Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 04:18 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
It's threaded 1/2 X 28. Common threads for suppressors.
Thanks Don.

Do the end caps thread on?
Old 05-24-2020, 04:28 PM
Gigione
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In and nice one Rhody

Thank you to all the veterans here.

I am truely thankful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2020, 05:25 PM
US Marines

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The .45 was the service pistol when I was in the service so has always been my favorite(yes I am that old). It has been around a long time and is still popular. Was never a fan of the Beretta because of the open slide and remember the Marines requesting the .45 instead because of the sand getting in the slide. I enjoy the feeling of an all metal frame even with the weight. I may or may not have more than one Springfield armory .45s two of which might even be fully customized. They are all very accurate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 05:28 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
That's a good report, Kevin ..

There's one thing I have to say about .45s...

I don't have enough of 'em!

Old 05-24-2020, 05:42 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Grease or PAM them grill grates first D.

Good range report TD even tho I don't know what half the initials mean.

Took a long nap this pm and it coulda been even longer. Sleep has been like Wolf's as of late.

Killed my first skeeter trying to drill into my hubcap thru my faded jeans, levis or whatever the hay they are.

Fish cop was back this pm 1/2 throttling around on the lake with a swarm of bodacious bugs in tow no doubt. I'm doubling up on the Thermacells tonight on my quest to find out where the fish are. Tough love when the bite's off and one doesn't know if I'm in the wrong area or its just that off.

Finn brought the flag in early cause she heard it was sposed to rain tonite. Sunny and not nite.

69˚

#18 in 12th
Old 05-24-2020, 05:43 PM
jnyork
US Air Force Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (20)
Every gun person should have at least one 1911 .45.

They should practice with it frequently also.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:49 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Thanks Don.

Do the end caps thread on?
Yes.

This picture doesn't show it well, but you can see the threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDave View Post
The .45 was the service pistol when I was in the service so has always been my favorite(yes I am that old). It has been around a long time and is still popular. Was never a fan of the Beretta because of the open slide and remember the Marines requesting the .45 instead because of the sand getting in the slide. I enjoy the feeling of an all metal frame even with the weight. I may or may not have more than one Springfield armory .45s two of which might even be fully customized. They are all very accurate.
I don't like the Beretta 92 design because it's designed to break, resulting in possible injury. The locking lugs have about a 100,000 round lifespan.
It's a cheap part, that is easy to replace, but I still try to avoid that whole 'bolt in face' look.

I like Berettas though. The Tomcat in .380 breaks slides, but other than those Berettas are great firearms. I own a bunch of Berettas, and am always looking to add more.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

≡✪≡
Old 05-24-2020, 05:57 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (41)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Every gun person should have at least one 1911 .45.

They should practice with it frequently also.
Can't argue with that.

Good shooting reports all around by all and sundry (on Sundy). I made it to the range this sunny PM as well, since younger daughter and her BF were here for dinner and the uninitiated (except for shoot 'em up video games ) BF wanted to shoot some real live firearms.
I got them in on some good experience with the S&W 41 and then on the rifle range with the new 700 ADL Varmint 308. A good time was had by Al, I mean all.
We'll try to watch some of the concert from the mall in DC, without crowds this year, then either some other things Memorial Day related that I recorded earlier, or continuations of the Tasmanian or Belgian whodunits that we've started on Netflix and Amazon Prime.
I hope to get to the outdoor ceremony at the VFW in town tomorrow at 11:00, then my day is open except for grilling burgers and HD Franks for the holiday repast.

Remember - some places may be more safer, but the most Safer place is with Morley.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)

≡✪≡
Old 05-24-2020, 06:38 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Some excellent post Letters and Numbers. Thank you for the somber pictures.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:34 PM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Seem like i meet a lot of Candy's.
I would have no problem with meeting Candys.... If Mrs Sail didn't object.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:54 PM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good job playing RO Gunfiend.

A few perch pecks and my funny feeling ear drum for the past couple weeks has finally turned into an ear ache, joy. We're going home tomorrow anyways so the Finn can pick p her sis @ the airport once again @ dinnertime. SIL has been traveling to n fro downstate all thru the Bug travel warnings in Lower MI. She's the old rich one that won't spring for alternate transportation. I'd get an earful if it twere my tribe.

Pizza ice cream shop closed today even tho they posted open. They've done it before. "My shop and I'll work when I feel like it eh?" Went to a gas station and got a frozen za for dinner. Umm.

66˚ lite S breeze
Old 05-24-2020, 07:56 PM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Took a long nap this pm and it coulda been even longer. Sleep has been like Wolf's as of late.

Killed my first skeeter trying to drill into my hubcap thru my faded jeans, levis or whatever the hay they are.

Fish cop was back this pm 1/2 throttling around on the lake with a swarm of bodacious bugs in tow no doubt. I'm doubling up on the Thermacells tonight on my quest to find out where the fish are. Tough love when the bite's off and one doesn't know if I'm in the wrong area or its just that off.

Finn brought the flag in early cause she heard it was sposed to rain tonite. Sunny and not nite.

69˚

#18 in 12th
While I was at WM today I looked all over the store for the butane cartridges. I couldn't find anything thermocell. I bought a pint of permethrin last year with the idea of recharging the strips.

I killed a bunch of skeeters today. I took a nap also and went out to cut on the grass a bit longer. Skeeters were still hungry so I gave up fairly quickly.

I'm wondering what the fish cop was doing while all the motorboats were docked? In my world they would have been laid off but their world is likely different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHMSA80x80 View Post
He knows what Memorial day is all about.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:56 PM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good night. Tired and rested all day. Seem just sleepy. 70 and fair right now. Gerald may be getting stormed on. May or may not hold to reach me.

Goodnight Al, Sophia, Rhody, Don, mdew, wook, Blackwolfe, Alum, GF, Sail, TD, Szumi, IHMS, COW, OldDave, jnyork, Gigi, zenaca, Rock, Hawkeye, dlong, Brent, AZ, koonta, Wayne, Gerald, wr, Phil, Squirrel, Atonic, Ranger, Greggie, Swede, M92, pans, Mike, GP, nfcracin, 404, 1917, Gigi, RichJ, Carrij, JV, Iain, JDWIN, Mikey, JimWY, CMR, Johnny, RonL, arjay, rj, Rick, calibrian and all the rest.

Sleep tight