Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

September Fun Shoots

23K views 308 replies 19 participants last post by  Merle 
#1 · (Edited)
End of summer drawing nigh :)

I like the fall season... Makes you want to DO something!

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_097.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each bull. Keep it in the black parts.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 120

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_113.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 12 of them)

Clean center shots get a bonus of 5 points each.

Max score 120 plus 60 points max bonus.

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here (...nut buster!)

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_089.pdf

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each bull, (all 15 of them)

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 Points
Shots Touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0

Max score 150

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10136.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 3 shots at each bull. (black and the white parts count)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 120 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10147.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull (all 9 of them) (black and the white parts count)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points

Max score 180 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2055895/pd-iron-sights-pdf-july-8-2010-6-16-pm-17k?da=y

Class III Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 6 of them) (black and the white parts count)

Max score 120

:F

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

See less See more
#94 · (Edited)
Thank you Öystein, Jack, Lonny, Ken Stan and John...et all. These are great challenges for skill building this month.

Very nice Stan and I believe best score to date on the CII target. I see this target harder to maximize points due to the consistently smaller bulls to shoot cleanly.

Great showing Ken. I have skipped the CI irons so far this month but may give it a try. I need to practice for my next Appleseed so I may not get any more posted this month. My Tippmann doesn’t qualify for CI any more because I changed the trigger out.

Lee :D

#96 ·
Thank you
Well everybody that partakes in these fun shoot's :bthumb:
I think it's cool too see all the different rifles, scopes, ammo and there shooting
equipment.
All the rifles I shot today have shot 250 scores on the USBR targets @ 25 yards.
I don't know about you all but I have a hard time bouncing from rifle to rifle @ the range and shooting too my truly best my rifles have too offer.
Like I have been shooting my CZ 452 Varmint for like 3 strait years and we know each other very very well and before that it was my TOZ 78.
But what fun is just shooting one rifle all the time when ya have 8 other rifles...;)

Swiss

#97 ·
Nicely done Ken and Bret... :bthumb: :bthumb:

All of you guys are awesome!

:F

#100 ·
Nice targets Bret :t

Yesterday when I shot the C-1 irons I shot 4 different guns knowing I wasn't going to shoot bug holes, and switching guns doesn't make a lot of difference. However I always start with The BL-22 that has the hardest sights to see, and heaviest trigger, and work my way to lighter triggers and easier sights.

I tried a few C -2 scoped today with the GP-100. Tough target with a 3 moa dot.

RFC Alias, Hawkeye57, First name Ken
Score w/ bonus 70/120+10, 90/120+5 Class C-2 scoped
TRS-25, 3 moa dot
Rifle make Ruger GP-100, trigger job, Ammo, SK +
Weather conditions Sun on target, 5- 10 mph, 80*
Excuses__

A few bulls with question marks. Is it best edge or worst edge scoring on the outside line ? I scored them as worst edge.

Old picture.

#102 ·
So I believe Ken has the Fun part covered this month. You make me laugh.

Ok so, may I suggest if...
You use a six shooter and it has a 3 MOA dot or larger and you shoot at twenty five yards and you mysteriously just happen to get one most perfectly dead center then..
Each dead center hit replaces each miss. What do you think? You would then have a 90/120 and 100/120.

Lee :t:t

#108 ·
So I believe Ken has the Fun part covered this month. You make me laugh.

Ok so, may I suggest if...
You use a six shooter and it has a 3 MOA dot or larger and you shoot at twenty five yards and you mysteriously just happen to get one most perfectly dead center then..
Each dead center hit replaces each miss. What do you think? You would then have a 90/120 and 100/120.

Lee :t:t
You're right on the fun. So far I've felt like a kid again with the open sights, and the handguns. Making lots of noise, smiling when you get a hit. :D Now I have to try to discipline myself for some C-2 and C3 scoped which I started on today.

I like your scoring idea, makes sense to me. :D

Good C -2 scoped Jack :t Those bonuses aren't as easy as they look.

#104 ·
Thanks for the compliments everyone :)

:bthumb: Nice shootin Stan, Ken, and, Bret :bthumb:

Ken the handgun shooting just amazes me. :t

I attempted a class 2 with the benchgun in very switchy wind at 50yrd last night.

I'll just say it is sill out there today and hopefully the rain finishes it off.:eek:

Lonny

#107 · (Edited)
RFC Alias,Shorty123, First name Jack
Score w/ bonus 120/120 + 20,Class II Scope
Scope Weaver V-20 @ 12
Rifle make, Savage MK II, Ammo, Eley Action
Weather conditions 80 and Sunny and Light breeze

Thanks Stan! Still under the weather but can't watch Gunsmoke all day long. This is the slipperiest rifle I have ever shot. Moves all over like a greased pig.

Attachments

#109 ·
I started into the C-2 scoped today with one of the guns that has a chance at them.

Score w/ bonus 120/120+10 , 120/120+10, 120/120,Class -2 scoped
Scope Weaver V-24@12x
Rifle make, CZ 455 Varmint, Ammo SK+, SK rifle match
Weather conditions Sun, 80*, 5-10 mph
Excuses__

First target shot with old lot of SK+

This one shot with a new lot that I just got out to try. Seems a little more consistent.

Rifle Match

These Fun Shoots are doing a number on the backer, guess it's about time to replace it.

#114 ·
RFC Alias, Shorty123, First name Jack
Score 180/180,Class II Irons
Iron sights, Redfield
Rifle make, Rem. 540X, Ammo, Eley Action
Weather conditions 80 and Sunny and calm

RFC Alias, Shorty123, First name Jack
Score 120/120,Class III Irons
Iron sights, Redfield
Rifle make, Rem. 540X, Ammo, Eley Action
Weather conditions 80 and Sunny and calm

Thanks Stan. :bthumb:Now I have to treat this headache after the Class III.:D Mr. Crossbones has a headache too I'm sure.

Attachments

#117 ·
Thanks fellows. :bthumb:This is third 540X I have owned and they all shot good for a Junior target rifle. I was talked out of the other two at different times. I never had more than one at a time. I'm keeping this one. First one was 360$ Second one was 440$ and this latest one was 500$ I did however help junior shooters get a start with the ones sold.

#121 ·
Nice C-3 scoped Jack :t

I just got done trying one, that last row is a tough one.

Score w/ bonus 120/120, 120/120 +5, 120/120 +5 ,Class -2 scoped
Scope Weaver V-24 @ 12x
Rifle make, 10/22 GM HT barrel , Ammo, SK+, SK Pistol Match
Weather conditions overcast, 75* light wind
Excuses__

Score 13/150,Class C-3 scoped
Scope Weaver V-24 @ 18x
Rifle make, 10/22 GM HT barrel, Ammo, SK pistol Match
Weather conditions, overcast, 75*, light wind
Excuses__

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.