Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Rimfire eggshoot 22lr only

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  LeeJ 
#1 ·
Wallum Lake Rod and Gun Club is hosting a rimfire 100 yrd eggshoot on September 6th we are located on 200 brook rd. Burrillville Ri.
Course of fire is 5 eggs with 10 or less rounds in 5 mins. ir less you will go to the line ans do this 3 times for a total of 15 eggs. ThEdre will be a 10 minute sightet period to establish a zero the first time your line goes to the bench. After the first line you will have two minutes to warm up your rifle on subsequent lines.
Rules and classes are as follows.
No one piece rests ie. lead sleds ect. front rests and bipods and rear bags only.
Three classes
1- sporter any rifle with a muzzle .710 or smaller must tapper evenly back to reciver.
2- factory must have a factory marked barrel any optic any trigger.
3- match any rifle with an aftermarket barrel any trigger any optic.
Registration is at 800 am then we assign benches, go hot at 900am. 10$ entry fee ties will be broken with a target of match directors choice.
Advanced notice of attendance is recomended. Any question to chrispartington25@gmail.com
Come join us and have some fun.

See less See more
#2 ·
More info please ...

More info please. I like egg shoot matches. I will be driving up from Florida way late this summer and your shoot is in the middle of the Labor Day weekend, so I doubt I will be able to make it. I don't know how many of these you have a year, but if you could post the dates I would appreciate it. Thank you, David

#4 ·
Man you guys are going to have fun. We (Midwest Michigan clubs) have been shooting eggs for years. Your rules seem very close. Our guns must be shouldered and supported in back by shooter. We actually shoot our guns. For ties we often shoot gumballs, jawbreakers or paintballs. With rests on both ends you will soon be using smaller targets. Have fun. Eggs are nature's reactive targets.

#5 ·
We have been doing this for 5 years at this club, and for 30 years in the area. Most of the clubs were doing centerfire matches at 200,-300 myself and a few others started doing rimfire only about 10 years ago. We usualy end up with 25- 50 shooters, ties are generally broken with a dum dum pop approx 5/8" in dia. It is still plenty sporty shooting off bags. As of late the tie breaker target is an ir 50/50 bull closest to th center wins.

#9 ·
Michigan Egg Shoots

Central Michigan Sportsman's Club, Stanton Mi 48888 2nd and 4th Sundays. Holton Rod and Gun Club, Holton Mi,. Isabella County Sportsman's Club, Winn Mi. Mecosta Rod and Gun Club, Mecosta Mi,. AP Goodrich Gun Club, Alma Mi,. Fox Lake Rod and Gun Club, Whitehall Mi, Fennville Rod and Gun, Fennville Mi one in Parnell Mi but I'm not sure of name. These are the ones that come to mind. We(CMSC) are on Facebook and the web or pm me.

#13 ·
Central Michigan Sportsman's Club, Stanton Mi 48888 2nd and 4th Sundays. Holton Rod and Gun Club, Holton Mi,. Isabella County Sportsman's Club, Winn Mi. Mecosta Rod and Gun Club, Mecosta Mi,. AP Goodrich Gun Club, Alma Mi,. Fox Lake Rod and Gun Club, Whitehall Mi, Fennville Rod and Gun, Fennville Mi one in Parnell Mi but I'm not sure of name. These are the ones that come to mind. We(CMSC) are on Facebook and the web or pm me.
Thank you Sir. Lee:D

#12 ·
Good news, I will try to attend, although things with my sons wedding the following week may get in the way. I would like to see egg shoots at Tiverton Rod and Gun but have not found much interest. I like shoots like that instead of just punching paper or running and gunning to see how many rounds you get off in a set time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.