Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

October Fun Shoots

15K views 239 replies 15 participants last post by  LeeJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Fall is here!

I want to go easy on you guys for a change... :rolleyes:

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_007.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each bull. Keep it in the round parts.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 100

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_022.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 5 of them)

Max score 100

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

http://freepdfhosting.com/55c8c1065f.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 10 of them)

Shots outside score 0

Count 'em for score, best edge. To get an "X" the entire circle of the 10 ring will be missing.

Max score 100 10x

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/match/m7.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each animal.

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 120 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/6-diamonds.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull (all 6 of them) (black and the white parts count)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points

Max score 120 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3492314/6barney-pdf-january-28-2012-3-35-am-528k?da=y

Class III Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 6 of them) (1" sticky dots work well)

Max score 120

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

My score for today, baby Box Brownie. 1934 - 1941

See less See more
#45 ·
Can't believe I haven't posted yet this month:confused:

GOOD SHOOTIN LAST MONTH EVERYONE :Blasting_

Great shottin to start the month Øystein :)

Nice job John:t

Pretty lookin :eek:hh: nice shootin Anschutz Kevin

:Welcome:Welcome to The Fun Shoot Signmaster:wave: and nice job :bthumb:

Lonny

#46 ·
Well I spent the day on and off chasing X's on the class 3.
Started at 47F went up to 56F and down to 55F when done.

Used my DJ build Anschutz 64 and for the first time ever RWS R50, I think I like it :eek:

Shot 9 targets here are the results in order.
100 5x
100 1x
100 3x
100 5x
100 5x
100 5x
98 7x
100 4x
100 6x

Name: nfcracin- Lonny
Class 3 25 yards
DJ build Anschutz 64
40 power Muller Scope
RWS R50
Caldwell BR with Protector front & rear
55 F wind 2-4 mph
Best Score 100 6X

The Best Target and The Anschutz 64​

Attachments

#47 · (Edited)
Very nice shooting, and that's exactly 7 more targets than I'm going to shoot.:)

Smooth

Oh, and I have 5 bricks of RWS-50 coming (at least I think I do because the ammo has been stuck in Hodgkins, IL. for 6 days at the UPS facility which often means its been lost or stolen.:()
Lot # ends in 067.

I took a big risk because I haven't shot it in my rifle, but a friend of mine had his Anschutz tested at ANA/GSI in Alabama, and ammo that his rifle likes has always shot well in mine.
They only had 5 bricks left so I jumped on it.
If none of my rifles like it, I'll just sell it to him down the road when his bank account has recovered.:)
He bought a case.

#48 ·
Good shooting Bob and Lonny... :bthumb: :bthumb:

Bob, that Rossi is doing well for you, eh?

#49 ·
Very good off hand shooting Bob.

Most excellent Lonny.

I got out this after noon after the rain. Was quite cool so only got a couple of C1 and 2 irons that I will post tomorrow. Took the scope off my 457 Trainer to use for irons and picked up a new CZ American ugly duckling and waiting for a low power scope for more of the shoots here on RFC.

Lee:D

#51 ·
Some nice shooting there guys.

I'm debating whether or not to buy more .22 ammo now. My local supplier just got a shipment of SK and Lapua, so now would be the time.
That means I have to lot test again, though. We'll see.
I'm fairly well stocked now, but I can't predict what availability will be like in 6 months.
Most of my serious .22 ammo is European sourced.

#53 ·
Thats a tough one Sean. I have several cases of Mini Mag, Blazer and SK Magazine all purchased for Steel Challenge and Rimfire Challenge matches. Haven't shot a single match this year due to Covid. Spent the summer lot testing for the more demanding paper and other organized matches that have limited participants and exposure. As Øystein says the good stuff is European.

#56 ·
Nice Lee... :t :t

Looks like that CZ is sighted in :)

Thats a tough one Sean. I have several cases of Mini Mag, Blazer and SK Magazine all purchased for Steel Challenge and Rimfire Challenge matches. Haven't shot a single match this year due to Covid. Spent the summer lot testing for the more demanding paper and other organized matches that have limited participants and exposure. As Øystein says the good stuff is European.
Fortunately, I have sufficient ammo to last through the hard times...

#54 ·
For the most part the rains gave up late morning and I headed out to the range. A bit nippy it was to get the CZ 457 Trainer iron sights sighted in. It was cloudy and 8 mph breeze working on the fingers so this may have not been the best of ideas but had to get out before the snows kick in. A beautiful week forecasted this week so may use up some vacation time.

RFC Alias, leej, First Name Lee
Score, 120/120 Class I Irons
Sights: Factory
Rifle Make, CZ 457 Trainer, Aguila Super Extra
Weather Conditions, 12C/54F, NW 8 mph cloudy
Excuses, needed to remove the scope and try as I see so many others do well

RFC Alias, leej, First Name Lee
Score, 115/120 Class II Irons
Sights: Factory
Rifle Make, CZ 457 Trainer, Aguila Super Extra
Weather Conditions, 12C/54F, NW 8 mph cloudy
Excuses, said I would shoot this with CI setup, Barney is next with a do over on this one. There are two on bull 4. Had to use an overlay to see it.

This is the same rifle I used for CII Scope before with scope removed. I bought the ugliest CZ 457 American on the shelf but the test group was decent for whats that worth. Will get a photo of the two of them once I get it scoped.

#58 ·
Thank you Ken, Stan and Øystein. No complaints about this rifle. Working on getting it sighted in for the 25 yd A23/5 NRA target in the CZ open sight match. After yesterday I can see where the white center target may be preferred for typical Patridge or leaf sight allowing a 6 o:clock hold.

#59 ·
RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 100/100,Class: C1 scope,
Scope: Barska 3-12x40 @8,
Rifle make: CZ 457, Ammo: Aguila Super Extra SV
Weather conditions: Sunny, +15C and no wind.

The range in the yard :D 10-15 meters behind the target there is a hill coverd with trees so if I miss the targets and the trap the bullets dont go far.

#60 ·
As Lee planned, I also wanted to shoot all targets with a C1 rifle with C1 ammo :D

RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 94/100,Class: C2 scope,
Scope: Barska 3-12x40 @12,
Rifle make: CZ 457, Ammo: Aguila Super Extra SV
Weather conditions: Sunny, +15C and no wind.

#66 ·

It's my first time doing one of these fun shoots. Not really sure of scoring it and don't really care about competing.
SLS
Steve
Class II, CZ 457 Varmint 22lr
Bushnell 6-24 @12
SK Rifle Match
68 degrees, light breeze

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#69 · (Edited)
Øystein, that rifle is really shooting well with the budget ammo. Nice showing on the C2 and 3. Made me laugh when I read your post. Well done. Still waiting on the scope for the new American.

:Welcome: Steve. Nice to have you join in. We don’t keep score here. I score because I’m in scoring training because well I didn’t read the instructions. Oh and nice couple of 100’s and 4x?. Looks like Stan has another recruit.

#74 ·
Good job Øystein and Steve... :bthumb: :bthumb:

...and by the way :Welcome: Steve.
We hope you'll stick around. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.