Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

December Fun Shoots

8K views 183 replies 16 participants last post by  Norwegianrimfire 
#1 · (Edited)
Christmas season is upon us :)

I hope you're all healthy.

*Until we return to normalcy and the shooting ranges are open for business, it's okay to shoot a pellet gun at 10 yards at the target of your choice (trigger time is trigger time). If you can shoot rimfire, please do. Some of us can't. I'm sure we'll do the best we can under the circumstances.*

__________________________________________________ _____
Make a note of these, they will be the guide for all future Fun Shoots'
SmallCal.

RFC Fun Shoot; Classes and Rules
This Fun Shoot is for any RF cartridge rifle, to include the following, .22 RF, .22 Mag. , .17 RF.

All targets in each class are shot at 25 yards.

The (old) rules for Class 1 expired 4-30-09 and have been deleted. (This update to C-1 made 7-16 09)

Note that we will use three different classes of rifles for this shoot and from now on and these class rules will apply for all future Fun Shoots. Make a note of them.

(NEW Rules for Class 1 Fun Shoot as of 7-16-`09 SPECIAL ADDENDUM to C1 irons and scoped shoot. PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

This Class 1 Fun Shoot is reserved for beginners and novice of any age.

Targets will be generous and fairly easy to learn on.

Class 1. Box Stock HUNTING/PLINKING rifles only, NO target rifles allowed. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of a scope with variable power settings and shortening of the butt stock for fit to smaller shooters. Scope power will be assigned at the time of the shoot. Usually not more than 9X. Iron sighted rifles will use original sights or replacements like the original. Any rest is allowed except Machine Rest.
These modifications to this Class 1 shoot are implemented to allow older beginners and novice shooters to join in the Fun Shoot without the heavy competition of shooting against target type rifles and highly skilled shooters. Those rifles and shooters will go to Class 2 from now on. If you have questions, PM me direct. SmallCal

PLEASE NOTE, that from this date (2-4-2019) on forward the ammo used in this class is limited in price to $4.00 per box for 50 rounds.

SmallCal

(Unchanged)
Class 2; Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifles. Allowed modifications will be limited to the addition of adjustable scopes with the power setting assigned at each shoot, adjustable receiver sights, globe front sights, trigger modifications/replacement to lighten weight of pull but NO low end limit but must be safe. Barrel replacement of any design that doesn`t make your rifle exceed the weight limit of 10.5 lb. total weight. Stock modifications or replacement stocks that resemble thumbhole or sporting stocks which have a convex forend profile and horizontal width no greater than 2 inches wide are allowed.
If your Modified Sporting Rifle exceeds any one or more of the above limits, it will be in the higher Class 3 group.

(Unchanged)
Class 3; All of those rifles that were/are designed for the strict purpose of Bench Rest Shooting with unlimited modifications and all of those rifles that exceed any limits in the Modified Hunting/Sporting Rifle class.
This class can be divided into two sub classes of those bench rifles with scopes (unlimited power) and those with iron sights (unlimited type). This sight division will allow all of the super race guns to be included here.

If you are unsure of the class you should be in, go to the next higher class and state that on your score/target postings.
I do know that there will be some rifles that are so close to fitting into more than one category that its hard to tell where they should go. If in question, go up a class.

Post score as shown here.

RFC Alias,__________, First name__________
Score w/ bonus________,Class________,
Scope______________, Iron sights,________
Rifle make,________, Ammo,_________
Weather conditions____________
Excuses__

We shoot these Fun Shoots WITHOUT a time limit and NO restrictions on ammo except in C 1 which is limited to ammo costing $4.00 or less per box of fifty rounds. Take your time and have fun.

Thanks.

Class I Scoped Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_007.pdf

Class I Scoped

Shoot 2 shots at each rhino, all 5 of 'em.

Shots completely within the outer perimeter lines and not touching a line on the target background score 10 Points
Shots touching the outer line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0
Max. Score 100

Shoot @ 8X

Class II Scoped Target here

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_113.pdf

Class II Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at target on the board, (all 12 of them)

Shoot for the center of the target (best edge) for 10 points, all other misses count 0

Max score 120

Shoot @ 12X

Class III Scoped Target here

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2942350/duck-beak-pdf-july-5-2011-12-59-am-129k?da=y

Class III Scoped

Shoot 1 shot at each target on the ducks. (All 6 of them),
Now... shoot the beaks

Duckie targets and beaks (best edge only on the beaks) will get you 10 points each

Shots touching a line count 5

Shots outside score 0

Bragging rights for the skull

Max score 120

Unlimited Scope setting

Class I Irons
Target here

http://targetz.com/targetzlib/10147.pdf

Class I Irons

Shoot 1 shot at each bull. (all 9 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points
Max score 90 points

Class II Irons
Target here:

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/rfcftp/targets/IPSCTR/ipsctr_022.pdf

Class II Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each target. (all 5 of them)

Shots completely within the perimeter lines and not touching a line score 10 points
Shots touching a line score 5 points
Shots outside score 0 points

Max score 100 points

Class III Irons
Target here:

https://www.keepandshare.com/doc/2055895/pd-iron-sights-pdf-july-8-2010-6-16-pm-17k?da=y

Class III Irons

Shoot 2 shots at each bull, (all 6 of them)

Completely in the bull, score 10; nicks count 5; outside count 0

Max score 120

I'll see you on the shootin' range...

Stay healthy!

:F

See less See more
#170 ·
Fantastic shooting Jack and Lee... :bthumb: :bthumb:

Here it's -1 on the "C" scale, birdbath is all iced over. BRRrrrr!

Have a happy new year!

#171 ·
Jack I have no idea what CZ did with it. No report but did return it with some groups shot at 50 (Eley Team and Match) that are in my mind good enough and worth spending some time making better. They did glue in the shims I made from a plastic cc. Have now shot it three times roughly 100 rounds each time and no fliers to date.

Leej:D

#172 ·
Nice shooting Jack and Lee, glad to see your CZ is coming around for you buddy,

:bthumb: John

Side note,,,The TX200 scope was good, put it on my CZ today and zeroed it in , ran it out to 100 and back to 25 yards a bunch of times and did a box test at 50 yards, passed all with flying colors, but after doing a bunch of reading about springers killing scopes, I ordered a Hawke Airmax anyways... just to be safe and maybe head off problems in the future,, :Blasting_

#178 · (Edited)
Wrapping up the year with some Fun with Air. I really wanted to get in a couple more with 22LR but time and weather got in the way.

Started off with the CIII irons that I had pasted up on backers but it wasn't to be. So In reverse order for the year here we go.

5 in the bull :eek:

Rubber Ducky Your the ONE :)

December CIII scope

I worked hard this year training my eyes for round targets. These were a great challenge.

November CII irons

We all love Barney. Even at 10m with diopters this is really hard to see.

October

This one was a real bear and with sport class equipment I don't think possible without a bit of luck. Fly through the first three rows and then :shakehead

September

#179 · (Edited)
We all love the gnomes. Tough targets even with a good scope, rifle and trusted ammo :banghead3 Even coloring them didn't help.

May

Money, money, money

April

These critters showed up in March and June. Pretty small bull's eye's and a great challenge. This was really tough with open sights. Good thing I bought the adjustable aperture

#181 ·
That’s some great shooting through out the year Lee , consistent good shooting ,, cool year recap,, well done..
Very nice,

Stan once again thanks for everything you do here buddy, it’s much appreciated
John

Happy New Years Guys,,, lets hope 2021 treats the shooting sports better, and hopefully things back to a little more ,what we are used to as normal..:gun4:

#183 ·
Good shooting John and Lee... :bthumb: :bthumb:

Glad you guys enjoy these Fun Shoots, I sure have! :)

Cold and wet for a bit here but I wanted to say I wish you a happy and a safe new year :bthumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.