Finally -- Did OK in CZ Wood Lottery - RimfireCentral.com Forums

Go Back   RimfireCentral.com Forums > > >

Notices

Join Team RFC to remove these ads.

Old 05-23-2020, 02:04 PM
USCGret
US Coast Guard Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Finally -- Did OK in CZ Wood Lottery

CZ 527 Carbine in .223 Rem. Very happy with the wood when I opened the box at my LGS/FFL today. Just finished a few test shots...love these CZ 527s.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG-0749 (1).jpg (577.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 05-23-2020, 02:22 PM
bandit1250
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Very nice 527. The picture would make that wood look better yet with out the shadow. Congratulations on getting a winner.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:41 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
You are correct Bandit. Poor pic. This is a 2020 model. Little darker stain than my other CZ 527, but not as "dark" as I've seen with CZ 457s. Beautiful wood.

Last edited by USCGret; 05-23-2020 at 03:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2020, 02:41 PM

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Wow that's got grain flowing every which way, very nice. I've the same sentiments for the 527's.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:42 PM
gmd1950
US Air Force Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
100% (30)
Very nice looking Carbine...
Old 05-23-2020, 02:46 PM
kaynine
NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (15)
Now that's one beautiful piece of lumber on that fine rifle. Love that fiddleback, and it goes from stem to stern too.

Congrats on your new prize.

Last edited by kaynine; 05-23-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 02:59 PM
OldCZFan
US Navy Veteran Law Enforcement Officer NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (19)
That's far better than"OK".
Old 05-23-2020, 03:19 PM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Tnx guys...I apologize for the inferior pic. It truly looks beautiful in person. This model year 2020 wood finish is darker than my other 527 in Walnut but a little lighter than the current 457s, IMO.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:25 AM
OldNeatStuff
NRA Member - Click Here To Join! GOA Member

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
I've sitting on the bench thinking I need to have one of these. You aren't helping me out. That is a GOOD looking rifle. You have just pushed me a bit closer to the buy.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:55 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
USCGret sir Well well it finally happened...I knew your time was coming...and now it's here. CONGRATS.

The guys are correct we could use another picture of your rifle in complete sun. The great thing now is you have broken through the Wood Lotto barrier and there will be more of them to come.

Signalman
Old 05-24-2020, 06:44 AM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Good Morning Signalman, Thank you!! Aye, it finally happened to me. I was starting to think you had won all the lotteries!! I'll post a better pic when the weather improves. I think this is a good example of finishes and wood coming from CZ now. This rifle was apparently made in March 2020. I had ordered this one and it took several weeks to arrive.

Bob
Old 05-24-2020, 06:47 AM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNeatStuff View Post
I've sitting on the bench thinking I need to have one of these. You aren't helping me out. That is a GOOD looking rifle. You have just pushed me a bit closer to the buy.
Old Neat Stuff, I recommend the CZ527 Carbine in x39 or .223 Rem. As you have seen me post, I have three. The Synthetic in 7.62x39 is our homestead utility rifle and a true "truck gun". The walnut in x39 is used for target shooting, and this 527 in .223 was bought, well you know, just because.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:31 AM
Signalman

TPC Rating: 
100% (13)
USCGret sir so please let the guys here know how you felt the second you opened the box I hope it was like the feeling I got when I opened my last lotto winner.

A little back history...I have always wanted a 222 from when my dad and I were shooting back in the 70's and we could not afford a nice rifle back in those days so I have to use what we had. Fast forward my very first CZ centerfire rifle was a 222 and the only models were the American and the Lux. I went to the Shot Show in 2016 and handled both models and the Lux just did not feel right for me at that time.

So I ordered 527 American and about 9 months latter CZ had a special run of 527 Varmints in 222 and that was what I wanted to start with was a Varmint model...which they did not have then...so I jumped on that. The next thing that happened was a return of some CZ 527 FS in 222 which were not made here.

It took 3 months of every morning looking at other member's 527 FS in 222 like:

Flangster's pair

and GMD1950's

there were others here also...but these were the two I looked at the most...it was very hard to justify getting a third 222 because the Varmint model as of today still is NIB.

The more I looked at the other members rifles that had got them (besides Flangster and Gerald's) I noticed a lot of them had plain jane wood and some even had knots in the stocks.

Gerald's was nice and that gave me hope to get a nice one...as time went by and the numbers slowly went down. I was torn if I really needed one or not...as the numbers were getting lower and lower and my time running out and others were talking about getting one...all I wanted was one without knots in the stock. So I finally pulled the trigger when there were only 5 left for sale and it was now or never.

When the packaged arrived and I opened it I was dumb founded for about 10 seconds I just did not know what to say or do...I froze and then I realized what I had. A wood lotto FS my first CF rifle with fantastic wood on it. I called my best friend Jeff Miller and Bandit1250 I was four feet off the ground.

So here is a picture of all three of my 222s

so there is my story. How did yours happen ?

Signalman

Last edited by Signalman; 05-24-2020 at 06:38 PM.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:53 AM
bandit1250
US Navy Veteran NRA Member - Click Here To Join!

TPC Rating: 
100% (1)
Signalman, Tell us why you had to be found in the "dump." How did you get lost in the first place? I told you I read every word you post.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:57 AM
USCGret

TPC Rating: 
0% (0)
My story is a little different. Already had the other 527s I've mentioned, but wanted one in .223, just because. I LOVE 527s. Easy to shoulder, carry all day long, and simply pretty to look at, IMO. I had no good reason for another 527, other than I wanted one and had not bought anything since this crazy virus stuff started. Called my LGS (SUPPORT YOUR LGS!!) and asked him to order one in .223. A little over 3 weeks later it arrived. Due to the ongoing health safety precautions, all paperwork etc was done in his parking area (a small rural shop). As he had other customers waiting nearby, I did not feel comfortable pulling the rifle out of the box in a public area, so I took a chance, paid the $, accepted the delivery and simply drove home knowing if there was a problem, the LGS would make it right. So, the entire drive home (about 30 mins) I was wondering about my wisdom to not inspect the rifle prior to accepting the transfer. So, when I got home, I could not wait to open the box to make sure the rifle was acceptable. Sooo, when I popped the lid I was going to inspect for the usual things and was then STUNNED to see the wood!! Lottery Winner!! I had just told my wife about what we call "Lottery Wood" and here it was, in person!! I hope I don't sound like I'm boasting....just sharing the excitement with friends who understand the feeling.

Last edited by USCGret; 05-24-2020 at 09:59 AM.