The Watering Hole 5-25-2020 - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.
Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 06:55 AM
Rhody
Fire FighterEmergency Medical Technician NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
The Watering Hole 5-25-2020

Howdy folks, and welcome to this week's Memorial Day edition of TWH!

Remember and honor their sacrifice...

And never forget the reason for it...

I hope everyone here has a safe and happy Memorial Day, and that you take a moment to give thanks.

R
Old 05-24-2020, 06:56 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Thanks for reminding us what this holiday is really about Rhody.

First and almost lastest. neener neeners

Quote:
Originally Posted by pans858 View Post
Took a load of junk to the dump today, and filled in the muddy ruts in front of our mailbox with a few loads of rock... Johnny, our mailman will be pleased.
Mine loves me in the winter. Those that don't shovel out their boxes have snowplow windrows of packed down snow so high some have to open the jeep door and lean down to stick in their next stimulations check, or not deliver at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
Michigan man accused of planning to steal US Coast Guard helicopter, attack hospital!
https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...us/5249810002/
And may have machine-guns and M16s....the old armed and dangerous and chootem on sight??? Or was he wanting a joyride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I think I am forever going to be stuck in the friend zone.
Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Torn between two lovers bruh?

66˚ and still listening to amphibian's mating songs day n nite like we've never experienced before. Can you send me a few of your herons COW?

Last edited by Al the Infidel; 05-24-2020 at 07:00 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:01 AM
wookness
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Yes, Sir! Shall have our flag out, flying proudly as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2020, 07:02 AM
wookness

TPC Rating: 
100% (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztarget View Post
I think I am forever going to be stuck in the friend zone.

Sent from my 9029Z using Tapatalk
Might try eating less garlic before going out. For some silly reason it made me think of a BLT w/a silent 'n', as in 'Better Luck next Time'. You didn't tell her it was your birthday and then ask her to buy, didja!? Hang in there; wimmin should be coming out of the woodwork pretty quick whot w/all this SIP'n bidness finally being relaxed. Of course the six foot separation part seems like a major impediment that I'd call rather problematic. Not sure how one is to conduct themselves in the new dating scene; "Lemme see your test result card." somehow doesn't quite have the ring of a good start to a relationship. Wearing a sandwich board w/"Wuhan virus free & open to a closed relationship" isn't likely to produce much in the way of desired results either. Hang in there, wimmin will figure it out. Meantime, be yerself and don't be too bashful to ask a lady out that takes the initiative to speak w/you or bat an eye. Them are the good kinda bats, yano.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
--

Thanks, pans! I've just Czech'd the weather and aside from being windy, as usual, it appears the rain will not materialize before late afternoon, so I'm going to go forit and bother some skeets this morning. Club opens at 9A & I plan to be there shortly after. Hopefully w/a short week ahead, it will be a better one for you.
--

I like the pic of those transplanted white mountain iris, zenaca. They look similar to some blue swamps we have, shape wise.
--

Welcome, KR(!) [esormik], if I may call you that. First drink is on the house and at least here you may order from the bar &/or sit on one of the stools, if you prefer.
--

Time for some more joe. Will see if my mojo is still werkin' when I get to the club. Using the delayed pull and shooting alone there will be no need for verbalizing the commands 'pull', 'mark' or 'birds', but it won't prevent my mentally going there.. and putting some feathers on 'em too.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 AM
Rhody

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Yes, Sir! Shall have our flag out, flying proudly as well.
I try to strictly adhere to "flag etiquette". Having czeched it out, I was a bit befuddled as to why the guidelines are what they are for flag flying on Memorial Day.

It seems that the flag is to be flown at half staff from sunrise to noon, and then raised briskly to full staff until nightfall.

Why wouldn't the flag be at half staff all day as it is for marking other dates you may ask?

Here's the reason why!

https://www.livescience.com/9923-fla...orial-day.html

For 149 years, Americans have taken the last Monday in May to remember those who have died in our wars. Like all deaths honored by the state, flags fly at half-staff. However, on Memorial Day, the U.S. flag flies at half-staff only for the first half of the day, and then is raised to full height from noon to sundown. This unique custom honors the war dead for the morning and living veterans for the rest of the day.

So while Memorial Day is to honor those who made the ultimate sacrifice, it is also to say "Thanks" to all those who have served!

So, as Paul Harvey used to say, '....and now you know the rest of the story......Good day!"

R
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 AM
Al the Infidel
US Marines Disabled American Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookness View Post
Will see if my mojo is still werkin' when I get to the club. Using the delayed pull and shooting alone there will be no need for verbalizing the commands 'pull', 'mark' or 'birds', but it won't prevent my mentally going there.. and putting some feathers on 'em too.
No relaxing on your sight pix Wook.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:17 AM
koonta

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In!
Wow someone get up early or just didn't go to bed?
Old 05-24-2020, 07:26 AM
Szumi
US Marines NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In.

If you like your Constitution, you can keep your Constitution.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:28 AM
Rhody

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by koonta View Post
In!
Wow someone get up early or just didn't go to bed?
This job of mine has me up at 5:30am five days per week, so even when I can sleep in, my eyes tend to pop open pretty early. I did sleep very late yesterday morning though!

It's a beautiful day here today, so going to try and get lots of things done!

R
Old 05-24-2020, 07:30 AM
SailDesign

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
In!

Thanks for the half-staff/full-staff explanation, Rhody.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:34 AM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Flag is flying, may we never forget their sacrifices and the freedom it bought us, and never take either for granted.

And Pans was right I do know where Gordonton NC is and I can take you to a dozen old stores that have/still look about like that, Person Co. and Orange and even Alamance Co. are dotted with them.

My Dad grew up within within a couple of miles of that stores location, a lot of those old stores have been torn down now as the State has widened highway as they tended to sit darn near in the road.

Last edited by gmd1950; 05-24-2020 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:43 AM

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
IN

Wook have fun killing them clays.

Think I will try to kill some green monsters before the wind and rain comes my way.

Thank You to all the veterans that have gave and served
We are able to have our fun thanks to your sacrifices .
Old 05-24-2020, 08:07 AM
flyingsquirrel

TPC Rating: 
100% (42)
In and thankful
Old 05-24-2020, 08:14 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (3)
I read this somewhere, once upon a time, and I like to read it every Memorial Day. Thought I'd share:

The various United States Military branches exist to defend the United States against all enemies in their own unique ways. But, what does this really mean?

The United States Military defends the United States from its enemies through the implied threat of, or the direct application of, deadly force. The military exists to do basically two things: Break Things and Kill People, as the need (hopefully never) arises.

But, again, what does this really mean? Simply put, your brother, sister, son, daughter, husband, wife, friends and total strangers stand ready to do extreme violence on your behalf. They have taken an oath that they will stand up, fight, and if necessary, die to protect the common good of their friends, loved ones, and ultimately, the United States of America.

So, the next time you see a member of the United States Armed Services, please, just say “Thank You”. Even if they don’t understand why, now you will.

Just a footnote: I really really liked the "breaking things" part when I was in.

Happy Memorial Day to all!
Old 05-24-2020, 08:26 AM
US Army Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Good Morning RFC'rs, et al:

Went to bed early last night, during a torrential downpour that included exclamations from Zeus himself.

Slept in, knowing that the plants required no water.

We haven't seen any mail since last Tuesday. I know that we are due mail, because I get an email with a picture of the mail every day.
My new debit card is among the missing.

No mail is a misnomer. Late yesterday evening the PO delivered a small package from China. No letters. Just the small package.

So it takes three weeks and a bit for Dooxi to deliver from Shanghai.

I made waffles this morning on my garage sale Disney waffle iron. Tigger on one side, Pooh on the other side. The most wonderful thing about Tiggers, . . .

I think it's someone's birthday today , . . .

Oh yea. My neighbor, Jane.

I'll have to remember to wish her a good un.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Closed Thread