RFC Alias,_chucker25__, First name___randy
Score w/ bonus__110/120 hats 100/120 beards
Scope_4-16 @ 12_____________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,_Ruger Prec rimfire_______, Ammo,_SK Rifle Match for hats and Federal Automatch for beards________
Weather conditions_Cold & gusty
Excuses_ I wish I had an excuse :(

Attachments

#142 ·
Good job Randy... :bthumb:

You got some good results with the Auto-Match :)

When are you getting an air rifle, winter is just around the corner...
(And they're a lot of fun.)

#143 ·
Good job Randy... :bthumb:

You got some good results with the Auto-Match :)

When are you getting an air rifle, winter is just around the corner...
(And they're a lot of fun.)

As long as our club doesn't get covid-closed I will shoot outdoors thru the winter. It was a lot of fun last winter braving the elements. Air rifle will only be considered if the club is closed down.

#146 · (Edited)
It's still raining, a dull and dreary day.

Oh well...

RFC name: COW 54 First name: Stan
Score: 120/120 6x; Class: C-3
Rifle: **AIRGUN** Daisy/Avanti 853 (Conroe), Ammo: H&N Sport (.177)
Sights: Daisy iron sights
Weather: 45 deg, raining, inside shooting at 10 yards
Excuses: 2 clicks UP to compensate for the rain.

#150 · (Edited)
Thanks y'all..

Black Friday it looks like the range will be open for business as usual, unless the Woo-Hu lockdown interferes. :) :) :t

I've got some new ELEY Team that needs testing.

#155 ·
RFC Alias, leej, First Name Lee
Score w/bonus 100/120 Class III scope
Scope Night Force ATACR7-35x56 12x
Rifle Make, Vudoo V22, Center X
Weather Conditions, 11C/54F, W 13 mph mostly sunny
Excuses, shot off a Atlas bi-pod not really ideal

I really expected to do better but was handicapped with the setup. Will get that corrected hopefully before the end of the month.

Lee:D

#160 ·
Good shooting Lee.

And Stan, you're making me want an airgun again.

Glad to see someone here didn't get beat up by the gnomes as bad as some of us have. I have to admit that I was feeling at least a little better when I realized that so many good shooters were dropping points on those little things. I was sure I just had a crap day at the range or something!

But it's all good. We learn from the challenge.

#163 · (Edited)
Got busy getting ready for Turkey guests this weekend so didn’t get out and shoot,,

But had to share this with someone who could appreciate it ,,,
I’m so excited,, and about a air gun,, haven’t had one sence I was a kid,,,lol
Got a Air Arms TX200 in .177 on the way... officially it’s a Christmas present so won’t be able to play with it for a little while :rolleyes: but I can’t wait.. :Blasting_
Hope it shoots as good as it looks...
:bthumb:
John

#165 ·
Air Arms has a good rep.

Use a good quality ammo, and you will be rewarded!

#168 ·
Greyknife - Ralph
Class II Scope
Mossberg 142K Rifle
Hornady Tac 22 LR ammo
Scope 7X
25 Yards

Yesterday only 29 degrees Fahrenheit at the range, but had fun shooting an old Mossberg that has not been used for years. Got this used as a gift from my new Father in Law back in the early 60's. This scope is terrible and I am going to put a better scope on it as this rifle can shoot OK even with this ammo. This is the only target shot with the Mossberg yesterday. Score is not great, but fun to shoot it. Maybe December I can show off results with a better target.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.