Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 11:14 AM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)

In.

Flag at half staff for Commie Flu victims and tomorrow until noon for those having made the ultimate sacrifice.

4 U.S. Code, paragraph 6 tell when and how to display flag, including raising to full staff at noon the 4th Monday of May.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2020, 11:33 AM
Frank Eagles
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Lazy good morning. Slept until 7:30. Lucy desided to wake me with a bark at the foot of the bed. Mom slept until 8:30. Kids and I were outside enjoying the sun. 90 degrees and humid. Spent most of the morning under umbrella table on the patio at the train box. Wifey brought me coffee and a fly pie [Little Debbie rasin cake]. Watched our church on laptop. Finally figured pastor was not having sermon [unannounced at the beginning]. Music director at home with his gitar soloing. Switched to Hayes Barton on TV for sermon.

Now to eat lunch. Fried porkchops, mashed potatoes and butter beans [seasoned with a slice of salty fatback].

This afternoon. ????????? Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
Oh to clear up my birthday is not till June 21st. So you all still have time to by me a present. On the friend zone thing. Seem like i meet a lot of Candy's.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
I will tell you like my buddy Buckeye [you can guess where he was born, lives and went to college]. He posts on train forum every month, "You all forgot my birthday this month." My standard reply is, "Its in the mail."

Tomorrow at 11 AM, I will lead the Memorial Day service at the Veteran's Memorial. Not a word from the Town or its Mayor [not a veteran] except my former town clerk. Her background is Dad [retired Navy pilot] and son in Marines. Maybe the Mayor will show.

Later.

Old 05-24-2020, 11:38 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gewehrfreund View Post
Thaaat fiiigures . . . . . .noo one caaares abouuut Eeyore.

Kinds brings to mind someone here, . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al the Infidel View Post
Whats the best way to make sure the holes drilled are lined up perfectly w/o testing with live fire? Al wondered to himself.

. . .
A cleaning rod should give a good idea.

After doing a minimal amount of research, I think I'll order a good 9/64", .297" bit. Probably a brad point bit, so I can be more accurate on the drill press.

https://www.amazon.com/STEELEX-PLUS-...s%2C219&sr=8-2

That's large for a .22.

You should stay .060 over caliber diameter. So, . . .

.223 + .060 = .283

A 17/64" bit would work great, if everything is lined up perfectly. I don't trust the Shanghai machinist guild that much.
Nor do I trust my harbor freight drill press that much.

Ideally these would be cut on a lathe. I ain't got one.

After playing with it. I think it is worthy of a Fm 1. Once I get a black one in hand, I'll E-file a form 1. We should know how well these work before the end of summer.

Perhaps Mike can do the engraving for me.

I'll need a Unique Serial Number.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 11:44 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for the explanation of the thoughts behind the flag protocol for Memorial day.

Grass was wet this morning so I went grocery shopping. Not as productive a trip as I had hoped. It is supposed to rain tomorrow so I'll visit where my sister works for a second try.

Skeeters were waiting for me at the front door. Three got a piece of me. I hope it was worth what it cost them.

Fired up the lawn mower for the first time this year and put in an hour until my hip was hurting enough. I was wearing a flannel shirt to keep the skeeters away. I can report that my sweat glands still work.

I'll be going back out in a bit and mow some more while the charcoal is getting ready.

Glad you got your boat in the water Al.

Don, I probably didn't pay enough attention, but doesn't that put you in constructive possession? An expansive theory to make you guilty before the fact.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 05-24-2020, 11:48 AM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Yes sometimes I feel like EEyore Don.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:12 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
House dusted and vacuumed. 30 minute spin. Got an email from Peloton for my 100th ride. I get a free t-shirt.
Tequila, check.vodka, check. Steaks, check. Weather is decent. Maybe need to make a beer run as I don’t keep any around anymore.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:23 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Fox kits show up for a couple days then gone for a few, Rose is on her leash for a couple then off for a few. They finally changed into their fox color, they started out grayish and are doing more pouncing play.

Got round to putting up hummingbird feeder yesterday. They must have been waiting, I no more than hung it, sat down and one was onit. Had two this morning at the same time feeding from opposite sides without much squabbling.

Handfull of teenage black squirrels overwhelmed my regular feeder so made repairs to it and moved it about six ft. from woodshed and put it on a post with a chunk of pvc around it with a squirt of cooking spray. I'm using a lot less sunflower seed now.

Off to mow my weeds, sand is great for drainage, grass no so much.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:26 PM
Rock N TN

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Nor do I trust my HF drill press for better than “good enough” work.
Perhaps DBMJR1-1?

Old 05-24-2020, 01:42 PM
COW 54
US Army Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (2)
Made BACON for breakfast, now werking on a coffee cake (in the oven) for a junk food fix.

Old 05-24-2020, 01:53 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Szumi View Post
. . .

Don, I probably didn't pay enough attention, but doesn't that put you in constructive possession? An expansive theory to make you guilty before the fact.
My intent is to follow the law. So long as I don't drill any holes prior to obtaining my Stamp, I'm good.

This, BTW is the major reason I didn't opt for the mono-core version that the same company sells. The mono-core itself is already drilled. That seemed a bit sketchy to me. Others have used them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock N TN View Post
Perhaps DBMJR1-1?

That's about as good as anything.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:36 PM
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhody View Post

So, as Paul Harvey used to say, '....and now you know the rest of the story......Good day!"

R

Thank you for this weeks intro and the rest of the flag etiquette story Rhody.

Quote:
Oh to clear up my birthday is not till June 21st. So you all still have time to by me a present. On the friend zone thing. Seem like i meet a lot of Candy's.

Remember Crazy Wimmins can be a lot of fun until their not. Knowing the fine line on when to quit is the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnyork View Post
Beautiful day here in Wyoming. (but then, every day is beautiful when you are in Wyoming).

I shipped a package Thursday afternoon with the USPS, tracking number has never worked, wondering what happened to my package. Anyone else have this problem?

USPS tracking stinks. Had two orders recently that tracking never updated other than saying the item had shipped. I queried one vendor as to if it had ever shipped as it was past due. The vendor could not find a record with USPS on their end and the item arrived the next day.

More recently I ordered a gift sent directly to my sister and tracking and transit time was excellent, arriving early. The only problem with tracking that time was when the tracking part of USPS web site was down for awhile.

Overall, my experience with USPS tracking going back several years is that the tracking werks less than 50% of the time. I suspect that the problem probably mostly lies in USPS technology and software, though perhaps in sender error or tracked packages never being scanned en route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbmjr1 View Post
Kinds brings to mind someone here, . . .

A cleaning rod should give a good idea.

After doing a minimal amount of research, I think I'll order a good 9/64", .297" bit. Probably a brad point bit, so I can be more accurate on the drill press.

https://www.amazon.com/STEELEX-PLUS-...s%2C219&sr=8-2

That's large for a .22.

You should stay .060 over caliber diameter. So, . . .

.223 + .060 = .283

A 17/64" bit would work great, if everything is lined up perfectly. I don't trust the Shanghai machinist guild that much.

Ideally these would be cut on a lathe. I ain't got one.

After playing with it. I think it is worthy of a Fm 1. Once I get a black one in hand, I'll E-file a form 1. We should know how well these work before the end of summer.

Perhaps Mike can do the engraving for me.

Are the parts threaded, and if so are the threads common or standard threads or odd Swedish threads?

Glad you're getting out shooting Wook. Shot well.

Good luck fishing Al.

Good luck today TD.

Hey Hawk. Hey Koonta. dlong, are your maid services for hire, I need some cleaning done.

Al, I hope those North winds make it here. Open the door wider please. Sunny and 86°A. Too hot too soon. Turned on the AC to make sure it's werking. Had the windows and blinds shut trying to keep it cooler in the unshaded house, but inside temps had already climbed to 78°A

Need to mow the lawn, but too sunny, hot, and wet. The foreguessed overnight .33 inches of rain resulted in 2 inches in my old school glass cylinder rain gauge. Standing water in the previously saturated back yard. Weasel say chance of rain for Monday through Thursday. We don't need more wet.

Take care my friends as you reflect on the true meaning of Memorial day.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:58 PM
pans858
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! Appleseed Member Appleseed Rifleman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
Quote:
Seem like i meet a lot of Candy's.
That's not good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Thank you for this weeks intro and the rest of the flag etiquette story Rhody.

Take care my friends as you reflect on the true meaning of Memorial day.
Ditto, and ditto again.

Woke up to a gorgeous day, and was happy that there had been a day of drying so I would be able to get the acreage mowed. Unfortunately by the time I had changed mower oil, sharpened blades and was ready to cut, the thunderstorms were threatening. I risked it, and commenced... while mowing the temp dropped 10 degrees alt 0176, and wind picked up... but I made it and barely was finishing the pressure washing of the mower deck when the sky fell.

Surfing RFC with the notebook unplugged in case mother nature strikes too close. I hope Wook's been blastinating and Al felt a tug on the line today.

Last edited by pans858; 05-24-2020 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 04:02 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Chillin like a villain. Got the new grill fired up on high for 20 minutes as per instructions. Weeded the small flower garden. Waiting for the kids to arrive. Grass always looks good in May.
https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1590354129
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2A706853-AE78-4CC5-A354-A90CDCF7AC59.jpg (256.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-24-2020, 04:07 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
The weeds will be back in a week.

https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forum...1&d=1590354407
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 315B93D3-D2B6-4E24-A835-DE6CEFE833AA.jpg (342.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 05-24-2020, 04:15 PM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
. . .

Are the parts threaded, and if so are the threads common or standard threads or odd Swedish threads?

. . .
It's threaded 1/2 X 28. Common threads for suppressors.

Closed Thread