Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

October Fun Shoots

15K views 239 replies 15 participants last post by  LeeJ 
#1 · (Edited)
Fall is here!

I want to go easy on you guys for a change... :rolleyes:

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_007.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each bull. Keep it in the round parts.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 100

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_022.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 5 of them)

Max score 100

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

http://freepdfhosting.com/55c8c1065f.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 10 of them)

Shots outside score 0

Count 'em for score, best edge. To get an "X" the entire circle of the 10 ring will be missing.

Max score 100 10x

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/targets/match/m7.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each animal.

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 120 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/6-diamonds.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull (all 6 of them) (black and the white parts count)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points

Max score 120 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3492314/6barney-pdf-january-28-2012-3-35-am-528k?da=y

Class III Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 6 of them) (1" sticky dots work well)

Max score 120

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

My score for today, baby Box Brownie. 1934 - 1941

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool old camera Stan!

Vel last gun last month first this month :bthumb:

RFC Alias: Norwegianrimfire, First name: Øystein
Score w/ bonus: 100/100,Class: C1 scope,
Scope: Bushnell 2-7x33 @7,
Rifle make: Winchester 9422, Ammo: Aguila Super Extra SV
Weather conditions: Overcast, +9C and light wind.

Note the norwegian price on box. 45 NOK about 5 US :(

#3 ·
A fun selection Stan. The Brownie looks to be very clean. Nice find.

Thank you Øystein for kicking this off for this band of shooters. I'm going to shoot all three scoped targets with C1 rifle and C1 ammo Aguila like you posted. Weather is expected to be above average temps for October. We'll see. Rainey and cool this week down to 1C tonight.

Lee :D

#6 ·
Nobody can beat Øystein out of the gate.:D Good job.
:D:D:D

Yep, Øystein sitting there with his seven hour advantage waiting for Stan to post the new month laughing his back side off. I don't know how his shooting is improving so much with all that laughing.:bthumb:
:D:D:D

Thanks guys :D The ammo prices in Norway are not affected by the US shortage. But the NOK is super low this year and that affect the goods we buy in Dollar and Euro :(

Stan did a great job this month too with the targets :bthumb: I cross my fingers every month that there is no gnomes :D

#5 ·
Yep, Øystein sitting there with his seven hour advantage waiting for Stan to post the new month laughing his back side off. I don't know how his shooting is improving so much with all that laughing.:bthumb:

Couldn't agree more Jack. So shameful and confident their not ashamed at all. I am also glad I purchased case quantities last year before any of this craziness got started. I have also purchased several lately but lot tested and those guys are smarter than the gougers.

All set up for the range after the rains this week. How many are you printing this month Ken?:)

Lee :eek:

#8 ·
Neat camera Stan :t

Good shooting Oystein :t Who would have thought you would be first. ;)

Looks like your ready Lee. :t

Rimfire and handgun ammo is just about non existent around here. Still some powder around but primers not. I'm always about two years ahead with 44 Special and .357 makings, but dropped the ball on getting comfortably ahead on 22.

After you guys suggested a laser printer I ask the wife about one. She told me she had one she got a few years ago and never hooked it up yet. Found a spot for it so now I don't have to make a trip for printing. Making my short list now. Getting into windy season around here, so good shooting days will be harder to pick, but still plan on fitting some in. Hope to squeeze in a start later today.

#19 ·
Well it's that time of year again. Heading North in the AM to chase some Steelies. Mostly for the Brother's benefit. He loves to fish. Looks to be plenty of rain and cool weather up that way. Will check out a couple of Gun shops for sure and check their ammo supply. See you fellows in a week or so.
Have fun, shoot straight and be safe!

Attachments

#24 · (Edited)
Good luck Jack,, hope to get in a little River time this coming week myself .. :bthumb:

Tried my hand on the scoped lll today, this will surely not be my last try on these,, had rough conditions today by the time I got out, mostly 10/15 gusty wind, with some harder then that tword the end..
I don’t know if my expectations have changed and I’m harder on myself, or if my guns still got something going on,, it just doesn’t seam to settle in to a consistent group last couple of shooting season.. not predictable..gave it a good cleaning last week so should have been good there.. maybe a torque changed
??

Puddle Jumper/ John
CZ 457, AtOne
Dimondback 6-24x50 / SK rifle match..
Score?. Ether, 50 or 100 not sure what ring we are scoring to??
Oh shot at 25 yards

Lots of excuses today,,,lol..:D

#34 ·
Nice shooting John... :t :t

I should have said, count 'em for score, best edge. To get an "X" the entire circle of the 10 ring will be missing.

I'll amend the scoring instructions...

:F

#35 ·
I think I have some of those printed off from my days in the 25 yd RFC matches.

Plus the 452 is now wearing a scope that'll focus to 25 yds.. should be fun.
One more .22 competition this weekend and then I can put some time into the fun match.

I think I enjoy these more, to be honest. My own time, my own schedule, etc.

Now to decide which rifle to shoot tomorrow, the CZ or the Tikka..

#36 ·
I think I have some of those printed off from my days in the 25 yd RFC matches.

Plus the 452 is now wearing a scope that'll focus to 25 yds.. should be fun.
One more .22 competition this weekend and then I can put some time into the fun match.

I think I enjoy these more, to be honest. My own time, my own schedule, etc.

Now to decide which rifle to shoot tomorrow, the CZ or the Tikka..
Same here.
When I used to shoot the 10 Bull my wife was still working 3rd trick hospital pharmacy, locked in a room that had a printer. I still have a supply of them.:D

We have our 8th biweekly centerfire handgun silhouette match tomorrow. We planned on shooting until it got cold. When we start at 8 AM tomorrow it ought to be in the mid 40's only getting into the low 50's, so most likely will be the last one this year. I got to keep my head in that game today, getting in some off hand practice.

#40 · (Edited)
I scored a 100-2X on this target in 2013 with my Anschutz 1727F .17hmr.
That little bullet makes it tough to score tens, and especially X's.

I decided to post this because I'm Kind of Proud of this one.

Cow54 and I shot this rifle at his range back in the day, and Cow did fantastic.

What can I say, my group was good, Cow's was better!

Smooth

#43 ·
Thank you for posting that Kevin. I had seen that the 17HMR was not inherently accurate but I see that you and Stan found otherwise.

What a beautiful rifle. You sure do have some beautiful pieces of wood and that table you use for staging pictures is equally as beautiful.

Very impressive shoot guys.

Lee:D

#44 · (Edited)
I got some Federal bulk ammo, so my price limit was met this shoot.

RFC Alias - Signmaster
First name - Bob
Score w/ bonus - 100
Class - C1 Scoped
Scope - Simmons 4 x 32
Rifle make - Rossi RS22
Ammo - Federal bulk
Weather conditions - indoor range
I planned on also shooting the class two targets but ran short on time. The photo is of a sighting target on the class two for October.

The only bench accessory that I used is shown under the rifle.

For a budget setup this thing is great. I might end up moving to class two because it does need some trigger work.

There is some really good shooting that shows up on this thread, well done everybody.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.